Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G (rev 2.0) LHR ($949 - $280 = $669)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2022 4:01 pm
Feb 4, 2011
285 posts
291 upvotes
Ottawa
wearysky wrote: Literally who cares about downvotes? They mean nothing at all.
Exactly. I suspect the downvotes might be because it's Gigabyte, but you never know why people really downvote.
Apr 15, 2004
774 posts
243 upvotes
Korin25 wrote: Exactly. I suspect the downvotes might be because it's Gigabyte, but you never know why people really downvote.
What do you mean? Just click on the little i to find out why. With limited options, sometimes it might still not be clear what the reason is but in this case it's very clear people just don't like the price. Regardless, though, people are indeed way too obsessed with silly downvote counts.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2199 posts
2210 upvotes
Montreal
Korin25 wrote: Exactly. I suspect the downvotes might be because it's Gigabyte, but you never know why people really downvote.
27% of down votes think it is Not a good price
Don't know what price they want to make them happy

Still good card with good price imo , you can spend a little more to get the TI version
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21042 posts
10550 upvotes
Oakville
The only time I *ever* look at downvotes is when an OP complains about it. Otherwise I completely forget it's there. It's hilarious to me every single time somebody gets butthurt that people don't like their deal.
Bessem wrote: 27% of down votes think it is Not a good price

Still good card with good price imo , you can spend a little more to get the TI version
In the case of video cards, particularly right now, there are two camps: the "omg prices are finally dropping after SO LONG with insane prices, I'm gonna buy now!" camp and the "Prices are absolutely going to plummet even more, it's silly to buy now" camp.

Personally speaking, this deal seems warm-ish to me, but thankfully I've got a 2080TI borrowed from a buddy that I can use till the 40xx cards come out in the new year.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
2501 posts
2284 upvotes
Chanlion wrote: The alternative, the AMD 6750 XT is 650$ or cheaper (600ish) which matches the performance of the 3070. The only downside I see to getting the AMD is that workstation accelerated workloads are usually not supported.
There's also the wider available 6700 XT which is a bit worse but close to 100$ cheaper.
That and rt cores, and the software/driver advantage nvidia still has.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4550 posts
1002 upvotes
Toronto
gatsu01 wrote: It's a reasonable price for a decent card. I would wait how things shake out though. There's a mountain of miner cards hitting the market soon.

This is a new card, so it won't be burnt out for mining. You're making a point for taking the deal.

However, the 4xxx series is supposed to launch shortly, which is a good case for waiting.
Dec 16, 2010
69 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
eth just merged, so be prepared for a flood of cheap miner cards on kijiji
Oct 24, 2019
941 posts
1745 upvotes
Edmonton
Bessem wrote: 27% of down votes think it is Not a good price
No Price will make those people happy as if it was $369 people will still said "prices are dropping and it will get lower still".
Or wait for 4000 series or wait for Black Friday, etc...

I found this video interesting... makes me think prices will not get much lower.
I will most likely be looking to the used market as I have noticed an up tick in the one GPU line (Gigabyte Vision White) that I'm looking at buying in my city.
Used prices are still high as people are not stupid and are still listing mining cards at a close to new price.
Feb 28, 2012
599 posts
476 upvotes
Vaughan
Didn't downvote but it's not a great price considering what's happening in the GPU market.

Big next gen unveil coming up and ETH 2 merge happened last night so expect a ton of cards to flood the market (they already have and will continue).

AMD 6900 XT's have been going on major discounts in the US, it's already under $900 in Canada and dropping fast. 3070 LHR's have at least another $100 (if not more) to go from this price imo.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
1280 posts
285 upvotes
Unless you have dirt cheap energy cost, are not all card not profitable right now? Whattomine is not accurate.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21042 posts
10550 upvotes
Oakville
jiffylube1024 wrote: However, the 4xxx series is supposed to launch shortly, which is a good case for waiting.
Last rumour I saw was that we're unlikely to see anything but 4090 by end of year, with others coming early in 2023 (4060 last), so that retailers can dump the existing 30xx stock. I haven't been paying *that* close attention, though I saw that Nvidia has an event scheduled for next Tuesday so I'm guessing that's when we'll find out more? Just took a quick gander at Kijiji to see what the 3080ti market was looking like across the GTA right now, and if this doesn't give a perfect encapsulation of various views on the market I don't know what will:

TheSlav wrote: I keep hearing this for a while now but it hasn’t happened yet.
The ETH merge literally happened *today*. So I guess we'll see if miners really *do* decide to dump their cards now.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
2505 posts
1757 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wearysky wrote: Last rumour I saw was that we're unlikely to see anything but 4090 by end of year, with others coming early in 2023 (4060 last), so that retailers can dump the existing 30xx stock. I haven't been paying *that* close attention, though I saw that Nvidia has an event scheduled for next Tuesday so I'm guessing that's when we'll find out more? Just took a quick gander at Kijiji to see what the 3080ti market was looking like across the GTA right now, and if this doesn't give a perfect encapsulation of various views on the market I don't know what will:

The ETH merge literally happened *today*. So I guess we'll see if miners really *do* decide to dump their cards now.
Yes, it's still uncertain what nVidia will release by the end of the year, maybe just the 4090, but there's still a chance we might see the 4070 and 4080 before the holidays. In any case, I'm hoping they'll at least announce the specs for 4070 and 4080 at next week's event.

Also, I believe AMD will be releasing their new cards before Xmas, and they should be quite an interesting offering, with hopefully much better ray tracing performance which should narrow the gap with the equivalent nVidia cards.
Oct 24, 2019
941 posts
1745 upvotes
Edmonton
wearysky wrote: Just took a quick gander at Kijiji to see what the 3080ti market was looking like across the GTA right now, and if this doesn't give a perfect encapsulation of various views on the market I don't know what will:

I'm not sure what you are getting at with this image but you need to scroll down to get actual 3080ti listings.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3009 posts
1471 upvotes
Markham
I don't have any Gigabyte product that didn't break after 2-3 years
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
5751 posts
4092 upvotes
wearysky wrote: Last rumour I saw was that we're unlikely to see anything but 4090 by end of year, with others coming early in 2023 (4060 last), so that retailers can dump the existing 30xx stock. I haven't been paying *that* close attention, though I saw that Nvidia has an event scheduled for next Tuesday so I'm guessing that's when we'll find out more? Just took a quick gander at Kijiji to see what the 3080ti market was looking like across the GTA right now, and if this doesn't give a perfect encapsulation of various views on the market I don't know what will:

Can you explain this ETH merger as if you’re talking to a 10 year old child that knows nothing of Cryto lmaooo.
Oct 24, 2019
941 posts
1745 upvotes
Edmonton
TheSlav wrote: Can you explain this ETH merger as if you’re talking to a 10 year old child that knows nothing of Cryto lmaooo.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
2505 posts
1757 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TheSlav wrote: Can you explain this ETH merger as if you’re talking to a 10 year old child that knows nothing of Cryto lmaooo.
Ethereum has moved from proof of work to proof of stake. Essentially with POW they needed the processing power of many GPUs to validate each transaction on the blockchain. With POS, cryptocurrency owners validate blockchain transactions based on the number of coins they stake. This means no more GPU mining, less power consumption.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1684 posts
2219 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
This deal belongs in the retailers are trying to dump overstock inventory by pretending to give a massive discount from 2-year old MSRP forum
Aug 18, 2022
2 posts
1 upvote
Would going from my 1080 to a 3070 would I notice improvements ?

adobe video + audio and gaming

Thanks Paul.