• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2020 10:32 am
[OP]
Aug 6, 2019
425 posts
883 upvotes
Ottawa

[Canada Computers] Fractal Meshify S2 Tempered Glass case for $149.99

Hey all, was looking a for a computer case that had a great airflow and came across this. It comes with 3 fans installed amd has great mesh designs for increased airflow through.

Normally around $210 or higher in other retailers.
Last edited by gizmokrap on Dec 2nd, 2020 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
50 replies
Dec 9, 2012
69 posts
27 upvotes
Had one. Great price. Waiting for Cpu and mobo to go onsale. Are you building a new cor just migrate the old one ? If build a new one, did you find any deals on cpu and mobo ?
[OP]
Aug 6, 2019
425 posts
883 upvotes
Ottawa
Zen111 wrote: Had one. Great price. Waiting for Cpu and mobo to go onsale. Are you building a new cor just migrate the old one ? If build a new one, did you find any deals on cpu and mobo ?
Just migrating. Using my old case for a NAS build soon.
Feb 13, 2012
264 posts
127 upvotes
Greater Sudbury
I have this case its nice and compact looks sharp and More Importantly has great airflow
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4783 posts
1980 upvotes
Ancaster
Good case is good. I switched from a Define R3 to this and my temperatures dropped, fans run at lower RPMs and I can use less fans. 10/10.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
2555 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
How hot is this deal? I don't plan on building a new computer until next year. Is it worth holding onto this case until then? Or am I likely to find similar or better value from now until then?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2624 posts
985 upvotes
Ottawa
Mugen123 wrote: How hot is this deal? I don't plan on building a new computer until next year. Is it worth holding onto this case until then? Or am I likely to find similar or better value from now until then?
Same, I'm planning on building sometime in early/mid 2021 when the AMD & Nvidia craze dies down a little.

I was looking at the NZXT H510 also which is about $50 cheaper, but I like that this one has 1 more USB port and the audio ports are separated.
[OP]
Aug 6, 2019
425 posts
883 upvotes
Ottawa
Mugen123 wrote: How hot is this deal? I don't plan on building a new computer until next year. Is it worth holding onto this case until then? Or am I likely to find similar or better value from now until then?
As someone on RFD said... buy now think later!
Aug 20, 2018
173 posts
543 upvotes
Really good deal for a really good case. I bought one of these for 210 a few months back, and it’s been really good with air movement.

Do consider picking up some notuas as it doesn’t come with that many fans, and the fans are just okay. [edit: it comes with three but has capacity for (I think) 9, so I mean that it doesn’t come with that many fans considering its capacity]

The only weakness of this is the glass panel. Mine broke into pieces with basically no movement. I opened the thing on a pile of towels, and it still managed to crack. Handle that tempered side with extreme caution.
[OP]
Aug 6, 2019
425 posts
883 upvotes
Ottawa
RandomGuy22 wrote: Really good deal for a really good case. I bought one of these for 210 a few months back, and it’s been really good with air movement.

Do consider picking up some notuas as it doesn’t come with that many fans, and the fans are just okay.

The only weakness of this is the glass panel. Mine broke into pieces with basically no movement. I opened the thing on a pile of towels, and it still managed to crack. Handle that tempered side with extreme caution.
For most who aren't overly obsessed with airflow or overclocking, 3 should suffice.

Your advice for tempered glass is for everything that has tempered glasses on it. That being said, yours must've been not cured properly, or the stress threshold had been reached without your knowledge (accidental bump by you, pets, someone else or all of the above with improper curing)
Jan 14, 2008
244 posts
100 upvotes
Quebec
What would be a good choice of quiet fans for this case or a Define 7 Compact? Thanks for your advice in advance!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
49427 posts
5848 upvotes
Toronto
If it fits your ideal budget then go for it. Wouldn't make sense to buy a $150 case for a $1000 PC build right.
Aug 20, 2018
173 posts
543 upvotes
chewbacca69 wrote: What would be a good choice of quiet fans for this case or a Define 7 Compact? Thanks for your advice in advance!
As far as I am aware, the Noctua fans are about as good as you’re going to get. Not sure on comparative volume to others though.

I’ve got three in my case (mesh s2) and it’s pretty quiet.
Aug 20, 2018
173 posts
543 upvotes
gizmokrap wrote: For most who aren't overly obsessed with airflow or overclocking, 3 should suffice.

Your advice for tempered glass is for everything that has tempered glasses on it. That being said, yours must've been not cured properly, or the stress threshold had been reached without your knowledge (accidental bump by you, pets, someone else or all of the above with improper curing)

Agreed on glass. Apologies, this was supposed to be general feedback on buying a case with glass on it.

Not totally agreeing on airflow. My 3080 was running quite hot (under intense load) without any OC with the three fans. Temp plummeted with even some of the additional fans you can add with this case. Basically, if you’re at all interested in flow, you can add enough fans to really increase airflow.
[OP]
Aug 6, 2019
425 posts
883 upvotes
Ottawa
RandomGuy22 wrote: Agreed on glass. Apologies, this was supposed to be general feedback on buying a case with glass on it.

Not totally agreeing on airflow. My 3080 was running quite hot (under intense load) without any OC with the three fans. Temp plummeted with even some of the additional fans you can add with this case. Basically, if you’re at all interested in flow, you can add enough fans to really increase airflow.
I have yet to install my current set up into the case so I can't comment for sure on whether 3 will be enough or not but if someone wants to add more fans, I think they should do it, more fans never hurt.
Jul 15, 2011
35 posts
62 upvotes
I am debating whether I should use this S2 or a meshify C for the 1st time build.

Planning to use it mainly for machine learning study, use it together with a gigabyte x570 aurora, not sure a noctua nh-d15 will fit in the meshify C. But d15 may not a necessary it is cool enough. Planning only air cooling.
C: small footprint, ~$50 cheaper
S2: way larger, better built?

Any suggestion is appreciated!
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1110 posts
557 upvotes
Markham
chewbacca69 wrote: What would be a good choice of quiet fans for this case or a Define 7 Compact? Thanks for your advice in advance!
Arctic F12s or Noctua nf-F12s, or their counterparts with P series (static pressure) and 140mm variants.

Note that the define 7 company's rear exhaust is 120mm, and it only comes with a single 140mm in the front.
No fan hub as well compared to the larger define 7.