Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Computers] Face Shield - Protective Isolation Mask with anti-fog for $5.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2020 8:48 pm
Nov 22, 2014
490 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Ordered some for family. Not sure why so many downvotes
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2009
1334 posts
469 upvotes
Ontario
engineered wrote: I've been 3D printing these for less than a dollar. Many others are as well and donating them to healthcare workers.
Great work.

Pick up at store for these is a deal breaker for us as we'd live far from store
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1195 posts
567 upvotes
redflagkiller wrote: Thanks OP. Ordered some for family. Not sure why so many downvotes
I would say because this is a total "fear buy". As someone mentioned this has no practical purpose for just going around. If your wear this without a mask it is useless. If you wear this with a mask you would need to get way close to someone for this to have any impact which is not something you should be doing.

It's not as bad as wearing an N95 but you should just stick to getting or making masks.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6996 posts
3319 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I think it would be useful though.
Face mask only cover your nose and mouth.
This one protect your eyes too, especially when you need to get close to someone such as picking up your order or paying.
It is impossible to keep 2m distance at all times.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2125 posts
1481 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I work New Construction. So much dust of all kinds! I'm unable to find N95 mask. I'm allergic to wood dust. When I gotta drill into wood, I sneeze. So I get the "look" cause I'm Asian. Lol. Hopefully this mask can protect me a little. Better then no mask right?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
1856 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
chilli604 wrote: I work New Construction. So much dust of all kinds! I'm unable to find N95 mask. I'm allergic to wood dust. When I gotta drill into wood, I sneeze. So I get the "look" cause I'm Asian. Lol. Hopefully this mask can protect me a little. Better then no mask right?
Well considering this won’t stop the wood dust from entering your lungs (the particles are airborne and will just go around the sides of this mask), I’d say it’s basically like no mask.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3397 posts
2076 upvotes
Vancouver
sheriffabc wrote: Noob question: Are they good against the Corona Virus? Like a face mask?
N95 > Surgical Mask > Home made mask

Face shields are intended to protect against a very close sneeze or cough in your direction.

This is a respiratory virus. Prioritize getting N95 respirators or settle for surgical masks.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2125 posts
1481 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
grego9198 wrote: Well considering this won’t stop the wood dust from entering your lungs (the particles are airborne and will just go around the sides of this mask), I’d say it’s basically like no mask.
1st people said. Wearing a mask doesn't protect you from Covid-19. Now everywhere on the news is saying to wear a mask. Your probably right. This won't protect me. I'm gonna do what makes me feel safer 🛡Face With Medical Mask
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
1856 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
chilli604 wrote: 1st people said. Wearing a mask doesn't protect you from Covid-19. Now everywhere on the news is saying to wear a mask. Your probably right. This won't protect me. I'm gonna do what makes me feel safer 🛡Face With Medical Mask
You’re right, if everyone wore a face mask it would help prevent germs from spreading, but a non-N95 mask’s (not face shield) main purpose is to keep other people from getting sick from you, it’s keeping your germs in. I think the earlier position about not wearing masks was to keep non-frontline people from hoarding N95 masks.

This plastic shield isn’t actually protecting your lungs from wood dust though, you’re better off making your own mask from several layers of cloth, at least it would have some filtering capabilities. There are many tutorials on how to make one,

But your employer should really provide you with a dust mask especially if you’re allergic.

Stay safe!
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1195 posts
567 upvotes
chilli604 wrote: 1st people said. Wearing a mask doesn't protect you from Covid-19. Now everywhere on the news is saying to wear a mask. Your probably right. This won't protect me. I'm gonna do what makes me feel safer 🛡Face With Medical Mask
Wearing a home-made mask does not protect you from getting Covid-19. Wearing a mask prevents you from infecting someone else so if everyone wears a mask everyone is protected which is why airports are now requiring them. The only thing that protects you are limiting close social contacts to the strict minimum and follow the two meters rule. The problem is that when you feel safer you are more likely to not follow the rules.
Nov 1, 2016
85 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
aznduk wrote: Is there free shipping?

Looks like it’s cheaper here if you don’t mind waiting for a month at least
C$ 4.07
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dZy034r

Or $4.54
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4580947715
You will probably receive it after the pandemic or at least June if you buy anything from China Face With Tears Of Joy.
All direct passenger flights are cancelled until late May, and direct freight flights are reserved by the government/big companies.
Apr 17, 2015
443 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto, ON
chilli604 wrote: I work New Construction. So much dust of all kinds! I'm unable to find N95 mask. I'm allergic to wood dust. When I gotta drill into wood, I sneeze. So I get the "look" cause I'm Asian. Lol. Hopefully this mask can protect me a little. Better then no mask right?
If you're in desperate need.. PM me.

Your work should provide you with an N95 plus get you fit tested... Especially with allergies. Go to your doctor to write you a script that you need it for work.

And that the WSIB day of mourning just passed. You don't want to be included as a stat.
Feb 18, 2007
604 posts
677 upvotes
Vancouver
99% of the lay public wearing these things aren't using PPE with proper donning/doffing and decon procedures anyways. Rendering it worse than not wearing ppe, it gives a detrimental false sense of security.

The amount of time i've seen people with masks around their chin, or one gloved hand on their steering wheel while picking their nose in the other. **** hilarious.

Wash your **** hands, and stay away from people. Avoid exposure in medium to high risk environments as much as possible.
Nov 1, 2016
85 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
Know your enemy first:
1) Covid-19/SARS-CoV-2 receptor is call ACE2, found in mucosae, nasal, oral cavities, lips, eyelids, lungs, arteries, heart, kidney, and intestines.
In a nutshell: Covid-19 most likely enter your body from your eyes, nose and mouths.

2) Normal surgical mask actually won't help you much if you have a virus carrier very close to you (Approx. 70% chance you will still get it).
It worked by assuming everyone is sick and everyone is wearing something to cover their mouth. If the virus carrier covers their mouth with something, approx. 5% chance someone will get it.
In a nutshell: Surgical mask can't fully protect you, but it can protect everyone. Don't have a false sense of safety. Please do cover your mouth with something.

3) Protective faceshield works by blocking virus carrying droplets. Sneezes and coughs spit out maybe 40,000 droplets.
You spit out 500 droplets per minute when you talk. Not sure will it block virus carrying aerosol. That's why you see plastic shield in Walmart check out but that's not enough to protect them.
In a nutshell: Faceshield should be a must for the front-line worker like supermarket cashier. If you practice physical distance well, you shouldn't need it so badly. Consider donate them to people needed most first.

Science here: https://www.vox.com/videos/2020/4/22/21 ... oronavirus

Best line of defense: Stay home and only essential travel!

P.S That's what real PARP looks like: