Expired Hot Deals

Canada Computers

GIGABYTE X570 GAMING X Motherboard (free shipping) $139.88 expired

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2021 4:48 am
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 10, 2010
9 posts
337 upvotes
TorontoDowntown

[Canada Computers] GIGABYTE X570 GAMING X Motherboard (free shipping) $139.88 expired

Hello Everyone. The lowest price on X570. It's Free Shipping!
Without an affordable GPU? Just buy a motherboard first!!!!

Image
Last edited by Adamxxtoronto on Aug 5th, 2021 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
If you're building a new rig, check out RFD reviews' list of the best motherboards for gaming!
27 replies
Sr. Member
Nov 17, 2019
723 posts
1900 upvotes
I'm not an expert in motherboard VRMs but they have a couple good deals at CC this week.


I'm a big fan of the MSI MAG Bazooka B550 at 119$. It's in the same VRM tier as the Gaming X, so some might be tempted to save the extra money.
https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=169635


You can find VRM tier list here :
https://linustechtips.com/topic/1137619 ... -amd-only/
Last edited by quantman on Aug 4th, 2021 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
Jun 16, 2019
193 posts
396 upvotes
Could have the wrong model here but look up professional reviews on this model I think this one is rated very terribly.

Asrock B550 Phantom 4 ac is on sale rn for $140, or $100 after $40 MIR at Canadacomputers and Newegg.

MSI B550A Pro I think it's called is $160 at Canadacomputers and probably other retailers.

Edit:
Adamxxtoronto wrote: Without an affordable GPU? Just buy a motherboard first!!!!
This is also potentially bad advice because buying a mobo first locks you out of possibly buying a GPU through a bundle.

Although CC has stopped doing bundles as much as I [anecdotally] think they're the retailer with the
most sitting GPU stock and you should call them and/or walk in to snag one because they don't update the site stock. However they're prices are generally still more expensive than what GPUs are supposed to be selling at (check Bestbuy pricing).

Newegg is still doing lots of bundles because Im sure their single GPU stock is being botted online.

Memory Express I have no clue they list lots of bundles online but it says instore only. Their process is probably similar to Canada Computers.
Last edited by Michnig on Aug 4th, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
Oct 21, 2018
125 posts
249 upvotes
Of course there is a big sale after I bought from Newegg.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2006
1063 posts
432 upvotes
Vancouver
which cpu goes best with this MB for under $400? no plan buying a dGPU yet just going to use on board graphic.
Sr. Member
Nov 17, 2019
723 posts
1900 upvotes
frugal69 wrote: x570 chipset > B550 chipset

x570 has most AM4 ryzen cpu compatibility

B550 and X570 support the same CPUs.

In general, you are right that B550<X570 but there is overlap comparing lower-end X570 and higher-end B550.
Last edited by quantman on Aug 4th, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 31, 2007
4897 posts
2826 upvotes
Good price for X570, but I do recommend people nowadays consider getting a WiFi board. Not because you should ever use WiFi over a LAN cable, but because it comes with bluetooth (ideally aim for BT 5.0 since it's a huge boost from 4).
Alternatively you can buy a bluetooth dongle off Aliexpress, but does feel a bit sketch.
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 10, 2010
9 posts
337 upvotes
TorontoDowntown
milkshake321 wrote: which cpu goes best with this MB for under $400? no plan buying a dGPU yet just going to use on board graphic.
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-core $329.99 for sure

https://www.amazon.ca/DANIPEW-Sepu-ltur ... B08166SLDF

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=183432

IF you need APU, you should wait for 5600G which is not available now.

You can check details about 5600G at below, it mention chips will go on sale August 5.
https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-5-5600g
Last edited by Adamxxtoronto on Aug 4th, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Nov 17, 2019
723 posts
1900 upvotes
milkshake321 wrote: which cpu goes best with this MB for under $400? no plan buying a dGPU yet just going to use on board graphic.
There's no onboard graphics in Zen3 CPUs (that you can buy retail), so you will need to get a cheap GPU or go intel.

