Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Computers] Hoco Disposable protective mask 3 layers. non-woven and melt-blown fabric ear-hanging design, (50 pc per Box) $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2020 4:07 pm
Jul 19, 2020
23 posts
9 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Down to $11.99 now.
Are we at precovid prices now? Does anyone know an online store I can check on internet archive for pre covid pricing?
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
1911 posts
262 upvotes
Vancouver
If I can recollect, $7-8 / box was pre-covid pricing on these type of masks. It may have been down to around $5/box. Perhaps others can confirm.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20667 posts
14492 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
cgtlky wrote: Disposable means one used then garbage.
No it doesn't. These sorts of paper masks can be reused. More than once even.

For example (Google will find many more reputable sources): Living with face masks: How to stow them, reuse disposables and more | CBC News
Can you reuse a disposable mask? How many times?

While cloth masks are designed to be washed and reused, most medical-style disposable masks are officially designed for a single use — especially in higher-risk environments.

But [Dr. Anand Kumar, a professor of medicine at the University of Manitoba] says you can reuse them, especially if you're just out and about in an area with a low prevalence of COVID-19.

Between uses, he recommends leaving the mask in a paper bag for at least three days. During that time, any virus on the mask will gradually decrease.

He says it would be "perfectly reasonable" to have five to seven masks that are rotated into use on subsequent days.

How many times can you reuse a disposable medical-style mask?

Kumar says with this type of mask, what you see is what you get, so you can reuse it until it's dirty, worn or damaged.

"Obviously, you don't want to reuse a mask that's soiled," he says.

N95 masks can also be reused, Kumar says.
[Don't get me started about how discarded paper masks have replaced Tim Horton's coffee cups as the most frequently found street litter.]
veni, vidi, Visa
Aug 11, 2013
110 posts
124 upvotes
GewGaw wrote: Mom always said to make sure you got clean undie’s, guess these get two birds one stone :)
Not sure why I think it should be “two stones one bird” in that sentence. ;)
Jan 22, 2015
6 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa
zingers wrote: Lol... guess i should proof read better :)

Not sure why I think it should be “two stones one bird” in that sentence. ;)
Aug 20, 2006
62 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Bought in store at $11.99. Compared to previous years I've bought masks at $8-$13 for 50 masks on Amazon.
Feb 1, 2019
134 posts
37 upvotes
Mask Prices are much cheaper in ON than AB, ever since Aug 1 city bylaw "mandatory mask wearing in Public" prices hasn't gone down. My cousin got a deal @ Pharmacy in Hong Kong medical masks box of 50 ($10 CDN), he shipped 50 boxes over to friends & relatives.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8284 posts
3743 upvotes
Markham
chatbox wrote: I'm saying implies as in gives off the impression. Not an accusation.

(and as you said, among family members and friends...so potentially averages out to one box per household. It's all good)
No need hoard face mask now
The price is going down, the more you hoard, the more money you lose
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1562 posts
3336 upvotes
Price is now $9.99 with plenty of stock in most stores and online.
Mar 9, 2006
273 posts
21 upvotes
oj777 wrote: Price is now $9.99 with plenty of stock in most stores and online.
Down to $7.99 now.