Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Computers] Ryzen Processors Sale 2600 $189.00 2600x $199.00 2700 $279.00 2700x $339.99 Threadripper 2920x $549.00

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2019 4:13 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13035 posts
2479 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
slimysnot wrote:
Jul 4th, 2019 8:58 am
Mainstream don't know what AMD is so it is a safe bet.
It's all about marketing. Intel has marketed themselves very well. I can't remember when was the last time I've seen an AMD related advertisement on TV, whether it be for CPUs or GPUs.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
8028 posts
3600 upvotes
MVRD
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Jul 4th, 2019 7:59 am
Cheapest X399 board is $369. $140 more than the X570 MSI Gaming Plus board I preordered.

Yeah, I'll probably stick with Ryzen 3000 series chips, even if the 3900X is $150 more than the 2920X. Better that than lose the USB 3.1 gen 2 and PCIe 4.0 and better optimizations... and better high speed memory support.
Those features alone will ensure a longer period of platform relevance. Well worth the extra $.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1515 posts
454 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Jul 4th, 2019 6:41 am
Here's my challenge, if I get my 64GB of DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 shipped to me, I can barter it for a 3900X plus cash and still keep my pricing reasonable. A 3900X might be a better value proposition than a 2920X all-considered.
You mean sell the RAM to finance the purchase of a 3900x? Who is going to sell their brand-new 3900x for RAM?

Last-gen Threadrippers are being eclipsed by the current-gen 3900x consumer chip as I am sure you know (which is why you would prefer to get one).
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1515 posts
454 upvotes
It is about time that the Ryzen Zen+ chips started getting cleared out! 200 bucks for a 2600x is a very good price!!

I am going to get a 3000 series chip though. I have a 2500K for crying out loud!! :)

If the market is flooded with cheap 2600x chips though maybe I will buy a combo. or a used one if it is REALLY cheap to replace the 2500K as my new secondary system.

The 2600x new price of 200 bucks should crush the used market nicely.

Edit: Here should be an example of Adam Smith's invisible hand about to smite this seller:

Kijiji [barf]
Toronto 17 hours ago

"NEW UNOPENED AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor
$250.00"

Said no one ever: "Hey I would LOVE to pay more for that Ryzen 2600 AND deal through Kijiji as an added incentive! to make a purchase!!"
Last edited by feminazi on Jul 4th, 2019 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1515 posts
454 upvotes
The rumour mill is buzzing that Intel is going to cut their chips by 15% but they are probably waiting until the 7th to cut their prices. I wonder if they should have preemptively cut prices though (i.e. pulled an Nvidia and stole a march on AMD)?

Edit: I wish I had more money. The wants are accumulating faster than the ability to pay for them. I suppressed the wants for years and years and it seems like they don't skip leg day when they are biding their time in the deep.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10292 posts
10424 upvotes
binarynumber wrote:
Jul 4th, 2019 10:20 am
Ryzen 3 2200G might be good for a budget build Thinking Face
All of my value power-user builds for the past year were 2200Gs. Otherwise I've hit up Bauer for admin staff computers.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10292 posts
10424 upvotes
feminazi wrote:
Jul 4th, 2019 10:08 am
You mean sell the RAM to finance the purchase of a 3900x? Who is going to sell their brand-new 3900x for RAM?
Gotta network bud. B2B.
Last-gen Threadrippers are being eclipsed by the current-gen 3900x consumer chip as I am sure you know (which is why you would prefer to get one).
Yep, but we'll see if frugality wins out and I go with a 3700X/3800X over 3900X, even after the trade.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1515 posts
454 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Jul 4th, 2019 10:30 am
Gotta network bud. B2B.

Yep, but we'll see if frugality wins out and I go with a 3700X/3800X over 3900X, even after the trade.
You have people in a business 2 business network that will buy a 3900x and trade you for RAM? Why wouldn't they just give you cash for the RAM? It seems inefficient . . .unless they already had one they don't need but they better order on launch day if they want to get one . . .

The only business that I can think of that this sort of trade would work for this is a computer store or PC parts distributor . . .but if you have a way of getting your barter on and saving money, good for you. 99.9% of people don't, I bet.
Oct 11, 2013
498 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
no need to rush on the site it says sale ends Sep 28, 2019
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1515 posts
454 upvotes
JasonA591 wrote:
Jul 4th, 2019 10:54 am
no need to rush on the site it says sale ends Sep 28, 2019
What are the odds of there being any stock on Sept 28th, 2019?

