[Canada Computers] Logitech M325 Wireless Mouse- $7.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2019 8:57 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2361 posts
1623 upvotes
Kitchener
False advertising on their website... Says M325 but it's a M325c...

Only has 1 year warranty vs 3 year...

I got scammed...
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 28GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2361 posts
1623 upvotes
Kitchener
AptypAL wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 7:26 pm
Yes but are you really using the Logitech Unifying software ? ... https://wpguru.co.uk/2017/04/whats-the- ... the-m325c/
I'm concerned about the warranty with this one, not the software. 1 year isn't much and Logitech is tightening up their RMA's. I was expecting 3 years of warranty. Sent in a store complaint...
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
1277 posts
385 upvotes
So can anyone who bought this confirm that this is for the one WITHOUT the unifying receiver? Was just going to pick up a couple just for the receivers.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3354 posts
1838 upvotes
Toronto
tkddad wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 8:06 pm
So can anyone who bought this confirm that this is for the one WITHOUT the unifying receiver? Was just going to pick up a couple just for the receivers.
I cannot confirm 100% on what is being sold right now....but when I purchased these from walmart for $10 a while back, like you I mainly wanted the unifying USB receivers. Unfortunately, they were not unifying. From my understanding, if the mouse has some type of design or special "art" on it...these editions do not come with unifying receivers.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2361 posts
1623 upvotes
Kitchener
tkddad wrote:
No unifying receiver...

Or 3 year warranty Crying Face
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
25192 posts
5446 upvotes
Picked one up while I was picking up a 570... Have one of these already it's a great little mouse for laptop use but note it is quite small. I don't even have big hands and I'd say this. Because of the angle, it also seems to cause me shoulder pain if I use it in a non-stop environment (like at work) so at work I replaced with a larger M510 which is much more comfortable in that application. Kept the small M325C in my laptop bag. I can't really recommend it for long-term/continuous use but otherwise it's pretty good. Even as a laptop mouse I think the MS Mobile 4000 is better than this (and a bit larger) but for some reason MS mice have gone way up in price in the past few years so one of those is like $30 these days I think.

I didn't even realise the M325c didn't have a unifying receiver--I thought the "c" just meant it was available in all the zany colours and designs, LOL! Not really a huge deal though.

As for the lack of back/fwd buttons yes but as someone else mentioned you just use the scroll wheel left/right (I think this is actually the default action for it).

However it gets really dumb going from mouse to mouse TBH--every damn mouse has a different setup! The M510 has big back/fwd buttons on the side and the scroll left/right is for, well,l scrolling. I have mostly MS mice at home and there the setup is the same. Then in my living room I use a MS Sculpt Comfort which has a touch sensor slide on the side so you slide your thumb up/down to go back or fwd. I also have a MS Presenter mouse which has back on one side and fwd on the other side! I really wish they would have standardised this kind of thing because if you go from one to the other? It gets confusing real quick. I think the best setup is just the two buttons on the left side/edge of the mouse as it makes the most sense.

In any event this is a wireless $8 mouse folks--probably the absolute best one you're going to get at this price. The tracking is quite excellent on various surfaces even though it is not a Darkfield. I think this is actually better than the Bluetrack on my MS Sculpt (though other MS mice w/Bluetrack seem to be better than the Sculpt). I dunno why you guys are bellyaching about the warranty. Just buy three of them then!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
7212 posts
3135 upvotes
Toronto
tkddad wrote:
Just nano receiver, not unifying.
Aug 30, 2017
99 posts
128 upvotes
wow real shame no unifying receiver included. Would have been an insta buy otherwise. Tks for all the input everyone!
Feb 1, 2018
146 posts
69 upvotes
NowJoJo wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 7:53 pm
I'm concerned about the warranty with this one, not the software. 1 year isn't much and Logitech is tightening up their RMA's. I was expecting 3 years of warranty. Sent in a store complaint...
Just pay with your credit card to extend the warranty, so it will become 2 years. Of course, having 3 years is better, but I believe it is a typo in their website.

Product is M325c (NOT M325). I got 3 without checking Staples next to my place and went 15KM to get it, but for 7.99 + tx each, I think it is a OK deal.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2361 posts
1623 upvotes
Kitchener
MockingJayTM wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 3:05 pm
Just pay with your credit card to extend the warranty, so it will become 2 years. Of course, having 3 years is better, but I believe it is a typo in their website.

Product is M325c (NOT M325). I got 3 without checking Staples next to my place and went 15KM to get it, but for 7.99 + tx each, I think it is a OK deal.
How does paying with Credit Card extend warranty? Canada Computer policy?
Feb 1, 2018
146 posts
69 upvotes
NowJoJo wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 5:46 pm
How does paying with Credit Card extend warranty? Canada Computer policy?
Geez... It has been there the whole time... That's the hidden feature of using a credit card (contact your credit card for eligibility)! I even got a new laptop right near the end of my 3 years (warranty 2 years + credit card 1 year). The laptop components failure, the Bank gave me back the money, so I bought a new one. Credit card double the warranty, but up to 3 years for some. That's the reason why you should never pay to extend your warranty.

https://www.greedyrates.ca/blog/extended-warranties/
Oct 20, 2013
904 posts
265 upvotes
Chambly, QC
The Canadian Icons mouse is cute.
I will grab two for the kids...
Aug 30, 2017
99 posts
128 upvotes
For those looking for a cheap unifying receiver:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Keybo ... SwkCZcZqQO

Less coupon PERFECT3 available now until March 28 2019 works out to ~USD 3.35 or ~ CAD $5 or so

Seemed odd to me that a Chinese seller would sell these brand name items at such a discount, but quite a few positive feedback reviews on this item specifically.

For $5 worth a shot.