Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

Gigabyte Aorus 15P XD laptop i7 with RTX 3070 at $1299 again!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2023 2:05 pm
Jan 11, 2008
44 posts
355 upvotes

[Canada Computers] Gigabyte Aorus 15P XD laptop i7 with RTX 3070 at $1299 again!

Looks like Canada Computers is offering this same deal from a few months ago. Awesome price for this laptop with i7 CPU and a RTX 3070 video card.

Not gonna miss this one this time.
191 replies
Nov 13, 2014
195 posts
146 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Why is it taking me to their insta page?
Sep 25, 2019
134 posts
293 upvotes
For what its worth, my SO has this laptop and so does my brother. They both enjoy it for gaming and productivity (Autocad / mastercam).
SO has a usb c hub pass through with HDMI output so they're connected to two external monitors (one through regular HDMI, other through the usb c hub)

No issues thus far, surprisingly compact and portable.
I would purchase one myself, however I'm still rocking a laptop with a 1070 and recently built a desktop.
Nov 11, 2014
121 posts
48 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Does this have the capability for an additional hard drive or RAM? I'm unable to currently check myself.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
archx17 wrote: Does this have the capability for an additional hard drive or RAM? I'm unable to currently check myself.
You'll have to do a complete swap out of the rsm, but yes

Should have an additional nvme slot and probably an SSD slot too
Sep 25, 2019
134 posts
293 upvotes
archx17 wrote: Does this have the capability for an additional hard drive or RAM? I'm unable to currently check myself.
Like others have mentioned, if you wanted to upgrade the ram, you'll have to replace the current ones. For hard drive, there is one additional nvme slot for your needs, located beside the battery.

Hope that helps in your decision making :)
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2019
1262 posts
1248 upvotes
Been using it for 3 months. Terrible battery life (around 1.5 hours of basic browsing). Otherwise, top notch in performance.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2019
1554 posts
2677 upvotes
The control center has been garbage for me with the keyboard lights resetting everytime I restart (not a big deal). The webcam is awful as it's located above the keyboard opposed to the top of the screen. Right now I'm replacing the battery port on the side since it's not working (guessing not a common problem). Overall id recommend it, but damn I miss dell's customer service where you get a response faster then a week.
Oct 8, 2005
884 posts
188 upvotes
darkhorz1 wrote: Been using it for 3 months. Terrible battery life (around 1.5 hours of basic browsing). Otherwise, top notch in performance.
This is what steers me away from Intel for laptops.
AMD generally has way better battery life.
Jan 11, 2008
44 posts
355 upvotes
Ausmack, the keyboard light issue happened to me as well. Just download their latest control center and it fixed my issue.
Sep 2, 2019
377 posts
550 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Just how bad is Gigabyte's warranty and after sales service?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2019
1554 posts
2677 upvotes
EK2S40 wrote: Ausmack, the keyboard light issue happened to me as well. Just download their latest control center and it fixed my issue.
I did but unfortunately didn't work for me
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2313 posts
3013 upvotes
pretty sure this one has ~ 2 / 3hr battery life.

but can't go wrong with 11800H 3070 + 240hz

Gigabyte thou.
-------------------
Rogers mobile + internet
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
1804 posts
348 upvotes
GTA
Ive been using it the past couple months.
Key notes
  • keep it plugged in and command center is annoying.
Other than that.its a beast.
Aug 15, 2015
187 posts
270 upvotes
Windsor
Nobody talking about Canada Computers’ terrible rep?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
Jul 6, 2008
138 posts
141 upvotes
My last laptop was a Gigabyte Aero 14. Purchased in early 2018, died twice on me within the warranty period and was RMA'd.
Then it died again outside of the warranty just a few months ago. Motherboard shorted out.

Great price, but I'm not going with Gigabyte again.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)