Expired Hot Deals

Canada Computers

Redragon Kumara K552 RGB LED Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard ($39.99) & Redragon Cobra M711 Gaming Mouse ($24.99)

[OP]
Oct 31, 2010
20 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto

[Canada Computers] Redragon Kumara K552 RGB LED Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard ($39.99) & Redragon Cobra M711 Gaming Mouse ($24.99)

First post, please be nice!!

So I purchased the Xtreme Gaming Mechanical Keyboard from The Source courtesy of another thread on RFD. This was my first foray into the world of Mechanical Keyboards and I have to say that I'm hooked!! So much so that I started doing some research on other reasonably priced boards and I came across the Redragon Kumara K552 which was also mentioned in the other thread. I noticed that this keyboard is selling for about $55 on Amazon but at Canada Computers it is $39.99 with available stock online and in store. I ended up purchasing it in-store (Newmarket) as I did not want to spend $99 for free shipping. So far I have to say that I am very impressed with the Redragon. I like it better than the Xtreme and I'll likely return that board or keep it as a backup. The Xtreme uses the same Outemu Blue (Cherry Blue equivalent) switches but it has an audible springy sound when the keys rebound. It wasn't that noticeable at first but after a while it got kind of annoying. The Redragon does not have this sound while retaining the loud clickyness of the Blue switches, which I love. As warned by others in the other thread, the Blues are loud so if you value your family relationships I would not use this while others are trying to sleep nearby!!

Overall the build quality is just better on the Redragon but bear in mind that it is Tenkeyless whereas the Xtreme board is a full size 104 keys. For me the TKL is perfect as it saves room on my desk and I really don't use the number pad enough to justify the extra room it takes up. Lastly, the Redragon is true RGB and all keys are colour customizable but the Xtreme is not true RGB as the colours are set to each key and cannot be changed. The Xtreme has software to change the colour effects but the Redragon does not, I can live with this though as you can make changes directly with the keyboard. For me, the Redragon wins vs the Xtreme although it is $5 more...fully justified imo!!

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=113170

While I was at CC there was a Redragon mouse that also caught my eye. The Redragon M711 Cobra is a very well reviewed budget gaming mouse that boasts a PMW3325 sensor which supposedly is one of the best budget mouse sensors available. There are 5 Levels of adjustable DPI up to 10,000 and is full RGB too. They had it for $24.99 while Amazon has the same mouse for $42.99 so this seemed like a good deal to me. To be honest, it was a bit of an impulse purchase as I went there just looking to buy the kb but I have to say that I'm quite happy with the mouse so far. I don't do any heavy gaming but they also have an FPS version of this mouse that sells for $39.99 which might be better suited to hardcore gamers out there. I'm just working from home and like the pretty lights lol.

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=118356

Now I'm on a search for new keycaps for my board. I've seen some pretty cool customizations out there and I can see how people get super crazy into this...I'm worried that I might be starting to fall into that trap too!!
Thread Summary
Notes:
- K552s are also available red-only, and (static) rainbow. This is the fully-programmable RGB model.
- Some reviews say "it isn't fully programmable" in that you cannot assign individual keys individual colours (instead of the some 20 preset patterns). This is FALSE. It's just that the K552 documentation doesn't mention it and the English website doesn't even list it. There is an advanced config mode using Fn+~, or you can just download the English software off of the Brazil site, available here: https://www.redragon.com.br/software-kumara (1st download link)
69 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2253 posts
1361 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Its been this price at CC the entire year.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2015
1285 posts
1721 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
ssjlancer wrote: Its been this price at CC the entire year.
he said be nice :)
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
2275 posts
4995 upvotes
Mississauga
BillyBill wrote: he said be nice :)
“First post, please be nice.” Only reason I upvoted Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1720 posts
164 upvotes
the keyboard are blue switches which are very loud and clicky.
i don't think key o-ring dampeners will work on this as they are also Outemu Blue Switches.
[OP]
Oct 31, 2010
20 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
BillyBill wrote: he said be nice :)
jetertmac wrote: “First post, please be nice.” Only reason I upvoted Face With Tears Of Joy
Haha thanks guys...I’ll take the pity accolades!! So I guess it’s not a great deal but when I compared it to the Source deal I found this to be better value. Also, it is selling cheaper here than anywhere else as far as I can tell so hopefully the post helps other newbies like myself Face With Tears Of Joy
May 23, 2020
99 posts
77 upvotes
How does this one compare to the one from the Source?
EQ Bank, Amex Simply Cash, Tangerine, Zoomer
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5643 posts
2037 upvotes
bubbleT wrote: How does this one compare to the one from the Source?
Well....it sounds like this whole entire post was a comparison to the one from the Source.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
May 23, 2020
99 posts
77 upvotes
deezz wrote: Well....it sounds like this whole entire post was a comparison to the one from the Source.
Got it thanks
EQ Bank, Amex Simply Cash, Tangerine, Zoomer
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2447 posts
916 upvotes
This is very good deal never the less. I was going to purchase this from Amazon but CC is surprisingly cheaper.

