Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

Intel® Arc™ A750 Limited Edition 8GB GDDR6 2050 MHz 225W 3x DP 2.0, 1x HDMI 2.1 Graphics Card $329.99

Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14352 posts
15708 upvotes
Oil Country
divx wrote: My mistake, please sign up for the beta test and report back.

I looked into it at launch due to all the hype, but there was just issue after issue, and the worse part is no value proposition. If there is value then perhaps issues can be put up with.
You're talking about at launch though. A lot of things suck at launch. I bought a Unifi Dream Router while it was still in beta, and it had bugs galore. A year later and now that it's in production, it's super stable and works reliably. The same goes for my OnePlus 9 phone. People were ragging on the OnePlus 9 series of phones when it was first released, and after Android 13 was released all of the major issues were gone. Doesn't even run hot like people were saying.

The latest Intel Arc driver is supposed to address a lot of the major issues with the GPU. Gamers Nexus even reviewed the latest drivers and the GPU seems to run much more stable.

If you're going to be an early adopter, then don't expect perfection. Expect to deal with issues that will gradually be fixed over a series of updates. That's just common sense IMO.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
3726 posts
2534 upvotes
snailium wrote: But 1650 doesn't have so much VRAM and doesn't have ray tracing.
It's in between a 3060 and a 3060Ti, his "benchmark" site is wrong, way wrong.
Sep 29, 2022
598 posts
681 upvotes
fudge_u wrote: To be honest, the Intel Arc GPUs are great options for kids. Most are only looking to game and don't care about the latest and greatest. It should be fine for Warzone, Valorent, and Fortnite.
Until recently, Intel Arc GPUs actually could not play older titles with decent frames.
Previously they were emulating older DirectX calls and the performance was absolute trash.

A recent update fixed that, but there's still work to be done.

There's also other strange stuff like the GPU not awaking monitors, compatibility issues with wires, etc.

As a kid with all the time in the world, I definitely wouldn't have minded having a GPU like this.
Fixing the bugs was part of the fun.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2908 posts
2330 upvotes
Is there any way I can get this to run on Windows 7?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
2201 posts
1490 upvotes
RearmedLif wrote: I don't know if this should be posted on RFD without a disclaimer.

You're essentially a beta tester for Intel if you buy this.

Alot of stuff don't work and updates are pushed regularly (which the auto-updater may or may not catch)

expect extreme jank
You should encourage normies to buy this card ( and it's getting better daily as we speak ) that way, there's funding to support a 3rd competitor in the GPU market, to stop the PRICE FIXING of AMD and NVIDIA, so that us HighEnd gamers can buy cheaper cards in the highend.

You're not thinking long term even for your own selffish good, don't worry, you're not alone, you and the rest of humanity.
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14352 posts
15708 upvotes
Oil Country
RearmedLif wrote: As a kid with all the time in the world, I definitely wouldn't have minded having a GPU like this.
Fixing the bugs was part of the fun.
I loved do that stuff when I was a kid. Messing with driver files and the registry to tweak things. I was learning while having fun. I miss those days.
Feb 28, 2006
687 posts
651 upvotes
More competition is always better, we should welcome Intel to this market. Although Intel missed the gravy train, they would have done well if they released this a year ago. They're too late.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
3726 posts
2534 upvotes
quantized light wrote: More competition is always better, we should welcome Intel to this market. Although Intel missed the gravy train, they would have done well if they released this a year ago. They're too late.
They aren't too late, find a better product for a better price. The 4060/7600XT etc from Nvidia and AMD will very likely be far more expensive and hopefully better performing than this card, but current leaks from well known leakers say the 4060Ti will be equal to a 3070 though so that may be a bit of a stretch.
May 29, 2018
647 posts
691 upvotes
Alberta
Only thing I'm wondering if hardware wise the intel arc a750 is or isn't better then the 3060ti, the fact that the a750 beats the 3060ti in Red Dead Redemption 2 seems to give me the impression that with the right software updates comes the possibility of it being better? Because I'd assume even RDR2 is much more optimized for rtx 3060 ti then the arc a750
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
3726 posts
2534 upvotes
Subsided wrote: Only thing I'm wondering if hardware wise the intel arc a750 is or isn't better then the 3060ti, the fact that the a750 beats the 3060ti in Red Dead Redemption 2 seems to give me the impression that with the right software updates comes the possibility of it being better? Because I'd assume even RDR2 is much more optimized for rtx 3060 ti then the arc a750
It's game specific, things could change over time. Some things it does some things it's more like a 3060 but it's very capable either way especially for a little more than half the price of a 3060Ti.
Mar 7, 2022
147 posts
157 upvotes
StergMTL wrote: A770 could be a good value with its 16gb ram for machine learning activities
My experience with machine learning in tensorflow/pytorch/opencv is nightmare for intel GPU A770. Do not buy intel (yet) if you planning to use it for machine learning.
Mar 7, 2022
147 posts
157 upvotes
Quickman wrote: Is there any way I can get this to run on Windows 7?
No, not to mention intel GPU ONLY works well if you are running with intel 10 gen or later CPU with resizable bar enabled. (even AMD CPU is problematic to deal with).
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
3726 posts
2534 upvotes
Rosskoay wrote: (even AMD CPU is problematic to deal with).
This is 100% untrue, it works fine with AMD CPU's.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2908 posts
2330 upvotes
Rosskoay wrote: No, not to mention intel GPU ONLY works well if you are running with intel 10 gen or later CPU with resizable bar enabled. (even AMD CPU is problematic to deal with).
Well shit! That's great intel considering I moved to the AMD platform. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
3726 posts
2534 upvotes
Quickman wrote: Well shit! That's great intel considering I moved to the AMD platform. Thanks!
It's also not true, you're fine on AMD with an Arc card, I have built 4 systems and sold 3 of them (with no issues for months) and have been testing the 4th.
Mar 7, 2022
147 posts
157 upvotes
iamsiege wrote: This is 100% untrue, it works fine with AMD CPU's.
What AMD CPU are you using in conjunction with the A770 or A750? A few weeks ago, I received these two A770 from one of the project that I am working on, so I built two machines equipped with the A770, powered by Ryzen 5600 and housed in MSI B550-A PRO and ASROCK B 550M-HDV motherboards, both powered by Seasonic FOCUS GX-750 PSUs for machine learning purposes. During the initial setup I encountered numerous issues. After consulting with the PM who provided me with the A770s, he suggested that I switch to the Intel 12 gen platform, which I did, and the machine has been running okay since. However, I still encountered glitches while using the A770 with drivers for machine learning purposes, so I ultimately opted to use a 3090 for the current project I am working on for now.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
3726 posts
2534 upvotes
Rosskoay wrote: What AMD CPU are you using in conjunction with the A770 or A750? A few weeks ago, I received these two A770 from one of the project that I am working on, so I built two machines equipped with the A770, powered by Ryzen 5600 and housed in MSI B550-A PRO and ASROCK B 550M-HDV motherboards, both powered by Seasonic FOCUS GX-750 PSUs for machine learning purposes. During the initial setup I encountered numerous issues. After consulting with the PM who provided me with the A770s, he suggested that I switch to the Intel 12 gen platform, which I did, and the machine has been running okay since. However, I still encountered glitches while using the A770 with drivers for machine learning purposes, so I ultimately opted to use a 3090 for the current project I am working on for now.
Ryzen 5500 and 5600 and both used Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING WIFI II motherboard, but I also used a Asus PRIME B550M-A WIFI II on 2 other systems.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)