• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2020 2:24 pm
[OP]
Oct 31, 2011
62 posts
108 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH

[Canada Computers] HyperX Cloud Flight S Wireless Gaming Headset - $174.99

Please take it easy on the downvotes, I know not a lot of people are not fond of wireless gaming headsets. I get it.

But it seems like this is a warm deal considering this headset just came out recently. It pretty much replaced the it's predecessor the Hyperx Cloud flight.

Some improvements are:
- Wireless Qi charging
- Better build Quality
- Re-mappable Buttons
- Slightly better battery life

The bad
- Lack of 3.5mm Jack

I believe currently, Canada Computers is only doing store pickup.
14 replies
Apr 23, 2007
503 posts
293 upvotes
Montreal
I didn’t try this model in particular but I had bad experience with HyperX headset that were very warm to wear after a long period.

Also, the mic quality on the wireless model seems to be not that good.

It’s very hard to find a wireless headset with a good mic. I tried almost all models on the market. I ended up with the Audio Technica wireless gaming headset.
Apr 25, 2014
46 posts
74 upvotes
gatineau, QC
A little too much price creep to deem a good deal. If this replaced the flight deal price at $120 it would have been.
Oct 29, 2019
249 posts
208 upvotes
I don’t have any concrete or first hand experience but from my research, wireless voice will never be as good as wired as the data is encoded and then decoded. I did consider this model but I ended up getting wired - Philips X2hr paired with vmoda boom mic.

I also strongly considered the Sennheiser pc37x when it was total $90 USD with mass Drop new member discount. It seems they have raised their price a bit.
https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennhei ... ng-headset

Just some options to consider.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1285 posts
537 upvotes
yyzthe6 wrote: I don’t have any concrete or first hand experience but from my research, wireless voice will never be as good as wired as the data is encoded and then decoded. I did consider this model but I ended up getting wired - Philips X2hr paired with vmoda boom mic.

I also strongly considered the Sennheiser pc37x when it was total $90 USD with mass Drop new member discount. It seems they have raised their price a bit.

For best voice quality you'd have to look at ones using bt aptx. Cheapest one I've found was the antlion mod mic but that was just the mic.
Apr 23, 2007
503 posts
293 upvotes
Montreal
yyzthe6 wrote: I don’t have any concrete or first hand experience but from my research, wireless voice will never be as good as wired as the data is encoded and then decoded. I did consider this model but I ended up getting wired - Philips X2hr paired with vmoda boom mic.

Check the Audio-Technica ATH-G1WL Premium Wireless Gaming Headset if you want wireless + wonderful mic quality. The quality of this one is better than the mod mic wireless.

Mic test :
Last edited by Benlehot on May 5th, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 18, 2017
712 posts
281 upvotes
ditachan wrote: For best voice quality you'd have to look at ones using bt aptx. Cheapest one I've found was the antlion mod mic but that was just the mic.
APTX profile is for listening to audio streaming. For Bluetooth headsets, if you would like to use the mic (on Windows 10); it will switch to the handsfree profile; which sounds awful. I ran out to buy a BT5 dongle to use my Bluetooth headphones on my computer and tried to get around this but no luck.

Typically wireless headsets (like OP) use a 2.4ghz connection that had enough bandwidth to provide decent voice as well as sound quality. I would listen to YouTube reviews where they test the mic if you are concerned about that.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2218 posts
1240 upvotes
GTA
I use this exact setup as well. If i dont want to be connected to the PC, I plug my headset and mic into a BT wireless DAC amp that connects to my BT on my desktop. Wireless achieved.
Oct 29, 2019
249 posts
208 upvotes
Akizuki wrote: I use this exact setup as well. If i dont want to be connected to the PC, I plug my headset and mic into a BT wireless DAC amp that connects to my BT on my desktop. Wireless achieved.
Awesome - good to know! Which BT wireless amp do you use? But if you still have to plug in the vmoda boom mic, it would still have wires?
Jan 10, 2018
251 posts
744 upvotes
I'm currently using the HyperX Cloud Flights (non-S), and while I love the sound, the mic quality seems a bit weak and my ears burn up after an hour of use. The positives definitely outweigh the negatives, and they definitely have a solid build quality. For the price range, I'd go with these or the Steelseries Arctis 7s if wireless console gaming is your goal.
Sep 1, 2009
151 posts
49 upvotes
I bought this from CC mid April (wasn't on sale though dang), it works fantastic. Great battery life, audio quality is very good for a wireless headset. No issues with microphone, I would say this is a really good deal for a headset. I looked at other competitors and was happy I settled with this one
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1663 posts
672 upvotes
Watching this thread with interest. I don't game, but now that everyone's working from home, I'm on Skype calls all day long and I want a decent headset with good mic quality. So far I've been using my Sony wireless earbuds, but they're not ideal because (a) the earbuds plug up my ears and isolate the sound, which is by design, but now I feel like I have a bad cold whenever I talk and can't hear myself, and (b) my coworkers tell me that the earbuds seem to leak sound as whenever I'm not muted, they hear echo of themselves coming from me.

I bought a cheap wired headset but it's uncomfortable and I prefer something wireless.
Aug 29, 2018
303 posts
387 upvotes
Microphone quality is vital in gaming, because you need to sound crystal clear for moms' jokes.
Jul 28, 2017
86 posts
60 upvotes
Edmonton
174 for wireless seems a bit much. I feel if you have to say “take it easy on the downvotes”, then it likely isn’t a very good deal.
Sep 26, 2018
992 posts
2342 upvotes
This and the HS70 pro are one of the only decent products in the gaming+wireless category under 200$
However I cannot recommend it at this price knowing they both been 100-120 range multiple time in the past.
I have spoken