Thank you op.
Jul 5, 2014
31 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Great price, too bad it is blue switch Face With Tears Of Joy couldn't use it at home nor in an open office.
Jan 13, 2013
729 posts
976 upvotes
Saguenay, QC
I had this for my gaming computer for the last month. First mechanical keyboard too. I'm definitely now into mechanical keyboard hehe but maybe not this one. It's pretty noisy, the keys are very thick (I'm coming from Mac keyboard with super low profile keys) and I discovered that missing the numpad is an big no for me. Couldn't really know without first trying! I decided to return it. I'm happy I bought with Amazon for this because the return is easy.

The full version is fairly priced but the keys would still be too thick and too noisy. Too bulky. I personally ended up buying this, but haven't tried it yet! Redragon K589 SHRAPNEL RGB Low Profile Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, 104 Keys Anti-ghosting Mechanical Keyboard with Linear & Quiet Red Switches, Fast Actuation with Less Travel and Smooth Keys

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07RHRDS2K/

I initially paid the k552 for $70 on Amazon so... If I paid $40 I'd consider keeping it and buying the other one... just because haha!
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15583 posts
6755 upvotes
London
I got this kepboard from an auction for $12 lol

Love it aside from the lack of a number pad. This kills it for me.... Otherwise I would use it over g910 because of those sexy clicky switches
Apr 8, 2020
700 posts
451 upvotes
My kid has the dragon with numbers , o boy he beats the crap out of it ! some kind of fortnite edit course Hammer
Let me just say that the dragon is still alive and well Face With Tears Of Joy
Last edited by reefer123 on Jul 20th, 2020 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 30, 2014
21 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I was also going to buy this on Amazon and try it out and return it if I didn’t like it but it’s $55. I’ll give it a go at $40 from CC. Thanks OP!
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11466 posts
886 upvotes
Ottawa
cddc88 wrote: Great price, too bad it is blue switch Face With Tears Of Joy couldn't use it at home nor in an open office.
Funnily enough, I love the loud clicks - although everyone always knows when I'm typing (and therefore not listening) on conference calls these days....

EDIT: Just realized that this is the same one I bought last year, to go on my standing desk, missing the number key pad. Although the quality seems good, I did end up missing the numeric pad on it - but then again I'm an old school guy )hence why all my keyboards were old mechanical IBM ones, until the RGB ones came out). The keyboard is solid, with a good heft - doesn't shift at all on the slanted keyboard tray of my stand-up desk.
- Absolute
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1336 posts
443 upvotes
I originally bought the source one but returned it without opening it cos I bought these reddragons with the red keys instead on amazon. Couldn't be happier with my purchase, they are nice and quiet, has really good key feels and is TKL which is perfect for when I game. The only gripe is it's wired and it's annoying to plug it every time I want to game but hard to find good mech wireless keyboards that don't cost an arm. I find I type like 2-3 wpm faster with less errors on the RD reds than my logitech craft for what it's worth.
Jun 26, 2013
928 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
Sonbuster wrote: the keyboard are blue switches which are very loud and clicky.
i don't think key o-ring dampeners will work on this as they are also Outemu Blue Switches.
yes, i tried o-ring dampeners from Amazon and did not help at all.

Any other way to suppress or reduce the key stroke sounds...it gets annoying during work

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)