Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

Lenovo N22 (Refurb) Chromebook 11.6" HD (1366x768), Intel N3050 (1.6GHz) 4GB DDR3, 16GB SSD for $129 on Nov 16th & 17th

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2019 6:52 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1633 posts
9436 upvotes
MILTON

[Canada Computers] Lenovo N22 (Refurb) Chromebook 11.6" HD (1366x768), Intel N3050 (1.6GHz) 4GB DDR3, 16GB SSD for $129 on Nov 16th & 17th

Sale starts tomorrow, this is part of door crasher sale.

more stuff available.
https://www.canadacomputers.com/promoti ... flash-sale
Last edited by immad01 on Nov 15th, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
18 replies
May 13, 2017
64 posts
89 upvotes
Chateauguay
I bought this laptop 2 years ago at Staples for 180$. It is a very very slow Chromebook. It is usable for basic single task usage, multitasking on this will drive you crazy.

It is an ok laptop for kids though.

Edit: I have the 2GB version not the 4GB, which makes this deal even better.
Last edited by Maidom on Nov 15th, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2387 posts
17484 upvotes
Upvote for having a fully transparent title with relevant specs instead of a clickbait title with shitty specs when you click through. Thanks for sharing, OP!
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2011
1064 posts
1179 upvotes
Calgary
Leverage wrote: Upvote for having a fully transparent title with relevant specs instead of a clickbait title with shitty specs when you click through. Thanks for sharing, OP!
Agree with this. Thanks for the title. Upvoted.
However probably not that hot of a deal by specs/screen etc.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
OP shares without judgement. I carry hate in my heart for these machines, but you have to respect OP.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2009
1457 posts
888 upvotes
Vancouver
Maidom wrote: I bought this laptop 2 years ago at Staples for 180$. It is a very very slow Chromebook. It is usable for basic single task usage, multitasking on this will drive you crazy.
Maybe you have the 2gb RAM model though. The updated one here is 4gb.. actually pretty solid, for what it is.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
22988 posts
6878 upvotes
Scarberia
hot if 14in! they need to make cheap 17in cbs!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2013
1633 posts
9436 upvotes
MILTON
redflagdealsguy wrote: OP shares without judgement. I carry hate in my heart for these machines, but you have to respect OP.
You are absolutely correct, something I came across and thought few people maybe able to use them.

Chrome books are not known to be powerful laptops, they are used for most basic functions.

One should not compare them with gaming or other more powerful laptops
May 13, 2017
64 posts
89 upvotes
Chateauguay
You are right, I have the 2gb version! Ill edit my comment, thanks!
Aug 14, 2019
418 posts
527 upvotes
It was released 3 years ago, that seems like a long time ago for chromebooks.
Jun 28, 2012
10 posts
I got one of these a while back and even with low use, the battery doesn't seem to hold its charge more than a couple days
Mar 5, 2011
223 posts
217 upvotes
I bought one of these on sale for $220 from NCIX in late 2014. I'm still using it today.

For what it is, I think it's an excellent device for web-browsing. I'm someone who still likes the feel of a laptop as opposed to a touch interface, and this device handles most (if not all) web browsing tasks without issue. I use it more than my photo editing workstation simply because it's way more convenient to start this up to do web tasks instead of walking down the stairs and waiting for my workstation to wake from sleep. It's also pretty durable (I've dropped it on multiple occasions), and it's cheap enough that I wouldn't cry if I had to replace it. As for the battery life- it was about 10-11 hours when I bought it, and after regular use over 5 years it still holds about 5-6 hours of battery life.

As I tell everyone who has hesitations about moving to a ChromeOS device- understand that it's a web device. If you need to do anything outside of Chrome, then look elsewhere and don't bother with workarounds to try and get "Program X" to work. That's where people complain that it's not powerful enough to handle "this non-web task". I currently use a work-issued Pixelbook for work and honestly for 95% of web tasks the Lenovo is just as fast as the PB. I can't recommend chromebooks enough if all you do is surf the web.
May 30, 2017
752 posts
325 upvotes
Brampton, Mount Plea…
If you're willing to put in the work, you can turn it into a Ubuntu machine: http://www.schroer.ca/2017/01/31/chrome ... index.html

It's a Chromebook so you have to physically open the thing up and flash a new BIOS. Probably not worth it. I say find a netbook running Windows and slap Ubuntu or Linux Mint on it if you want a fast web browsing machine
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1961 posts
1139 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Leaning towards this for my daughter as an Xmas gift. They use an education program called prodigy and thats all she wants to use it for. For the price im not sure there is anything else that can beat it.

As a refurb unit will this have blemishes on it? Or are they mostly refurbed internally? Probably not original packaging either.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
22988 posts
6878 upvotes
Scarberia
does this cb allow playstore and sideloading apks? tia if someone confirms this or not

accoring to this site, itlooks like the n22 supports GPS and apks?

https://www.androidauthority.com/chrome ... ps-874984/

if yes, im waiting for it to be 99$ on BF ymmv
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16698 posts
12474 upvotes
Markham
quicksilver7 wrote: Leaning towards this for my daughter as an Xmas gift. They use an education program called prodigy and thats all she wants to use it for. For the price im not sure there is anything else that can beat it.

As a refurb unit will this have blemishes on it? Or are they mostly refurbed internally? Probably not original packaging either.
Why not give her iPad
Apr 29, 2001
273 posts
190 upvotes
Montreal
Got this from Lenovo 2-3 years ago, they had it for something like $169 on BF instead of $299 I think. As a low-end Chromebook it is really good for its price and still being used daily! Well built for young kids.

And works perfectly well when connecting through HDMI to a bigger monitor.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1961 posts
1139 upvotes
Nova Scotia
smartie wrote: Why not give her iPad
I have thought of that but this is much cheaper and I think at her age (8) I want her to use something that is also used at her school. Hoping it will be 80% educational and 20% entertainment.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)