Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Computers] PSU Kratos M1 750B 80 PLUS Bronze with Built-In RGB Lighting 750W $79.99

[OP]
Nov 27, 2020
21 posts
35 upvotes

[Canada Computers] PSU Kratos M1 750B 80 PLUS Bronze with Built-In RGB Lighting 750W $79.99

750W PSU. This is the cheapest I could find for this wattage. 80 plus Bronze. I don't know about the company reputation and reviews.
But good deal for a RGB PSU. Non-Modular

If $15 mail-in-rebate goes through the price comes down to $64.99

MIR link https://ccimg.canadacomputers.com/Produ ... /39743.pdf
Last edited by mario834 on Feb 3rd, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19 replies
Aug 1, 2016
310 posts
505 upvotes
nice, they've added RGB on ticking time bombs.

Don't cheap out on a PSU and fall for these no name brands just because they put on a high wattage rating and say its 80+.
Stick with known brands like Seasonic, EVGA, Corsair, Asus as they'll be a lot more reliable.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11831 posts
1585 upvotes
Toronto
I like how the RGB lighting is on the side you can't see anyway. Normally you mount the PSU with the fan against the case.
Jan 19, 2008
906 posts
333 upvotes
Pierrefonds
I have an aio cooler from Gamdias, and it's been going strong for years. That being said, I wouldn't risk a power supply from these guys.

I looked into this exact PSU a few months ago, and found a complete mix of happy users, and people that've had nothing but problems with them.

Imo, spend the extra couple bucks to get a PSU that you know will last (and not catch fire lol).
Apr 29, 2018
943 posts
559 upvotes
Vancouver
I have been using a Gamdias Astrape 750W for over 2 years now with a RTX2070 Super. Rock-solid and the RGB fan looks pretty cool. Got my MIR last time around too. That one was reviewed to have good quality components inside and so was well rated.

This one should be good too imo. The P1 variant of this has a good rating too - https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/9336/ ... index.html
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1971 posts
1689 upvotes
Toronto
Dark_fantom wrote: I have an aio cooler from Gamdias, and it's been going strong for years. That being said, I wouldn't risk a power supply from these guys.
Probably doesn't mean much as likely that both PSU and AiO coolers are just made by some other manufacturers and just get a brands label later.

But I haven't found much about this unit (not that I searched that well), so I'd be a bit skeptical. From a quick google, gamdias oem is andyson, and I haven't read much about them before (again, not that I'm reading all of psu, so maybe just my ignorance)
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3451 posts
510 upvotes
Toronto
Let's be honest. There's nothing wrong with the PSU.

Those who have these "entry level" PSUs better be sure you have filters, and maintain your computer system. Also, don't go over 50% power draw at full computer load/power. It will go strong for years.

Edit: Their MIRS may something to worry about, so don't bet on getting it. Bonus if you do!
Last edited by flame02 on Feb 3rd, 2021 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
1130 posts
530 upvotes
Can't find any reviews on this unit.

All I can find are reddit posts bashing this unit because of the brand.

That said, this is a skip for me. According to those reddit posts, this thing has been as low as 30-40$ after MIR

Trying to find a PSU for a headless server I'm trying to build. I wish some lower capacity units (150-300W) would go on sale.
Nov 26, 2015
365 posts
699 upvotes
Winnipeg
I purchased pre-built gaming pc with a “GAMDIAS CHIONE” liquid cooler installed in it. When I plugged it in I instantly heard a weird noise from the PC and I also couldn’t get a display on the monitor. Opened it up and it was a sticky mess inside, the fluid was everywhere. I had to RMA the graphics card and a few other components.
Mar 5, 2013
345 posts
388 upvotes
Kitchener
I'll just jump in here. I had this exact PSU new from CC. Bought in July 2019. I ran it with my Threadripper 2920X + 5700 XT both overclocked and had 0 issues with the whole system. The 5700 XT is a very sensitive card power wise and this PSU was an absolute champ. I upgraded in October to a Corsair HX1000i 1000w since I got a 3080 to replace the old faithful 5700 XT and wanted to be safe with my CPU + GPU for peak power draw. From my PERSONAL experience, I would recommend this PSU. I did get my MIR for it which made it like $50-$55 I forget what . Much cheaper than my current PSU but it's definitely in my experience good bang for the buck
Dec 23, 2017
102 posts
95 upvotes
Why buying tier A trusted brands for 20$ more when you can rely on cherry-picked people who love this?
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5570 posts
2152 upvotes
Debtario
Too much of a gamble, stick with trusted brands with actual warranties.

If there are no thorough tear down reviews with electrical tests I'd stay away.

It would help to know who the actual OEM of this unit is, otherwise looks like they are all over the place on the psu tier lists, with this model not rated.

Worth noting that even trusted brands change suppliers and designs. always do your research and never assume a certain series are all built the same for all wattage and every model year
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5616 posts
3554 upvotes
M-Arkham
DannyH17 wrote: nice, they've added RGB on ticking time bombs.

Don't cheap out on a PSU and fall for these no name brands just because they put on a high wattage rating and say its 80+.
Stick with known brands like Seasonic, EVGA, Corsair, Asus as they'll be a lot more reliable.
I wont' say gamdias is a no name brand, they are more known for their gaming peripherals which are decent.

Im more curious as to who the oem is for the psu, can't find any info on that.

If it's the usual suspects, enhance, hec, seasonic, CWT or FSP, then it can't be all bad.
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
[OP]
Nov 27, 2020
21 posts
35 upvotes
Brewmeanie wrote: I wont' say gamdias is a no name brand, they are more known for their gaming peripherals which are decent.

Im more curious as to who the oem is for the psu, can't find any info on that.

If it's the usual suspects, enhance, hec, seasonic, CWT or FSP, then it can't be all bad.
M1K3Z0R wrote: Too much of a gamble, stick with trusted brands with actual warranties.

If there are no thorough tear down reviews with electrical tests I'd stay away.

It would help to know who the actual OEM of this unit is, otherwise looks like they are all over the place on the psu tier lists, with this model not rated.

Worth noting that even trusted brands change suppliers and designs. always do your research and never assume a certain series are all built the same for all wattage and every model year
It looks like https://www.andysonpower.com/ is the OEM for this PSU.

https://aphnetworks.com/reports/gamdias ... 50g-750w/3
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5616 posts
3554 upvotes
M-Arkham
Andyson is fine as OEM, not a junk OEM
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G