Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Computers] MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super Ventus OC 8GB GDDR6 1785 MHz Boost Clock - $609

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 9:51 pm
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jun 26, 2019
264 posts
677 upvotes

[Canada Computers] MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super Ventus OC 8GB GDDR6 1785 MHz Boost Clock - $609

Pretty decent deal if you're looking to build a mid-range gaming computer. Could always return if there is a better deal on Boxing Day.

  • Brand MSI
  • Model Name GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPERTM VENTUS OC
  • Graphics Processing Unit NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPERTM
  • Interface PCI Express x16 3.0
  • Cores 2560 Units
  • Core Clock Boost 1785 MHz
  • Memory Speed 14 Gpbs
  • Memory 8GB GDDR6
  • Memory Bus 256-bit
  • Output DisplayPort x 3 / HDMI 2.0b x 1
  • HDCP Support 2.2
  • Power consumption 215 W
  • Power connectors 6-pin x1/ 8-pin x1
  • Recommended PSU 650 W
  • Card Dimension(mm) 257x127x41mm
  • Weight (Card / Package) 856g/ 1341g
  • DirectX Version Support 12 API
  • OpenGL Version Support 4.5
  • Multi-GPU Technology NVIDIA® NVLINK™ (SLI-Ready), 2-way
  • Maximum Displays 4
  • VR Ready Y
  • G-SYNC™ technology Y
  • Adaptive Vertical Sync Y
  • Digital Maximum Resolution 7680 x 4320
  • Accessories 6-pin to 8-pin power cable x 1
Image
53 replies
Member
Jul 25, 2017
428 posts
103 upvotes
You guys think there will be good deals on motherboard on boxing day?
Jr. Member
Jan 28, 2015
163 posts
429 upvotes
Montreal
dealzhuntr wrote: Pretty decent deal if you're looking to build a mid-range gaming computer. Could always return if there is a better deal on Boxing Day.
This thing is 5% slower than the RTX 2080 and 4th best consumer GPU on the market with good warranty from MSI. Lol what r u smoking.

The cooler design is low-end, and no USB-C on the back, but it's still a top tier card.

PM Memory Express for another $7 off.
Newbie
Jan 7, 2019
64 posts
18 upvotes
It probably can’t handle 1440p Aaa games in a year or two certainly not 3-5 and for $600 bucks it’s kinda ridiculous that’s what he’s talking about if you want 24” 1080p its fantastic but if you want to jump to 27” 1440p it’s mid range especially for widescreen 1440p - reason I’m not finishing my build
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 22, 2013
1080 posts
761 upvotes
Toronto
leg3nd wrote: You guys think there will be good deals on motherboard on boxing day?
There is an ASRock B450 board that I would have no problem using if I was doing a new build and it costs like $69.99 after MIR.

ASRock
B450M PRO4
Socket AM4
Dual Channel, PCIe 3.0, 2xM.2, USB 3.1,
DVI-D, HDMI, D-Sub, RGB mATX
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 22, 2013
1080 posts
761 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: Everything below a 2080 Super is midrange now?

Vaping and the Mary Jane are rotting kids' brains today. Goodness.
Mid range right now is the 1660 Super OC for sure. Far from the price that this card here the OP listed costs.
Member
Aug 17, 2012
256 posts
242 upvotes
Victoria
AnthonyS428750 wrote: It probably can’t handle 1440p Aaa games in a year or two certainly not 3-5 and for $600 bucks it’s kinda ridiculous that’s what he’s talking about if you want 24” 1080p its fantastic but if you want to jump to 27” 1440p it’s mid range especially for widescreen 1440p - reason I’m not finishing my build
What are you talking about? This is not a mid-tier card. It can handle 1440p and even 4k gaming, unless you're playing online competitive games at 144hz. It will still be able to do so in a few years, you might just have to change the details down from ultra to high. I do 4k gaming on a GTX 1080 with a mix of high/ultra settings getting 50+ FPS and the 2070 Super is faster.
Jr. Member
Dec 12, 2018
109 posts
115 upvotes
What I've been wondering is why this card costs $150 less than the MSI Gaming X RTX2070 super
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 13, 2007
2525 posts
2423 upvotes
Calgary
audioarchetype wrote: What are you talking about? This is not a mid-tier card. It can handle 1440p and even 4k gaming, unless you're playing online competitive games at 144hz. It will still be able to do so in a few years, you might just have to change the details down from ultra to high. I do 4k gaming on a GTX 1080 with a mix of high/ultra settings getting 50+ FPS and the 2070 Super is faster.
Agreed. 4K gaming on my HTPC with a GTX 1060 6 GB, and I can get 50 to 60 FPS at medium quality. I know it’s awesome to slide that setting to ultra quality, and maybe it’s my old eyes, but I have difficulty discerning differences between high and ultra. Medium is easier to spot the differences, but still looks better than most console games IMO. I am due for an upgrade but will probably hold out till next year for the new cards.
Newbie
Dec 29, 2010
82 posts
89 upvotes
I own an RTX2070 super and I confirm it is definitely NOT a mid-range card. I’ve got both a 27” 1080p 144hz 1ms monitor and a 32” 1440p 144hz 1ms monitor - and it’s amazing. It runs most pro games at 1440p@144hz with ultra settings (fortnite and rocket league) and I’ve been able to run most new games (Control, modern warfare, etc) at 1080p@80fps.

The only cards above this one is the 2080, 2080 super and 2080ti. Bang for your buck, this is the best card you can get.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1727 posts
142 upvotes
Ottawa
Seriously hot. This card has cooling issues, I'd stay away.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1727 posts
142 upvotes
Ottawa
bigjzus wrote: I own an RTX2070 super and I confirm it is definitely NOT a mid-range card. I’ve got both a 27” 1080p 144hz 1ms monitor and a 32” 1440p 144hz 1ms monitor - and it’s amazing. It runs most pro games at 1440p@144hz with ultra settings (fortnite and rocket league) and I’ve been able to run most new games (Control, modern warfare, etc) at 1080p@80fps.

The only cards above this one is the 2080, 2080 super and 2080ti. Bang for your buck, this is the best card you can get.
I think 5700xt is best bang for buck
Member
Oct 7, 2015
449 posts
342 upvotes
Vanier, ON
Wallet is safe this year. I am still waiting till I can jump right from DDR3 to DDR5.

Top