The answer to the first question is the 5600x (329$).
Jr. Member
Jun 16, 2019
193 posts
396 upvotes
milkshake321 wrote: which cpu goes best with this MB for under $400? no plan buying a dGPU yet just going to use on board graphic.
You will need an APU if you want to run it without a dedicated GPU. While AMD's new APUs are good, they are worse than the non-APU equivalents (when paired with the same GPU)
Member
May 22, 2003
253 posts
95 upvotes
These comments are somewhat generic as I am commenting mostly on the Gigabyte Elite Wifi I own, but may be helpful as this board is similar. The chipset heatsink/fan combo look the same in the image as what was on the Elite Wifi.

I have the Gigabyte Elite Wifi version of this x570. If you buy any of the GB x570's you'll want to review if the model you buy has poor thermal pads on the chipset heatsink/fan combo. I believe it may be all Gigabyte X570 boards.

I bought the Elite Wifi for myself and my son. I built his system first and did not replace the thermal pad at the time (I wasn't aware then it might be an issue). I built my system a week later, and noted comments about the thermal pad not being great, so I replaced it on mine. It worked out to about a 10C drop in temperatures.

When I got around to replacing the thermal pad on my son's system a few months later, the thermal pad had turned into an oily goopy mess. It was still working ok, at least my son's system continued to be stable up until that point - he doesn't monitor temperatures in the manner I often do.

I just used paste I had from the NHD15, the heatsink/fan combo (on at least the Elite Wifi, can't speak to the Gaming model here) has springs, so the pressure should take up the slack/difference in spacing. Or use a known good thermal pad I suppose; I'm not a fan of the thermal pads at all and avoid them if possible. Replacing it was easy enough with the motherboard out of the system, but you do have to be careful with the fan pin/cable.

I'm happy enough with the Elite Wifi. Some strangeness with the BIOS at times. Not really a fan of the BIOS in general but I've seen comments from owners of other brands with similar issues. For me it is more 'the devil you know'; the board has some quirks but I'm used to them now.

I paid $270 before tax/shipping for the Elite Wifi model in August 2019. I actually wanted the non-wifi version at the time, but it wasn't available.
Newbie
Mar 28, 2020
33 posts
13 upvotes
adrianhensler wrote: These comments are somewhat generic as I am commenting mostly on the Gigabyte Elite Wifi I own, but may be helpful as this board is similar. The chipset heatsink/fan combo look the same in the image as what was on the Elite Wifi.

I have the Gigabyte Elite Wifi version of this x570. If you buy any of the GB x570's you'll want to review if the model you buy has poor thermal pads on the chipset heatsink/fan combo. I believe it may be all Gigabyte X570 boards.

I bought the Elite Wifi for myself and my son. I built his system first and did not replace the thermal pad at the time (I wasn't aware then it might be an issue). I built my system a week later, and noted comments about the thermal pad not being great, so I replaced it on mine. It worked out to about a 10C drop in temperatures.

When I got around to replacing the thermal pad on my son's system a few months later, the thermal pad had turned into an oily goopy mess. It was still working ok, at least my son's system continued to be stable up until that point - he doesn't monitor temperatures in the manner I often do.

I just used paste I had from the NHD15, the heatsink/fan combo (on at least the Elite Wifi, can't speak to the Gaming model here) has springs, so the pressure should take up the slack/difference in spacing. Or use a known good thermal pad I suppose; I'm not a fan of the thermal pads at all and avoid them if possible. Replacing it was easy enough with the motherboard out of the system, but you do have to be careful with the fan pin/cable.

I'm happy enough with the Elite Wifi. Some strangeness with the BIOS at times. Not really a fan of the BIOS in general but I've seen comments from owners of other brands with similar issues. For me it is more 'the devil you know'; the board has some quirks but I'm used to them now.

I paid $270 before tax/shipping for the Elite Wifi model in August 2019. I actually wanted the non-wifi version at the time, but it wasn't available.
What should the temperature be around for the pads? I bought this about two years ago. I never had a temperature issue but I'm wondering now if it should be lower. I have the wifi model as well.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 23, 2008
946 posts
506 upvotes
frugal69 wrote: x570 chipset > B550 chipset

x570 has most AM4 ryzen cpu compatibility
this is a VERY misleading comment

Yes, X570 is superior but a vast majority of people do NOT need it. You're better off looking for B550, saving the cash, and putting it into your GPU fund and you would not notice the difference. Why would you also buy an older AMD AM4 chip if you have the money to burn on an X570 board.

