Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Computers] Face Shield - Protective Isolation Mask with anti-fog for $5.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2020 8:48 pm
[OP]
Jan 24, 2013
821 posts
3473 upvotes
MILTON

[Canada Computers] Face Shield - Protective Isolation Mask with anti-fog for $5.99

Face Shield - Protective Isolation Mask with anti-fog Ultra Light Weight, Direct Splash Protection

33 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
1889 posts
1093 upvotes
Markham
Why this one is so cheap? Normally a good one sells for $15?
-------
Thank you
Banned
Aug 17, 2008
60 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga, ON (GTA…
kunamvahees wrote: Why this one is so cheap? Normally a good one sells for $15?
It's not cheap - $15 is just gouging.
Jul 21, 2016
876 posts
1855 upvotes
Because they cost maximum $0,50 to produce in large quantity and they are bound to lower in price.
Thanks OP, bought 25!
(Mod edit: You are awesome)
Nov 4, 2009
245 posts
165 upvotes
Calgary
aznduk wrote: Is there free shipping?
I don't think CC has ever offered free shipping. Additionally I'm surprised they even allow shipping on this item. They have tons of items that are available online... for instore pickup only.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
14935 posts
15833 upvotes
Oakville
I've been 3D printing these for less than a dollar. Many others are as well and donating them to healthcare workers.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8679 posts
3139 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered something from CC for pickup at Yonge/Steeles. Went to pickup. There were lots of cars waiting and after an hour of no movement, called again, and they said they're not doing pickup?!? Not sure if I want to go try again or maybe I should just cancel the order.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
1889 posts
1093 upvotes
Markham
3D printing is cheap, but the actual clear plastic face part cannot be printers. I've been told you too have it clear Lazer cut. This item looks like flexible while $15 ones are solid face shield.

When you bend your face to look down, a proper should should hard stop you from bending down more. These ones looks like they will best instead.
-------
Thank you
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
14935 posts
15833 upvotes
Oakville
kunamvahees wrote: 3D printing is cheap, but the actual clear plastic face part cannot be printers. I've been told you too have it clear Lazer cut. This item looks like flexible while $15 ones are solid face shield.

When you bend your face to look down, a proper should should hard stop you from bending down more. These ones looks like they will best instead.
That's one way. Another is to just punch holes in clear plastic A4 sized sheets.
Not good for high speed projectile protection like metal grinding, like a lexan shield would be, but good enough to prevent spray from getting in your face if you're closer then 6ft. Also good to for intubation if official stuff isn't available.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2737 posts
416 upvotes
North York
Noob question: Are they good against the Corona Virus? Like a face mask?
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17977 posts
5970 upvotes
Toronto
sheriffabc wrote: Noob question: Are they good against the Corona Virus? Like a face mask?
You mean wearing this and no mask?
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
14935 posts
15833 upvotes
Oakville
sheriffabc wrote: Noob question: Are they good against the Corona Virus? Like a face mask?
Shields are typically used on top of a face mask. Shields are helpful when you are closer than 2M and are required when intubating a patient (it's messy). They prevent particles from reaching the mask, or even your eyes. You shouldn't need on unless you have to be close to someone, otherwise first line of defence is distance.