[Canada Computers] Logitech Craft Keyboard - $199

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2019 12:53 pm
[OP]
Dec 11, 2009
927 posts
98 upvotes

[Canada Computers] Logitech Craft Keyboard - $199

The Logitech Craft Keyboard is on sale at Canada Computers.
This KB is not for every one, but for those who are looking into it this is a pretty good price.
14 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
2370 posts
1640 upvotes
Toronto
same price at staples + 30 off 200 coupon = $170 and then ebates (3%?)
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
1066 posts
669 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo
Seems so overpriced to me ...
Gaming: i5 4570, GTX 1070 8gb, 16GB RAM
Media: i5 6400, GTX 1070 8gb, 16GB RAM
Everyday: i5 6400, GTX 1060 6gb, 8GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb, Freedom - Freedom 250mb
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2589 posts
661 upvotes
Lethbridge
Have a bud that works in a pretentious office that bought these for everyone without really consulting them. Almost the entire dev team went back to keyboards with macro/shortcuts options & mechanical switches for half the price. Most hated the pre-formed keys.

If you actually have a use for the puck like the Surface, this could be for you though…
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
1930 posts
984 upvotes
Toronto
dracolnyte wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 9:35 am
same price at staples + 30 off 200 coupon = $170 and then ebates (3%?)
Haven’t seen the 30/200, isn’t it 30/250?

EDIT - nvm just saw thread but it’s considered expired.

There is 20/200 and 10% off still.
Last edited by vtse on Apr 24th, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
3092 posts
423 upvotes
This is perfect for those beer snobs in the No Name Beer thread that drinks nothing but craft beer.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
11925 posts
2792 upvotes
Ottawa
I like this keyboard. I needed a keyboard with fast switching for multiple devices and this one is superb for that. I used for a Mac and pc at the same time

My wife thanks me because I was using a Unicomp ultra mechanical and a coolermaster mx blue before this
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2093 posts
331 upvotes
Pauly Boy wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 10:53 am
If you actually have a use for the puck like the Surface, this could be for you though…
If you want a dial like the surface, there are better options out there. The actual surface dial costs less.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1311 posts
284 upvotes
Ottawa, On
$200 for a keyboard?!? At the price it better type for me!
Jul 4, 2017
71 posts
66 upvotes
da_guy2 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 10:17 pm
$200 for a keyboard?!? At the price it better type for me!
Is $200 really so crazy?

Apple ipad keyboard - $219 - no illumination, terrible typing
Apple bluetooth keyboard - $179 - no illumination, no jog wheel
Microsoft Surface keyboard + surface dial - $260 together - no illumination, no device switching
Corsair K70 SE - $239

Someone who is happy with their $20 wired keyboard, might equally be aghast at the corsair K70, but a serious gamer would find it a worthy investment.

Many reviewers calling the Craft a bad keyboard, or overpriced, are people not its intended audience. It's like a taxi driver using a pickup truck, and complaining it's bad for city fares.

The Craft is intended for people who use adobe creative apps, and almost no one else.

I own this keyboard. I use adobe premiere pro and photoshop extensively, and love it because:
- illuminated keys perfect for dim environments necessary for photo and video editing
- one of the quietest keystrokes ever, perfect for open offices with other quiet people
- easy switching between up to 3 devices (I go from PC to MAC often)
- super smooth scrubbing in premiere timeline independent of other tools.
- brush changes and other tool enhancements in photoshop

The Craft is a $120 keyboard without the jog dial. But that jog dial can add tremendous value for the right person. For me, scrubbing through the premiere timeline with the wheel, while using my mouse to adjust mask keyframes, has shaved HOURS off my work, especially after the recent update that completely bugged the auto track forward feature of premiere.

I have not tried the surface dial yet and after my amazing experience with the Craft, I'm curious to give it a try for comparison.
Jul 31, 2016
257 posts
316 upvotes
Whitby
michaelthebear wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 1:26 am

Many reviewers calling the Craft a bad keyboard, or overpriced, are people not its intended audience. .......
I was shocked at the price of this but thank you for putting your field of work and describing how it's useful to you. You're right, there's a specific intended audience for this and if you can see the value then go ahead, and if you can't, then look at something else.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1218 posts
302 upvotes
michaelthebear wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 1:26 am
Is $200 really so crazy?

Apple ipad keyboard - $219 - no illumination, terrible typing
Apple bluetooth keyboard - $179 - no illumination, no jog wheel
Microsoft Surface keyboard + surface dial - $260 together - no illumination, no device switching
Corsair K70 SE - $239

Someone who is happy with their $20 wired keyboard, might equally be aghast at the corsair K70, but a serious gamer would find it a worthy investment.

Many reviewers calling the Craft a bad keyboard, or overpriced, are people not its intended audience. It's like a taxi driver using a pickup truck, and complaining it's bad for city fares.

The Craft is intended for people who use adobe creative apps, and almost no one else.

I own this keyboard. I use adobe premiere pro and photoshop extensively, and love it because:
- illuminated keys perfect for dim environments necessary for photo and video editing
- one of the quietest keystrokes ever, perfect for open offices with other quiet people
- easy switching between up to 3 devices (I go from PC to MAC often)
- super smooth scrubbing in premiere timeline independent of other tools.
- brush changes and other tool enhancements in photoshop

The Craft is a $120 keyboard without the jog dial. But that jog dial can add tremendous value for the right person. For me, scrubbing through the premiere timeline with the wheel, while using my mouse to adjust mask keyframes, has shaved HOURS off my work, especially after the recent update that completely bugged the auto track forward feature of premiere.

I have not tried the surface dial yet and after my amazing experience with the Craft, I'm curious to give it a try for comparison.
Does the switching between Mac and PC require both machines to be connected on the same network?
Jul 4, 2017
71 posts
66 upvotes
freakyflow wrote:
Apr 25th, 2019 7:01 am
Does the switching between Mac and PC require both machines to be connected on the same network?
No, it's all via bluetooth.
There are 3 buttons, numbered 1-3. You assign them to a bluetooth connection.
For example, number 1 for PC, and number 2 for MAC.
If you have ever used a logitech mouse, it works the exact same way.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
1799 posts
105 upvotes
Ottawa
I have one, it's a good keyboard but it has some flaws.

Also no one mentioned Flow (huge reason I got it), basically you can set it to switch which computer it's connected to by moving to the edge of the screen (it will switch both your keyboard and mouse). It really cool and useful when it works but the software is shit and rarely worked "good" for me.

Another issue I have is the battery life. I used to have the newest Apple bluetooth keyboard and it would go well over a month of heavy typing before I had to charge it, this one I have to charge at least once a week, sometimes twice. Yes I might be able to get more out of it if I disable the backlight but that was a selling point for me. They could have included a bigger battery for the price
Oct 14, 2014
500 posts
409 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Yikes. If someone is primarily interested in a wireless keyboard with numberpad and switching capability but none of the other features of the Logitech, I propose the Dell WK717. I paid $59.99 for it, but now it only seems to be part of a combo with a wireless mouse (combo code KM717).

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/accesso ... d/580-afll