Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G (rev 2.0) LHR ($949 - $280 = $669)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2022 4:01 pm
Jan 7, 2017
135 posts
136 upvotes
Ontario
bigboy1221 wrote: That ain't how supply and demand works. People who were mining now effectively have many extra cards they are not doing anything with. People sell their gpus putting downwards pressure on price because of so many extra cards hitting the market around the world, retailers cannot charge their higher prices anymore because why would someone pay 1k for a gpu when they can get a used one for 50% off. Even if it's used it works the same, yes there will be some that have to have new but those numbers are far less than those who just want a good deal on a card that's for entertainment purposes. This puts more pressure on retailers because no cards are moving off their shelves, which puts pressure on manufacturers because not as many cards are being sold so they must lower their price and bite their margins to continue moving more units. You don't need a crystal ball to see what's coming.
I haven't really followed how work is being done in the crypto market for the last few years but if ETH is switching to POS but Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Litecoin, Monero and BCH are all still POW why would miners sell their cards for, presumably, a heavy loss rather than switch to mining a POW coin with the hardware they've already sunk into?

I purchased a card last week, with price protection running until end of Sept but I don't even think there'll be cards in stock then unless there's a big 30 series shipment coming soon and that's not likely. Buying used was not something I considered seriously anyway but I haven't seen much to suggest the market is being flooded, which should have started in the weeks leading up to the switch to POS.
Jan 14, 2022
152 posts
304 upvotes
bootski wrote: I haven't really followed how work is being done in the crypto market for the last few years but if ETH is switching to POS but Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Litecoin, Monero and BCH are all still POW why would miners sell their cards for, presumably, a heavy loss rather than switch to mining a POW coin with the hardware they've already sunk into?

I purchased a card last week, with price protection running until end of Sept but I don't even think there'll be cards in stock then unless there's a big 30 series shipment coming soon and that's not likely. Buying used was not something I considered seriously anyway but I haven't seen much to suggest the market is being flooded, which should have started in the weeks leading up to the switch to POS.
None of those coins are profitable to mine with gpus, only ASICS. Yes it shows you haven't followed the crypto market because you would have known that, gpus aren't selling out anymore, maybe they have restricted inventory so it doesn't look like a huge glut are in stock but that will only last for so long. Also people didn't sell their cards because until proof of stake happened everything was very profitable and people thought the good times would last. Similar to why people didn't sell their houses when the market was the hottest, they thought prices would only go up. It's happened the same way last bear cycle too, these cards are going to be going for so cheap soon.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
1089 posts
573 upvotes
Ontario
rtx 3000 series seem to have staggered even with rtx 4000 releasing