• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2010 3:46 pm
[OP]
Jan 8, 2010
1 posts
Oakville

canada computers suck

They have terribly unfriendly staff, are cynical and sarcastic when you ask for help. Won't shop there anymore.
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9628 posts
718 upvotes
Markham
This is nothing new, a lot of us know this!
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
20130 posts
4670 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Sounds like you haven't shopped at the Mississauga location.

(Note: CC is definitely not perfect and caters to a certain kind of customer. People sometimes get offended when they are not this kind of customer. But I think the OP is going to some of the worst locations or something.)
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9628 posts
718 upvotes
Markham
UrbanPoet wrote: They are getting a bit better at the college street location.
they used to be such bitches. but most of the time they are bitches!
Haha, it's almost like they're doing a favour by serving you.

If not for their generally low prices, I wouldn't buy anything from them.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
2026 posts
164 upvotes
York Region
Hairball wrote: Haha, it's almost like they're doing a favour by serving you.

If not for their generally low prices, I wouldn't buy anything from them.
Agree, I feel the same way.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1341 posts
91 upvotes
Brampton
There are a few places that I consider are the Financial equivalent to MLM's. And the staff in most cases are sales people without even basic technical knowledge and the ones who do have some think they are gods and asking them a question or compatibility issue is your problem not theirs.

I understand where their resentment comes from, because 'newbs' come into the store and ask them millions of questions taking up much of their time and sometimes not buying anything so they are frustrated.

But at the same time that is what Customer Service is all about.

That's my rant about them..loll...
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4328 posts
3774 upvotes
Toronto
Canada Computers is for tech-savy people who know exactly what product they want and are looking for the cheapest price. Their online inventory system is pretty good, too. I had been watching this one slow-selling item on their inventory listings, went to buy it, then by the time I went home, noticed the stock at that location had dropped by one, so it's pretty real-time. Sometimes when the stock is 1 or 2, it might have been returned or they can't find it, but all inventory systems have that inherent problem. At least you can see the exact stock level as opposed to CdnTire, FutureSlop, etc which only tell you that it's "in stock".

If you're someone who needs tech advice, service, not sure if you're going to like it and want to be able to return it if you're not happy with it, etc. then stay far away from CC.

Happy CC customer: "Hi, I would like the Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X4096-8500C5 Matched Pairs 4GB Kit PC2-8500 DDR2-1066. I see it right there and am pointing right at it to make it easier for you, won't require you to think, and so you won't pick up the wrong package, yup that's the exact one."

Soon-to-be-unhappy CC customer: "Hi, my nephew told me that I should add more memory to my computer to make it faster, what should I get?"

You might occasionally find an employee that gives non-tech savvy customers good advice and is patient with them. When I notice this happening while I'm at CC picking up a part, I would usually buy a lottery ticket that day...
Aug 13, 2005
178 posts
5 upvotes
100% agree with above poster.

Kennedy location in Scarborough has been fine for me.

I have dealt with Ming, Aaron, and Danny so far and they all helped me just fine.

Went to P-Mall once, those guys were a bit dry in terms of conversation but I got what I needed and got out of there.