Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Computers] Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" 6Gb/s Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-75E250B/AM) $99.99

[OP]
Member
Jan 10, 2011
443 posts
245 upvotes

[Canada Computers] Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" 6Gb/s Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-75E250B/AM) $99.99

Seems like a decent deal at $99.99, perhaps even better if there are any price matching opportunities.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_ ... _id=080110

*Edit* The second post about Canada Computers not being an Samsung authorized reseller, is a whole bunch of full of baloney fake news.
Last edited by Chep on Feb 25th, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
34 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
Dec 30, 2004
12890 posts
816 upvotes
Toronto
Edit: I was wrong about not being authorized reseller... but it's a shady Samsung RMA process.. please read the thread for more information.
Last edited by belfour on Feb 25th, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Feb 14, 2012
951 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
belfour wrote: Warning Canada Computers is not an authorized reseller for Samsung drives. So your warranty will be void.
Wait what... They sell stuff brand new... Yet your warranty is void once you've made your purchase? If this is true, its a swift and hard kick in the teeth for anyone actually looking to buy...
Member
Nov 17, 2006
316 posts
567 upvotes
Josecc wrote: Wait what... They sell stuff brand new... Yet your warranty is void once you've made your purchase? If this is true, its a swift and hard kick in the teeth for anyone actually looking to buy...
Yep Samsung warranty only applies to authorized retailers. I'd rather pay the extra $10 and get it from staples or best buy when it goes on sale.
Member
User avatar
Oct 8, 2015
297 posts
280 upvotes
York, ON
bball2 wrote: Yep Samsung warranty only applies to authorized retailers. I'd rather pay the extra $10 and get it from staples or best buy when it goes on sale.
Or just pm at best buy and get it for less than $99
[OP]
Member
Jan 10, 2011
443 posts
245 upvotes
belfour wrote: Warning Canada Computers is not an authorized reseller for Samsung drives. So your warranty will be void.

Good to know...but how is that even legal?
Banned
Apr 19, 2016
435 posts
226 upvotes
Korean warranty?lol. I just saw Olympic 2018 in Korea. Dirty. I don't trust Korean warranty.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35651 posts
21737 upvotes
Center of Universe
belfour wrote: Warning Canada Computers is not an authorized reseller for Samsung drives. So your warranty will be void.
Is there a link to their authorized distributors?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35651 posts
21737 upvotes
Center of Universe
Lawrence0317 wrote: Korean warranty?lol. I just saw Olympic 2018 in Korea. Dirty. I don't trust Korean warranty.
Discriminate much?
Member
Mar 6, 2017
238 posts
185 upvotes
Chep wrote: Good to know...but how is that even legal?
Not being an authorized seller doesn't make it illegal. If that was the case, that would make a lot of Amazon's third party seller illegal.
Member
Jun 30, 2009
348 posts
201 upvotes
walukupix wrote: Not being an authorized seller doesn't make it illegal. If that was the case, that would make a lot of Amazon's third party seller illegal.
I have heard of there being issues with this exact issue with not only amazon resellers, but amazon itself. Quite a few companies refuse to honour warranties for products sold on amazon.
[OP]
Member
Jan 10, 2011
443 posts
245 upvotes
walukupix wrote: Not being an authorized seller doesn't make it illegal. If that was the case, that would make a lot of Amazon's third party seller illegal.
I'm talking about Samsung's warranty practices. Obviously it's not illegal to be an unauthorized resller.
Member
User avatar
Apr 1, 2015
367 posts
119 upvotes
Oakville
belfour wrote: Warning Canada Computers is not an authorized reseller for Samsung drives. So your warranty will be void.
yikes. thats good to know
Banned
Apr 19, 2016
435 posts
226 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Discriminate much?
Ask to Portuguese, Italian and Spanish what they thought. Discriminate? No , I am saying reality. Korean product is on my blacklist, thanks for Olympic
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10427 posts
6933 upvotes
I'm on the product registration on Samsung.com/ca/ ... "Canada Computers" is shown from the drop down of "Stores".
SSDReg.PNG
[OP]
Member
Jan 10, 2011
443 posts
245 upvotes
Here's what I learned is the problem. RMA with Samsung is a big pain in the ass. They try to direct you to the retailer first. Obviously Canada Computers isn't going to help you, whereas Best Buy might. But, your warranty is not VOIDED as was stated in an earlier post.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 14, 2009
15168 posts
6179 upvotes
The problem is, warranty or not, this is just not a good deal. We just saw a 960gb drive selling today for around $225. I personally bought a 480gb SSD on Boxing Day for $99. So half the capacity for the same price doesn't seem great to me. For this price you can start looking at NVME drives also. Those are really the only Samsung drives I would touch. Their mainstream SSDs are overpriced and the warranty sucks. Sure, they perform well, but if you look at actual real world tests of application load times and Windows boot times, the competing drives are just as good, cheaper, and come with a better warranty.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Newbie
Sep 10, 2008
70 posts
4 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I just price-matched with BB over the phone, smooth and easy.
[OP]
Member
Jan 10, 2011
443 posts
245 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: The problem is, warranty or not, this is just not a good deal. We just saw a 960gb drive selling today for around $225. I personally bought a 480gb SSD on Boxing Day for $99. So half the capacity for the same price doesn't seem great to me. For this price you can start looking at NVME drives also. Those are really the only Samsung drives I would touch. Their mainstream SSDs are overpriced and the warranty sucks. Sure, they perform well, but if you look at actual real world tests of application load times and Windows boot times, the competing drives are just as good, cheaper, and come with a better warranty.
3 things about what we saw today. 1) That 960gb was for prime members only. 2) it's OOS. 3) it's 125 dollars more, so it's not comparable for someone who doesn't NEED that much drive space.

Your $99 480gb drive requires a time machine.

So while this may not be a great deal, it's a good deal for THIS drive, as I've seen it hovering at 109-119.
Last edited by Chep on Feb 25th, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1112 posts
604 upvotes
chatbox wrote: I'm on the product registration on Samsung.com/ca/ ... "Canada Computers" is shown from the drop down of "Stores".

SSDReg.PNG
So I should listen the warning? Or the warning is fake?

Top