A lot of the stores only have a handful in stock as it is. They can probably get more in but the channels are getting cleared. It looks like they wanted to milk a few more sales at higher prices before they started clearing Zen+ chips out. This seems to be what Intel is doing but who knows?

God, just imagine the deluge of articles that are going to be unleashed on the WWW when the NDAs for Zen 2 and Navi lift on Sunday . . .
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10292 posts
10424 upvotes
feminazi wrote:
Jul 4th, 2019 10:34 am
You have people in a business 2 business network that will buy a 3900x and trade you for RAM? Why wouldn't they just give you cash for the RAM? It seems inefficient . . .unless they already had one they don't need but they better order on launch day if they want to get one . . .
To be clear, RAM plus billing, or RAM plus in kind service.
The only business that I can think of that this sort of trade would work for this is a computer store or PC parts distributor . . .but if you have a way of getting your barter on and saving money, good for you. 99.9% of people don't, I bet.
It's because people lack imagination and initiative. Almost anyone can do this.

I'm channeling Naval Ravikant saying this.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1515 posts
454 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Jul 4th, 2019 11:14 am
To be clear, RAM plus billing, or RAM plus in kind service.

It's because people lack imagination and initiative. Almost anyone can do this.

I'm channeling Naval Ravikant saying this.
Fair enough but I still maintain that the vast majority of people aren't interested in bartering for computer components but obviously 99.9% was a bit hyperbolic.

As long as you don't have to move them on Kijiji. I think I am getting allergic to Kijiji. It's lack of a rating system or consequences for being dishonourable seems to bring out the worst in many people. I have had multiple people break their firm committments to buy something from me for a measly 100 bucks! Imagine breaking your word and staining yourself (I am sure they don't see it this way but I sure as hell do) for a hundred bucks! This isn't a survival situation we are talking about here . . .damn! I also had a guy commit to selling me a GPU and then go radio silent and THEN trash talk me when he got a better offer and I told him he should keep his word! Like *I* was being offensive for expecting someone's word to mean something?! Wow.

I am sure you wouldn't barter with people you don't know though so that would make a big difference. B2B is a totally different ball game.

Anyway, back to to the deal. I am thinking that as previously discussed the Ryzen 2600x at 200 bucks and with a discounted, cheaper motherboard is highly likely to be a better price/performance proposition than the 3600x. Personally, I am more than willing to eat the difference for a primary system. It will be nice to have a system that is mostly current and in some ways almost cutting edge [PCI-E 4.0 taking our nvme drives down a peg].

N-1 seems to be the way to go for most things unless you are loaded, which I am most certainly not.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10292 posts
10424 upvotes
feminazi wrote:
Jul 4th, 2019 11:25 am
Fair enough but I still maintain that the vast majority of people aren't interested in bartering for computer components but obviously 99.9% was a bit hyperbolic.

As long as you don't have to move them on Kijiji. I think I am getting allergic to Kijiji. It's lack of a rating system or consequences for being dishonourable seems to bring out the worst in many people. I have had multiple people break their firm committments to buy something from me for a measly 100 bucks! Imagine breaking your word and staining yourself (I am sure they don't see it this way but I sure as hell do) for a hundred bucks! This isn't a survival situation we are talking about here . . .damn! I also had a guy commit to selling me a GPU and then go radio silent and THEN trash talk me when he got a better offer and I told him he should keep his word! Like *I* was being offensive for expecting someone's word to mean something?! Wow.

I am sure you wouldn't barter with people you don't know though so that would make a big difference. B2B is a totally different ball game.
Makes life interesting. I love business.

I normally stay away from Kijiji, too many silly sallies.
Anyway, back to to the deal. I am thinking that as previously discussed the Ryzen 2600x at 200 bucks and with a discounted, cheaper motherboard is highly likely to be a better price/performance proposition than the 3600x. Personally, I am more than willing to eat the difference for a primary system. It will be nice to have a system that is mostly current and in some ways almost cutting edge [PCI-E 4.0 taking our nvme drives down a peg].

N-1 seems to be the way to go for most things unless you are loaded, which I am most certainly not.
The 2600X is now the new value-performance computer, coupled with cheap motherboards, and cheap DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, it's a no-brainer for the ultra-frugal.

I feel like you and I are deadset on the performance bump and new features on the Ryzen 3000 though, I'm already typing this out on a 2600X, and this computer is destined for an alternate use... so it's now or never.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1357 posts
403 upvotes
Tough decision, but I'm gonna hold out for Sunday since there doesn't seem to be any rush on this sale.