Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

Lian Li CS O11D MINI -W Mid Tower, White $139.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2022 9:23 am
Nov 25, 2016
586 posts
423 upvotes
Burnaby
The lighting makes it look like a nice restaurant for a lilliputian.
Dec 19, 2018
348 posts
459 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: Well the HDD cage still has no access to air in any of the O11s. I plan to put actual mechanical drives in there, not just SSDs. I'm actually leaning towards the Meshify 2 series, totally different build style but I really like the cases.

My friend has the Uni fans, apparently the "white" has yellowed on him and he's really pissed off.
As you can see in THIS pic, there is space between the hard drives and the hard drive cover on the back of the case. You can take one, two or even three of THESE 40mm x 10mm Noctua fans and mount them on the back of the hard drive cage cover like THIS and THIS.

You can position them on the lower half to allow warm air to escape from the top half or the air will be pushed back into the case and out through the regular exhaust route. 60mm fans will also fit and provide better airflow at lower rpm but they won't be Noctua for whatever that's worth (they do come with a bag full of accessories). Those can be seen HERE.
Anyway, there's a way to inaudibly be pushing cool air from your room over your hard drives. People report 30 degrees at idle and no more than 40 degrees celcius under full load. Just run them to your fan hub and put them on their own channel at whatever rpm you find works best for your noise and cooling needs.
Sep 3, 2010
292 posts
305 upvotes
waiting to see a build with Asus strix 4090 or any non-nvidia FE 4090 :D
May 18, 2017
544 posts
474 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
DanielB40260 wrote: This is one of the best cases you could ever build in. I love mine and got it for $119 last black friday. Super beautiful and high quality case but it comes with no fans so you also need to buy 6 to 9 fans depending on how you set your case up and whether you use an AIO and/or just want excellent airflow.
Screenshot (19).png
Good to know it doesn't come with fans. I was about to pull the trigger
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2012
5122 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto
Don’t know anything about this case but I’ve built with Liam Li before and I highly recommend the company. Cases are well built with good materials and great designs both aesthetically and functionally. Company is great too - I had a case that came with a damaged cable for the top I/O. I contacted them by email and no questions asked they sent a replacement with express shipping. And, they could have just sent the cable but instead sent the entire I/o panel!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
DanielB40260 wrote: As you can see in THIS pic, there is space between the hard drives and the hard drive cover on the back of the case. You can take one, two or even three of THESE 40mm x 10mm Noctua fans and mount them on the back of the hard drive cage cover like THIS and THIS.

You can position them on the lower half to allow warm air to escape from the top half or the air will be pushed back into the case and out through the regular exhaust route. 60mm fans will also fit and provide better airflow at lower rpm but they won't be Noctua for whatever that's worth (they do come with a bag full of accessories). Those can be seen HERE.
Anyway, there's a way to inaudibly be pushing cool air from your room over your hard drives. People report 30 degrees at idle and no more than 40 degrees celcius under full load. Just run them to your fan hub and put them on their own channel at whatever rpm you find works best for your noise and cooling needs.
Excuse me if I think that jury rigging some fans to the back of a $200 case (one that doesn't include fans at all) is a bit too far. At that price, I expect that absolute premium experience and well, this is far from a premium experience. Especially when other cheaper cases don't have these issues to deal with.
Dec 19, 2018
348 posts
459 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: Excuse me if I think that jury rigging some fans to the back of a $200 case (one that doesn't include fans at all) is a bit too far. At that price, I expect that absolute premium experience and well, this is far from a premium experience. Especially when other cheaper cases don't have these issues to deal with.
You're right, connecting a fan to a case isn't for everybody. Although, this case is $120-$140 throughout the year when sales hit so it's far from a premium price. I find that almost every case has compromises but to me, other cases are not as esthetically pleasing so it would be worth spending the 10 minutes to hook up a fan to cool a hard drive cage. Each to their own.
Nov 21, 2018
98 posts
216 upvotes
GTA

Don't get me wrong, that thing could have amazing thermals etc but the aesthetics are totally ruined by having branding slapped all over it. And in the best case scenario, let's say you have all ASUS TUF branded stuff... congratulations, now your computer looks like a pre-built.

The last saving grace would be if this case was priced very low to be super competitive, but I just checked and it is not.
Jul 18, 2005
410 posts
141 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: Why not the regular non-XL, it's cheaper and big enough for most systems. The mini is probably on the small side and the sfx psu requirement means it's really not that great a deal over the normal size, but the XL is overkill imo.
The regular actually has less space than the mini in the main compartment, the PSU compartment can only accommodate SFX PSU's though.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
Constellation wrote: The regular actually has less space than the mini in the main compartment, the PSU compartment can only accommodate SFX PSU's though.
Depends on where you consider the space. The mini stupid cramped at the top if you wanna throw an ATX board in there. Of course the Evo now exists so that point is moot.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)