Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G (rev 2.0) LHR ($949 - $280 = $669)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2022 4:01 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
2528 posts
1774 upvotes
Toronto, ON
paulrichcan wrote: Would going from my 1080 to a 3070 would I notice improvements ?

adobe video + audio and gaming

Thanks Paul.
For sure. The 3070 will perform much better at 1440p, and you'll have ray tracing and DLSS as well.
Jan 14, 2022
152 posts
304 upvotes
Used 3080's already popping up for less than 700 now, lmao was I right or was I right? The merge dropped profitability by over 50% so far, going to be a fun next couple weeks to see the fire sales. Hold out if you want a lower cost of entry, these retailers and miners are going to squirm. Especially with high inflation and rising costs and interest rates continuously going up, buyers with access to capital and those without debt are in the drivers seat now.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
2954 posts
1979 upvotes
AB
bigboy1221 wrote: Used 3080's already popping up for less than 700 now, lmao was I right or was I right? The merge dropped profitability by over 50% so far, going to be a fun next couple weeks to see the fire sales. Hold out if you want a lower cost of entry, these retailers and miners are going to squirm. Especially with high inflation and rising costs and interest rates continuously going up, buyers with access to capital and those without debt are in the drivers seat now.
USED not new, you're not comparing the same thing.
Jan 14, 2022
152 posts
304 upvotes
iamsiege wrote: USED not new, you're not comparing the same thing.
Lol, thats what I said. Weren't you one of the ones that were saying prices wouldn't drop? Give it time, these will go for under 700 brand new in a month or so. The used cards dropping so fast just makes it even worse for retailers trying to get rid of these.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
5760 posts
4099 upvotes
Hahaha, see you what I was asking 🤣
Niklasky wrote:
Ethereum has moved from proof of work to proof of stake. Essentially with POW they needed the processing power of many GPUs to validate each transaction on the blockchain. With POS, cryptocurrency owners validate blockchain transactions based on the number of coins they stake. This means no more GPU mining, less power consumption.
Oh neat, that’s very interesting. Although, Crypto is still confusing AF to me and I want nothing to do with it. I just want an affordable GPU lol.
bigboy1221 wrote: Used 3080's already popping up for less than 700 now, lmao was I right or was I right? The merge dropped profitability by over 50% so far, going to be a fun next couple weeks to see the fire sales. Hold out if you want a lower cost of entry, these retailers and miners are going to squirm. Especially with high inflation and rising costs and interest rates continuously going up, buyers with access to capital and those without debt are in the drivers seat now.
This comment, you nailed it with the inflation/interest rates going up.

*HOLD THE LINE!*
Jan 14, 2022
152 posts
304 upvotes
TheSlav wrote: Hahaha, see you what I was asking 🤣

Oh neat, that’s very interesting. Although, Crypto is still confusing AF to me and I want nothing to do with it. I just want an affordable GPU lol.

This comment, you nailed it with the inflation/interest rates going up.

*HOLD THE LINE!*
We're just getting started my friend! Eth going to POS basically cuts all emissions from it and even makes it deflationary when the network is in high usage. The things we'll be able to do in the future is going to be incredible, getting rid of the middleman by using blockchain tech will be our future. The more you learn about sustainable crypto the more you'll learn about how the markets work and how inflation/interest rates tie in very closely, this is how I was able to see that those GPU prices weren't sustainable and a major drop was going to happen. I wish more people would get educated about how their money works, right now there is too many people being taken advantage of by our system. Central banks have been hurting us for way too long. There is a way out.
Nov 23, 2017
811 posts
549 upvotes
Happy (or sad for the miners) merge day everyone. The miners are panic loading blockchain networks of other PoW coins now, but it won't fill in the huge gap left by ETH. Soon everything will come crashing down...
Dec 19, 2018
348 posts
460 upvotes
Anybody that's gaming at 1080p and doesn't really care about ray tracing, the RX6600 is on sale for $299 HERE
This card keeps up with the RTX 3060 in most games and it costs 40% less. The RX6600 costs $350-$400 at other shops. One of the better values I've seen lately.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
2954 posts
1979 upvotes
AB
bigboy1221 wrote: Lol, thats what I said. Weren't you one of the ones that were saying prices wouldn't drop? Give it time, these will go for under 700 brand new in a month or so. The used cards dropping so fast just makes it even worse for retailers trying to get rid of these.
Yes and low and behold the great GPU Apocalypse predicted (by you and others) on NEW cards has not happened, I know because I build systems and check prices every day, there is a sale here (mostly at CC and mostly gigabyte) and there but most of the time its in store pickup and only a few available and they are sold out in short order.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5302 posts
3768 upvotes
Vancouver
JoJoCan wrote: I paid over $1k for a 3060ti on Kijiji during the pandemic?

