MSI GeForce RTX 3060 on sale $470-480

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2022 12:38 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
6532 posts
3114 upvotes
Germany
ahammad wrote: How do you quantify "value"? Value is different based on the person. Some people are happy not paying scalper prices and are okay with AIB MSRP, some want it dirt cheap at a deep discount. For me, value was paying the AIB sticker price without a discount 4 months ago, which I did. I don't regret it one bit, even now that I see the same card at $140 off, because back then I sold my previous card for a premium. That wasn't something I could do now (1660 non super for $400+...no way I can get even $200 for it now).

Is $600 worth it for a 3060 AIB? A good quality one, yes it is absolutely worth it given everything. Five years ago I would have said no, but things have changed, supply shortages with everything, and I wanted a newer more capable card. You can wait if you want for the 3060 to hit $300 or less, but you might be waiting a while. The 1650 is currently sitting at $300 and touched the $200 mark briefly. And that is a shitty basic card from three years ago. I don't see things getting any better for the 30x0 cards.
Value as in relative prices. Right now everything is completely messed up in the pricing stack. There is no reason why RTX 3050 AIBs should be $400.
Aug 18, 2014
41 posts
16 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
daggerhashimoto wrote: picked up a few cuz the new nvidia/amd cards won't mine any better
you "mine"? lol people are still doing that?
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
10322 posts
575 upvotes
Toronto
Proprietor wrote: you "mine"? lol people are still doing that?
Trillions in crypto....lots of miners out there
[removed for signature violation]
Feb 24, 2022
32 posts
21 upvotes
Proprietor wrote: you "mine"? lol people are still doing that?
why not? it's still profitable and with gpu prices dropping it just gets more enticing.
currently trying to snowball to 1GH
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2303 posts
1649 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
daggerhashimoto wrote: why not? it's still profitable and with gpu prices dropping it just gets more enticing.
currently trying to snowball to 1GH
Is it really profitable? How many dollars per day worth of ethereum does a 3060 make?
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11599 posts
2587 upvotes
Montreal
I just grabbed a MSI GeForce RTX 3060 VENTUS 3X that came back in stock @ $480.

So for anyone in Montreal, I can sell my BNIB unopened EVGA at what it cost me ($520 + tx, which is $598 total)

Ill be return it to BestBuy by next week if there are no takers.

Ah uh, though if you are in Montreal, I recommend you simply go pick up the same deal I got, there are still stock downtown and Brossard