• Aug 9th, 2015 4:09 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
1812 posts
141 upvotes
North York

[Canada Computers] Lowepro Photo Hatchback 16L AW Backpack (Galaxy Blue) $59.99

Lowepro Photo Hatchback 16L AW Backpack (Galaxy Blue)

[IMG]http://img.canadacomputers.com/Products ... /34989.jpg[/IMG]

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS

Holds GoPro Hero 3,DSLR/18-55mm,2 Lenses
Dedicated iPad/Tablet Compartment
Removable Camera Box with Flap Closure
Converts to Daypack When Box is Removed
Side Access to Gear
Top Loading Compartment
Room for Water Bottle, Personals
Adjustable Backpack Straps
210D Nylon Ripstop Polyurethane
YKK Zippers / All-Weather Cover
9 replies
Aug 10, 2010
412 posts
256 upvotes
Is this good? $60 for a dslr back pack seems to be still pricey?
Sep 12, 2008
125 posts
351 upvotes
BC
It's a good bag. Been using it for a few years. Got it for $70. Lowepro have a bigger version (22L) but I like this one more coz I could take it on a plane as carry on.

I use it with my entry level dSLR and two lenses (with one attached to camera). Still got room in the camera compartment for accessories (lens pen, extra battery and the charger, etc).
Jun 1, 2009
886 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if it can hold a 24-70 mm (attached to body) and a 70-200 mm?
May 7, 2007
26 posts
10 upvotes
Kitchener
ThIs pack is too small for those lenses with the body attached. At least the 16L is too small as its really meant for a small travel / vacation pack. I have me rebel T5i with a 15-85mm lens and it just fits when attached to the body. There is space to carry your 24-70mm lens as well or a speedlite and then it's going to be full for the camera compartment. There is a small pouch at top where you can fit other accessories like batteries, memory cards, a poncho or change of clothes as well. A padded pouch at front to carry an iPad or other small tablet.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3919 posts
903 upvotes
Markham
Great bag, but the 16L is probably better suited for mirrorless cameras or smaller SLR with smaller zooms/primes.

Price match at Best Buy for even more savings?
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Jun 1, 2009
886 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
So I checked around at a few Best Buys and surprise surprise, the blue version is (almost) sold out everywhere. RFD effect for sure. Anyways, if anyone was wondering, it can fit a Canon 6D with a 24-70 mm f/2.8 mounted on it ... and that's about it. There's enough room for maybe a spare battery or something but other than that, this is a pretty small compartment for regular sized DSLR's. That's probably it's only drawback. There's a lot of great things about the bag: very comfortable, good quality, definitely doesn't look like a camera bag, stylish camping / hiking bag. Now I'm just debating to keep it or return it and ebay a padded insert and put it into a backpack.
Sep 17, 2012
221 posts
158 upvotes
Mississauga
They make good DSLR bags. I have the Lowepro sling 250. It's light, not too big but spacious inside. I would recommend the sling because you don't have to take it off to take out your camera, just turn it, it's in front of you and there's a side zipper for taking out the camera.
Sep 12, 2008
125 posts
351 upvotes
BC
It depends on how big your camera and lens are. I could fit a T4i with Sigma 18-250mm attached. Although no room left from top to bottom, it's not a tight or snug fit; it just have enough room (or maybe extra room in a few mm if I removed the filter attached to the lens :) ) My other lens is a small prime lens. I could also swap the two (i.e. attach the prime, put the zoom lens on the side, and it still fits). There are enough padding between the upper and lower compartments. However, when I have the zoom lens attached, I try not to put too much stuff or stuff with a decent weight in the top compartment, just in case it presses too much onto the lens in the bottom. Better safe than sorry!

The other feature I like with Lowepro bags is the all weather cover. Sometimes I put it on even when it's a sunny day. It goes from the bottom to the top, straps through the back straps and covers all zippers (except the camera compartment of course, since that is facing the wearer's back). I'm hoping when I'm at an unfamiliar place, it would act as another tiny piece of thing thieves have to go through before getting to the bag contents, and hopefully that would turn them away. Yes, I guess they could always slice the bag with a utility knife, but so far so good... (touchwood)