$600 for a 3070 with a warranty? That's a great deal, no?
Not really after crypto dropped earlier this year, gpu has followed and it’s expected a lot of people will get out of mining (flood of used gpu). Add in the fact nvidia is set to release their 4000 series soon, you should see a lot of deals coming up for 3000 series cards and each being better than the previous. Black Friday would likely be the best time for deals (not necessary the best deal but it should be a good point, technology will keep going down in price over time so deals will beat it down the line).
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2012
1038 posts
1496 upvotes
Terrebonne
Chanlion wrote: The alternative, the AMD 6750 XT is 650$ or cheaper (600ish) which matches the performance of the 3070. The only downside I see to getting the AMD is that workstation accelerated workloads are usually not supported.
There's also the wider available 6700 XT which is a bit worse but close to 100$ cheaper.
And DLSS. And way worse Ray Tracing. And way weaker encoder. And Nvidia Reflex.

I mean I love AMD as much as anyone, I use a ryzen 5700x , used a RX570 for years, etc but their GPUs currently aren’t straight up comparable
Jan 14, 2022
152 posts
304 upvotes
iamsiege wrote: Yes and low and behold the great GPU Apocalypse predicted (by you and others) on NEW cards has not happened, I know because I build systems and check prices every day, there is a sale here (mostly at CC and mostly gigabyte) and there but most of the time its in store pickup and only a few available and they are sold out in short order.
Lol, the merge JUST happened. Give it a couple weeks once miners realize there is no more profits to be made and firesale their GPU's. Then wait another 2 weeks and watch the retailers have stock sit on shelf without anyone buying because of the firesale prices of miners gpu's. You were wrong, just admit it and move on.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21044 posts
10556 upvotes
Oakville
iamsiege wrote: Yes and low and behold the great GPU Apocalypse predicted (by you and others) on NEW cards has not happened, I know because I build systems and check prices every day, there is a sale here (mostly at CC and mostly gigabyte) and there but most of the time its in store pickup and only a few available and they are sold out in short order.
You expected the apocalypse to happen on the day that the merge occurred? That's not really how it's going to work. There are still coins that can be mined with GPUs, but they're not nearly as profitable, so it'll be a little while before miners start to give up entirely. BUT we've already seen effects of the merge over the few months - miners were buying fewer cards due to the pending merge, resulting in more cards being available and more stock piling up. Hence, sales like this one. Without the merge, miners would still be snapping up all these cards.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
2954 posts
1979 upvotes
AB
wearysky wrote: You expected the apocalypse to happen on the day that the merge occurred? That's not really how it's going to work. There are still coins that can be mined with GPUs, but they're not nearly as profitable, so it'll be a little while before miners start to give up entirely. BUT we've already seen effects of the merge over the few months - miners were buying fewer cards due to the pending merge, resulting in more cards being available and more stock piling up. Hence, sales like this one. Without the merge, miners would still be snapping up all these cards.
No but there will be nothing in the 4000 series that compares to the high end 30 series that will live on along side the 4000 series until next year so it will be another 5-6 months before the supposed apocalypse happens. There have been sales but they are very limited on the lower end and the high end had the most room to drop in price which is good for anyone that wants one IE not the "experts" that say wait until 2036 for the 20000 series because it will be cheaper.
Mar 9, 2020
354 posts
679 upvotes
Some people can't admit they're wrong and just double down or move the goal posts. Don't bother. Anyone saying prices aren't dropping or won't drop more is a fool. Tons of users here have been screaming prices wouldn't drop as we all watched prices drop. No point arguing with these people. They are the "expert"
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1962 posts
1214 upvotes
This price sucks.