I have a B550 Aorus Pro AC (listed as a Tier S in the LTT VRM forum discussion for high current draw) and I still take advantage of PCI gen 4 between my CPU, GPU, and m2 storage. Albeit the B550 chipset restricts it so that I can only have 1 GPU and 1 m2 taking advantage of it vs X570 where ALL lanes take advantage of it.

But...why do I need 2 GPUs. Or why do I need to spend $$$$$ on a second PCI gen 4 m2 storage? It is unnecessary for the day to day usage.

Unless ofc you have loads of $$ to burn lol
Newbie
Oct 9, 2014
58 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver
I don't think it's misleading giving the sale price posted by OP is only $139. It's not $$$$ over a B550.

I think it's a no brainer price.

cryingx wrote: this is a VERY misleading comment

Yes, X570 is superior but a vast majority of people do NOT need it. You're better off looking for B550, saving the cash, and putting it into your GPU fund and you would not notice the difference. Why would you also buy an older AMD AM4 chip if you have the money to burn on an X570 board.

I have a B550 Aorus Pro AC (listed as a Tier S in the LTT VRM forum discussion for high current draw) and I still take advantage of PCI gen 4 between my CPU, GPU, and m2 storage. Albeit the B550 chipset restricts it so that I can only have 1 GPU and 1 m2 taking advantage of it vs X570 where ALL lanes take advantage of it.

But...why do I need 2 GPUs. Or why do I need to spend $$$$$ on a second PCI gen 4 m2 storage? It is unnecessary for the day to day usage.

Unless ofc you have loads of $$ to burn lol
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 23, 2008
946 posts
506 upvotes
feiya200 wrote: I don't think it's misleading giving the sale price posted by OP is only $139. It's not $$$$ over a B550.

I think it's a no brainer price.
I'm not referring to the price, don't get me wrong it's a great deal.

I'm referring to the comment earlier about x570 being superior to B550 all the time. That's misleading lol.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 19, 2017
1219 posts
1043 upvotes
Moncton
X570 is the more premium chipset, but B550 is the newer chipset so outside of fewer PCIe lanes (only really matters for multiple GPUs paired with dual M.2), and lower backwards CPU support (official vs what OEMs actually support) a B550 board might have better features than an entry level X570.

The Audio output on the Gigabyte's IO suggests that this is an entry level X570..... only 3 ports and no optical.
Last edited by sswilson on Aug 4th, 2021 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3285 posts
994 upvotes
Belle River
RiCHC3 wrote: Good price for X570, but I do recommend people nowadays consider getting a WiFi board. Not because you should ever use WiFi over a LAN cable, but because it comes with bluetooth (ideally aim for BT 5.0 since it's a huge boost from 4).
Alternatively you can buy a bluetooth dongle off Aliexpress, but does feel a bit sketch.
What's improved or added in Bluetooth 5?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 31, 2007
4897 posts
2826 upvotes
hystavito wrote: What's improved or added in Bluetooth 5?
Double the speed transfer speed and 2-3x the range. Naturally, you need a device that supports bluetooth 5 though. Might be special case, but I find it nice for wireless headphones at home tethered to the computer and being able to walk around more while listening to a podcast/YouTube or alike.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1296 posts
1935 upvotes
quantman wrote: I'm not an expert in motherboard VRMs but they have a couple good deals at CC this week.


I'm a big fan of the MSI MAG Bazooka B550 at 119$. It's in the same VRM tier as the Gaming X, so some might be tempted to save the extra money.
https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=169635


You can find VRM tier list here :
https://linustechtips.com/topic/1137619 ... -amd-only/
FYI, very limited availability at CC for the Bazooka. Pickup only, no online stock and only available at a few stores in ON and QC. Amazon has this mobo for $129, https://www.amazon.ca/MSI-MAG-B550M-Mot ... 093&sr=8-1.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)