Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2060 OC 6G . $369 with MIR at CC

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2020 10:12 am
9 replies
[OP]
Aug 20, 2018
307 posts
1339 upvotes
I wonder how much lower the prices will get.. or whether the 2060 is future proof enough
Aug 11, 2012
739 posts
264 upvotes
is this higher or lower performance than the RTX 2060 Super?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1525 posts
259 upvotes
Peterborough
REALBAUCE wrote: is this higher or lower performance than the RTX 2060 Super?
lower
Dec 5, 2009
271 posts
111 upvotes
GTA
super is better, also super usually comes with 8gb vram
Aug 11, 2012
739 posts
264 upvotes
looking to get pretty close to ultra settings in Apex Legends at 1440p, looks like I'll have to go up to the 2060 Super. Just kind of a bummer because I have a GTX 970 from 3-4 years ago and the PassMark scores aren't even double. I guess that's the reality nowadays
Sep 3, 2010
292 posts
305 upvotes
REALBAUCE wrote: looking to get pretty close to ultra settings in Apex Legends at 1440p, looks like I'll have to go up to the 2060 Super. Just kind of a bummer because I have a GTX 970 from 3-4 years ago and the PassMark scores aren't even double. I guess that's the reality nowadays
I am in the same situation. I will get new rig after cyberpunk 2077 is out and see the reviews for the hardware comparison. I would really encourage staying with AMD video card (yes even amidst of the driver concerns ) to punish nvidia for milking all the consumers in last few years. That, and amd Radeon series have really come a long way ! Please give and video card a chance whenever you can!
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1353 posts
784 upvotes
Not sure what AMD driver concerns everybody is referring to, I had none so far. Very stable cards, no issues on 570 and a 5700XT. Not a big fan of the Radeon software that gets installed, I find it to complex for what it is supposed to do.
However the AMD cards are power hogs and I would have went with Nvidia if the price would have been a tad lower, I would have really liked a 2060 super.
Jan 23, 2007
142 posts
16 upvotes
govas19 wrote: Not sure what AMD driver concerns everybody is referring to, I had none so far. Very stable cards, no issues on 570 and a 5700XT. Not a big fan of the Radeon software that gets installed, I find it to complex for what it is supposed to do.
However the AMD cards are power hogs and I would have went with Nvidia if the price would have been a tad lower, I would have really liked a 2060 super.
I am not sure your personal experience and sample size of 1 is representative of all the people who have purchased and had issues with AMD 5X00 cards. You can read newegg, amazon reviews and get a good idea what people are experiencing and their relative ratios.

@ OP. Buying video cards is probably the least future proof of computer purchases and is variable depending on your standards (Ultra, 4k, 60fps, vs med, 1080, 144fps). New cards are coming out this year so if you can wait, you will probably be able to get something with more perf for the same $$. If you can't wait, this is the cheapest 2060 out there and you can't feel too bad about that.