Hot Deals

[Canada Computers] MVSX Neo Geo Arcade Cab 599* (99$ OFF)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2021 6:47 pm
[OP]
Jul 20, 2010
51 posts
156 upvotes
Montreal

[Canada Computers] MVSX Neo Geo Arcade Cab 599* (99$ OFF)

Order the MVSX Arcade Cab and get the combo (counter top + base) for 599$

This item includes 50 games (Mostly Fighters, all Metal Slug and a few sports games)

Similar to Arcade 1UP cabs in size (more games)

Modeled after the Big Red MVS cabinet
6 button layout though (old cab was 4 buttons)

Probably better if you want to hack or add games

I know, it’s not cheap nor the greatest deal, but it’s sold out on Amazon US store and retails for 499 US

Perfect to add to a home arcade setup.

Cheers!
16 replies
Oct 17, 2009
375 posts
331 upvotes
Does no one else find it weird they make these neo geo cabs but don't use the neo geo button layout
[OP]
Jul 20, 2010
51 posts
156 upvotes
Montreal
Like I stated, some prefer a 6 button layout to mod.

I also prefer the original layout, but others prefer playing 4 buttons in a box shape... to each their own.

You can map buttons in the settings.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1802 posts
1291 upvotes
“I know, it’s not cheap nor the greatest deal, but it’s sold out on Amazon US store and retails for 499 US”

Posted in the HOT DEALS forum.
[OP]
Jul 20, 2010
51 posts
156 upvotes
Montreal
FooNdaR wrote: “I know, it’s not cheap nor the greatest deal, but it’s sold out on Amazon US store and retails for 499 US”

Posted in the HOT DEALS forum.
I kinda looked for that one.

Let’s face it, you think it’s a bad deal...

No worries, as things with Neo Geo on it tend to only rise in value with time (like my old neo geo X I used to have that’s selling now for 5-10x the price I paid originally. »

I did specify it was sold out in the US... so hot item at a more than good price makes this a hot deal to me.

I think 599$ CAN for a 499$ US machine that might raise in price is a hot deal. I bought one.

But I knew some wouldn’t like it and play policeman of the deals.

That is why I wrote that.

For you.

Thanks. :)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8935 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
I like how they did the riser, more seamless and gives the option of bartop rather than the awkward 1up without riser.

Good photo comparing the two:
Images
  • 92BE361E-C161-44D1-8CB4-A7C99F8EA293.jpeg
Jun 12, 2007
848 posts
481 upvotes
The riser combo looks pretty good! Better than those tiny 1up arcade things.
The 17" screen sounds small to me but looks pretty normal arcade size in Angultra's photo
[OP]
Jul 20, 2010
51 posts
156 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks to everyone for the updates and complementary info! Aside from the usual deal police, I love this community.

11 years and counting. 🥰
[OP]
Jul 20, 2010
51 posts
156 upvotes
Montreal
BTW, after 5 days of playing on it, I must say it’s my favourite cab so far.

Great game selection, design and joystick.

Buttons could be a bit better (4 buttons or a bit better feel).

But recommend wholeheartedly.

9/10 for me.

Cheers!
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1383 posts
1128 upvotes
I love all the threads on arcade cabinets. I tried like crazy to grab that Pac-Man Costco deal. Sadly no.

What I would love to find is a deal on a cabinet with a screen and button assembly or even just the holes drilled and we add our own internals

Kind of a do it yourself fabrication that would only need a screen, with everything else provided by the user
AlexTheGreat wrote: Order the MVSX Arcade Cab and get the combo (counter top + base) for 599$

This item includes 50 games (Mostly Fighters, all Metal Slug and a few sports games)

Similar to Arcade 1UP cabs in size (more games)

Modeled after the Big Red MVS cabinet
6 button layout though (old cab was 4 buttons)

Probably better if you want to hack or add games

I know, it’s not cheap nor the greatest deal, but it’s sold out on Amazon US store and retails for 499 US

Perfect to add to a home arcade setup.

Cheers!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8935 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
MexicanPeso wrote: What I would love to find is a deal on a cabinet with a screen and button assembly or even just the holes drilled and we add our own internals

Kind of a do it yourself fabrication that would only need a screen, with everything else provided by the user
Gameroomsolutions has a nice bartop kit but they only ship in the US, anyone know of one in Canada?