• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2019 7:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9729 posts
5625 upvotes

[Canada Computers] Linksys WRT32X Wireless Router - $199.99

Debateable whether this is a decent router or not. But if you want one...it's on sale.

Mind you, it is not an AC3200 rated router.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2233 posts
728 upvotes
This is probably discontinued because both Linksys and Marvell's wifi chip business were acquired. Don't expect any firmware updates. The good news is that the CPU is unusually powerful for this price point, so if you want an OpenWRT box, you found your solution. It has a pretty active OpenWRT community because of that processing power advantage. You'd get this if you wanted cake QOS and "okay" wifi.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1224 posts
250 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
Loomy wrote: This is probably discontinued because both Linksys and Marvell's wifi chip business were acquired. Don't expect any firmware updates. The good news is that the CPU is unusually powerful for this price point, so if you want an OpenWRT box, you found your solution. It has a pretty active OpenWRT community because of that processing power advantage. You'd get this if you wanted cake QOS and "okay" wifi.
This... I'm just going to add that being a Linksys, it has the dual-partition scheme that avoids being bricked due to flashing a bad image

I'm on the hunt for one but $200 (+tax) is still higher than I'm willing to spend plus I don't intend to use the onboard WiFi