Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G (rev 2.0) LHR ($949 - $280 = $669)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2022 4:01 pm
Mar 3, 2018
690 posts
536 upvotes
JoJoCan wrote: I paid over $1k for a 3060ti on Kijiji during the pandemic?

$600 for a 3070 with a warranty? That's a great deal, no?
How good of a deal this is depends on if your current GPU is functional and what ends up coming out over the next few months.

If in November ~$800 CAD gets you 3090 level performance, then the market will have to adjust.
Nov 19, 2017
152 posts
168 upvotes
jcamldn wrote: we still hodling or what? this seems like a pretty decent price.
I'm still holding out. I'd grab one if it were around 500$. The ETH mining changes, the upcoming 4000 series, and intels entry should help push the price of midrange cards a good amount.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
2954 posts
1979 upvotes
AB
gatsu01 wrote: It's a reasonable price for a decent card. I would wait how things shake out though. There's a mountain of miner cards hitting the market soon.
That are used and abused.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
2954 posts
1979 upvotes
AB
Chanlion wrote: The alternative, the AMD 6750 XT is 650$ or cheaper (600ish) which matches the performance of the 3070. The only downside I see to getting the AMD is that workstation accelerated workloads are usually not supported.
There's also the wider available 6700 XT which is a bit worse but close to 100$ cheaper.
Unless you play games with RT then it gets trounced.
Penalty Box
Nov 27, 2011
4861 posts
4351 upvotes
Calgary
Seems like a decent deal.

GPU is the last part i need for my build but I can use the APU/iPGU for now. I would love to get the silver 3070 (Vision). If that was under $700 after taxes, would definitely be a deal for me.
teksavvy sucks
Aug 28, 2007
444 posts
895 upvotes
Toronto
gatsu01 wrote: It's a reasonable price for a decent card. I would wait how things shake out though. There's a mountain of miner cards hitting the market soon.

Yeah but how good will those cards be though? probably running non-stop for months.
Jan 14, 2022
152 posts
304 upvotes
Michaelle wrote: Hold this will be a $450 card
Yup, lol. People said I was delusional, they were happy buying their 3070 for 1200+ tax in June, lmfao. People got BURNED, these still have a way to drop. Don't be a sucker, prices still coming down, after the merge tonight these things will be dirt cheap within a week or two once miners realize their profits are gone and they're holding onto a paperweight. Make the manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and miners sweat, that's what they did to you when there was a "shortage".
Nov 7, 2005
745 posts
531 upvotes
Winnipeg
Keep your receipts for the lawsuits that start coming out in 3-5 years for all the price collusion that went on over the last 2-3 years! LOL
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2202 posts
2220 upvotes
Montreal
Michaelle wrote: Hold this will be a $450 card
or hold another 10 years , it will hit 49$
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Jan 14, 2022
152 posts
304 upvotes
Bessem wrote: or hold another 10 years , it will hit 49$
But but but, 6 months ago people told me gpus only went up Face With Tears Of Joy
Oct 22, 2007
241 posts
119 upvotes
Vancouver
Probably anecdotal, but I stopped buying gigabyte cards when I had got a 1070 windforce and the fan would rattle. I read there is some bad design problems with gigabyte.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
2528 posts
1774 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've been using this exact same card for the last year and a half, and I've been happy with it. It performs well, stays cool and has been reliable.

I'm planning on replacing it when the 4070 comes out.
Mar 3, 2018
690 posts
536 upvotes
raven0usvampire wrote: Yeah but how good will those cards be though? probably running non-stop for months.
In terms of performance they will likely the same as a non-mining card provided you’re a sure they have the normal bios on there not the mining one. If you get an EVGA card you should still have the warranty for a few years as well. MSI should also go or the warranty as long as you don’t mention it’s a used card but it’s a slight dice roll there.

Depending on how hot they were running and how long they were on for you might need to DIY some new thermal paste and pads.
Penalty Box
Nov 27, 2011
4861 posts
4351 upvotes
Calgary
Is a 3070 TI vision (silver) brand new for $700 a good price?
teksavvy sucks
Aug 5, 2015
106 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Keep holding! Nvidia is announcing new GPU this month, which means they will drop the price even more to get rid of old stock
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3462 posts
3035 upvotes
GVRD
raven0usvampire wrote: Yeah but how good will those cards be though? probably running non-stop for months.
The worst used video cards are the ones from gamer's rig. They often dusty, and abused because many gamers prefer style over functions and used to worst type of case to achieve the look. They also lack the skills to properly evaluate and just overclock with settings from Reddit.

IMO, there is nothing wrong buying mining cards given they are priced appropriately. These high end cards are over-engineered with better VRM, MOSFET etc with out of the factory overclocking, even they are used 24/7, with sufficient cooling, they will outlast the computer. You can definitely tell between a good used card and bad used card the way dusts are accumulated and that's the first thing I look into.

Seasonal miners will know the best ratio between voltage and performance, and will try to undervolt as much while maintaining the hashrate. They also will employ better power, air cleaner to ensure their "investment" will keep churning out cash. These are likely the best used cards to buy and you can tell because they tend to sell along with other mining gears.

For the 3070, I will still say HODL. Let's wait for AMD and nVidia be more aggressive in clearing out their inventory while the used market is littered with used cards. You can buy a moderately used 3080 for a little more than $750.
Mar 3, 2018
690 posts
536 upvotes
umadbrah wrote: Is a 3070 TI vision (silver) brand new for $700 a good price?
Relative to this, then I guess it's fine. a 3070ti is at most 5-8% better than a 3070, so around $700 is okay if you absolutely need a new GPU today.

Keep in mind that we are less than a week out from GTC where it's widely expected that the 4000 series will be announced. Rumours are also pointing towards a 4070TI releasing at around $800 in November. If you're able to hold to see how the market reacts, you might be able to save a bit.