Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Computers] Samsung 32" 4K 60Hz 4ms GTG VA LED FreeSync Gaming Monitor (LU32J590UQNXZA) $329.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2020 4:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1185 posts
2664 upvotes

[Canada Computers] Samsung 32" 4K 60Hz 4ms GTG VA LED FreeSync Gaming Monitor (LU32J590UQNXZA) $329.99

Pretty decent deal on this monitor. Seems like the lowest according to CCC was $278.49 November 27th, 2019 & $369.00 Best Buy last year around Xmas time from PCPartPicker.

PM BB https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sa ... k/12551080 $349.99

Any thoughts?

Specs

32" Vertical Alignment (VA) Panel
4K UHD 3,840 x 2,160 Resolution
16:9 Aspect ratio
4 ms Response Time (GtG)
270 cd/m2 brightness (typical)
Support 1.07 billion colors
178°/178° Viewing Angles
2 x HDMI ports + DisplayPort port

Reviews:

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/ ... 2j590-uj59

Pros
Good dark room performance
Lots of screen real-estate

Cons
Disappointing peak brightness
Terrible ergonomics

https://www.displayninja.com/samsung-u32j590-review/

Moving on, the Samsung U32J590 input lag performance is brilliant, with only 10ms of imperceptible delay at 60Hz.

The response time (pixel transition speed) is not as good. In fast-paced games, there’s some visible trailing behind fast-moving objects, which is particularly noticeable in darker scenes.

While it’s not game-breaking, we advise you to consider an IPS or TN display instead if you mainly play competitive first-person shooters.

In case you’re not a competitive gamer, the VA panel of the Samsung U32J590 32″ monitor does offer the best contrast ratio in comparison to IPS and TN panels, which will provide you with better visuals and more visible details in shadows and highlights of the picture.

Note that the Samsung U32J590 display uses PWM (Pulse-Width Modulation) to regulate brightness at lower backlight settings. So, if you are sensitive to screen flicker, reducing the monitor’s brightness too much may cause you headaches or eye strain.

The Pros:

Crisp image quality with deep blacks
AMD FreeSync over HDMI and DP
Low input lag

The Cons:

Tilt-only design
Minor ghosting in fast-paced games, mainly in darker scenes
Uses PWM at lower backlight levels

Note this would probably be more suited for work or for school as opposed to gaming.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Freebush on Aug 17th, 2020 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
19 replies
Oct 31, 2013
566 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
Is it 4ms at 4K 60hz?
-Throw me a stone and I will build castle-
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1089 posts
578 upvotes
How reliable are Samsung monitors compared to other brands? I’ve only had experience with Dell monitors which have been reliable so far but this seems to be a great price for a 4K 32”.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1185 posts
2664 upvotes
cgtlky wrote: But it says UNOPENED. How about open box?
Corporate or Government Account
Opened items which are non-defective can be returned within 14 days for refund. Full packaging is required and product must be in resalable condition.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
6530 posts
1467 upvotes
Toronto
Freebush wrote: Corporate or Government Account
Opened items which are non-defective can be returned within 14 days for refund. Full packaging is required and product must be in resalable condition.
How about individual/personal used buyer?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1185 posts
2664 upvotes
cgtlky wrote: How about individual/personal used buyer?
For individual/personal used buyer it would be exchange within 15 days if defective or for something else. No in-store credit.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
6530 posts
1467 upvotes
Toronto
Freebush wrote: For individual/personal used buyer it would be exchange within 15 days if defective or for something else. No in-store credit.
So PM BB is the best deal, you can open and used it for a new hours/days, then decides from there.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7034 posts
1365 upvotes
Toronto
I have this monitor, bought it about a year ago for about the same price.

The monitor stand sucks, I use a monitor arm instead.

The best aspect about this monitor is the size, 32 inches is just about right for a 4k monitor. The worst aspect about this monitor is the VA panel which makes colors look overly saturated, it is not a huge deal if you are doing non-graphics type of work.

All in all for $329, this is a very good deal. I would certainly pick this monitor over a 27 inch IPS monitor for my workload; coding, excel, word, outlook, CAD, gaming.

Edit: Another huge pro is that the screen is matte, though a matte screen is pretty common so it might not be worth mentioning. It Also does not have built-in speakers nor a built in USB hub.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Jul 17, 2012
726 posts
276 upvotes
Kamloops
good price consider inflation vs the low price mentioned. what's not to like. 330 for 4k 32, great for gaming and office work. if your company allows bring your own monitor get something like this and makes huge difference in cad work and probably any other work.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3179 posts
3160 upvotes
Oakville
muscleking wrote: good price consider inflation vs the low price mentioned. what's not to like. 330 for 4k 32, great for gaming and office work. if your company allows bring your own monitor get something like this and makes huge difference in cad work and probably any other work.
I use 1440p for AutoCad on a 32" and it works excellent, don't know why I would need 4k for word, AutoCAD, etc.

I'm considering returning the ViewSonic ,32" deal to get this to try to see if 4k makes any difference for office work.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Jul 17, 2012
726 posts
276 upvotes
Kamloops
zdpz wrote: I use 1440p for AutoCad on a 32" and it works excellent, don't know why I would need 4k for word, AutoCAD, etc.

I'm considering returning the ViewSonic ,32" deal to get this to try to see if 4k makes any difference for office work.
so i had dell u3011 for work for a few years. then i got the korean Prism PU320 i think it's called 4k 32. makes quite a bit difference looking at PDF and civil 3d stuff, i deal with highway/road and all civil engineering stuff which get a LOT of lines and stuff all over. I can see more things with 4k sharpness vs the dell. sounds like you haven't tried 4k for work yet. try and let me know how you like it lol. i had the dell 3218k for a while too and it's even better for computer programming and cad, that one end up getting more vertical lines i sold it. i miss the 8k sharpness daily : (

again if company don't let me use the 4k one day then i would still settle for 2560x1600, but absolutely will not use 1080p. i think sweet spot one day would be 37 to 40 inch 8k. i have a 43 inch korean 4k at home for many years as well. not bad for cad but hard on neck looking left and right. i like to try top of the line monitors and tried many, biggest upgrade was from 22 inch 1080p to the catleap 27 inch and overclock to 104hz. i wish for more glossy monitors though. the dell 8k has the perfect glossy and slightly anti glare ratio, those dell 8k are super experimental and runs hotter than your pc and doesn't last long if you use it a lot.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7034 posts
1365 upvotes
Toronto
zdpz wrote: I use 1440p for AutoCad on a 32" and it works excellent, don't know why I would need 4k for word, AutoCAD, etc.

You want to be able to tile two 1080p windows side by side, one for the work and the other for stuff like video tutorial, PDFs, etc...

4k allows for that and 1440p does not. If you try to tile 2 screens side by side in 1440p, the ui will often reflow all wacky. Most ui target 1080p resolution.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.