Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Computers] Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Tempered Glass Blackout Edition $175

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2019 10:52 pm
[OP]
Jul 2, 2011
249 posts
157 upvotes
Pickering, ON

[Canada Computers] Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Tempered Glass Blackout Edition $175

I've been watching a couple of PC cases and this one finally came on sale. There are still several left in stock and you can order for delivery or pickup. Not sure when this deal expires but their weekly sale ends on the 29th so that's my best guess.

Tom
5 replies
Jul 2, 2018
21 posts
16 upvotes
This is a really solid case with a lot of room for cable management.

Keep in mind the PWM controllers are not unique. The bottom-most PWM input replicates the speed to all of the remaining PWM fans (3 total, the master being the bottom input).

I decided to not use it, and just plugged my 3 noctua pwm fans directly onto the motherboard.

Also noise dampening is a step down from R5 as the top panel is now no longer sealed (it is detachable for easy access, which has its advantages).
Aug 26, 2008
114 posts
138 upvotes
Oakville
I have an older model of this. Really nice case and easy to clean.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1145 posts
1192 upvotes
Toronto
Not the greatest case in terms of thermals though. I suspect its all that sound deadening material it advertises acts as a sort of insulator.

gamers nexus review of H500 Mesh

The link above is for the Cooler Master H500 Mesh but they compare it to many cases including this Fractal Design one.
Jan 14, 2004
831 posts
72 upvotes
Have this case for my HTPC. If you can get your hands on the extra drive cages its awesome for a RAID/UNRAID/FLEXRAID SERVER. Have 9x3TB RAID 6 With a 8TB BACKUP. No issues with thermals for this application.
Sep 14, 2009
407 posts
144 upvotes
Amazing case but I bought this for $160 a year ago so the price isn't unheard of.