I brought an AIB rtx 3070 (non LHR) for $770 MSRP (that was consider a crap deal at the time) 2 years ago. This card is not worth 670 after 2 years
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
<unnecessary>
Feb 23, 2021
64 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
fyrebug wrote: Some people can't admit they're wrong and just double down or move the goal posts. Don't bother. Anyone saying prices aren't dropping or won't drop more is a fool. Tons of users here have been screaming prices wouldn't drop as we all watched prices drop. No point arguing with these people. They are the "expert"
Are you also looking at inventory levels of these cards? Check out Canada Computers for 3080's as an example. There aren't as many in stock as people are making them sound to be for all these drastic price cuts to take place, we're talking like one or two of each card in a store. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the excess inventory just makes it way into prebuilts or something. nvidia aint giving these away for free to take a loss on a card or lose a sale on next gen cards
Jan 14, 2022
152 posts
304 upvotes
fyrebug wrote: Some people can't admit they're wrong and just double down or move the goal posts. Don't bother. Anyone saying prices aren't dropping or won't drop more is a fool. Tons of users here have been screaming prices wouldn't drop as we all watched prices drop. No point arguing with these people. They are the "expert"
The only expert they are is the expert of bagholding Face With Tears Of Joy
Jan 14, 2022
152 posts
304 upvotes
DealinDirty wrote: Are you also looking at inventory levels of these cards? Check out Canada Computers for 3080's as an example. There aren't as many in stock as people are making them sound to be for all these drastic price cuts to take place, we're talking like one or two of each card in a store. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the excess inventory just makes it way into prebuilts or something. nvidia aint giving these away for free to take a loss on a card or lose a sale on next gen cards
That ain't how supply and demand works. People who were mining now effectively have many extra cards they are not doing anything with. People sell their gpus putting downwards pressure on price because of so many extra cards hitting the market around the world, retailers cannot charge their higher prices anymore because why would someone pay 1k for a gpu when they can get a used one for 50% off. Even if it's used it works the same, yes there will be some that have to have new but those numbers are far less than those who just want a good deal on a card that's for entertainment purposes. This puts more pressure on retailers because no cards are moving off their shelves, which puts pressure on manufacturers because not as many cards are being sold so they must lower their price and bite their margins to continue moving more units. You don't need a crystal ball to see what's coming.
Feb 23, 2021
64 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
bigboy1221 wrote: That ain't how supply and demand works. People who were mining now effectively have many extra cards they are not doing anything with. People sell their gpus putting downwards pressure on price because of so many extra cards hitting the market around the world, retailers cannot charge their higher prices anymore because why would someone pay 1k for a gpu when they can get a used one for 50% off. Even if it's used it works the same, yes there will be some that have to have new but those numbers are far less than those who just want a good deal on a card that's for entertainment purposes. This puts more pressure on retailers because no cards are moving off their shelves, which puts pressure on manufacturers because not as many cards are being sold so they must lower their price and bite their margins to continue moving more units. You don't need a crystal ball to see what's coming.
All I was saying the current stock levels are low at canada computers so there might not be many retailers in gta flooded with cards. Memory express generally has a couple more but theyre currently priced higher. I'd feel better if instead of one card here and two cards there, they had like ryzen 5800x inventory levels, 8 at one store, 10+ at the next.