Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

Team Group MP33 1TB PCIe M.2 NVMe Solid State Drive Read:1800MB/s, Write:1800MB/s $84.99

Thread Summary
Not sure what to look for? Check out RFD Reviews' roundup of the best SSDs for your devices!
62 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2306 posts
3008 upvotes
is it still Micron 96L TLC NAND?

i guess not
-------------------
Rogers mobile + internet
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
Great price.

Can't do Team Group.

The name says it all.

A team is a group, why be redundant.

Damn tempting.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Jan 21, 2016
424 posts
291 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Don’t do it unless you’re running regular backups and don’t mind downtime and restoring. The warranty is great, but losing all your data is not worth the savings in my opinion.
Feb 12, 2014
815 posts
1727 upvotes
vancouver
whats wrong with teamgroup? do alot of people teamgroup stuff break down or something?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
3258 posts
2116 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Seems like a good cheap secondary drive to install video games, they are taking up so much space.
I wouldn't trust it as a primary drive.
Sep 23, 2018
294 posts
242 upvotes
lubs2001 wrote: Don’t do it unless you’re running regular backups and don’t mind downtime and restoring. The warranty is great, but losing all your data is not worth the savings in my opinion.
What? It will have one of 2 tried and tested controllers and a trusted TLC nand supplier. Not any more or less likely to fail then any other brand.

Not a super high performance drive but excellent price for a 1tb drive and still more then fast enough for common tasks.

Nice find OP!
AllanT232 wrote: whats wrong with teamgroup? do alot of people teamgroup stuff break down or something?
Nothing wrong, they resell usually older tech but nothing about this drive is unreliable and the components are known decent quality budget components.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29035 upvotes
Toronto
GammaRayFort wrote: is it still Micron 96L TLC NAND?

i guess not
Also can use 3D TLC NAND memory from Intel or Toshiba

from https://www.anandtech.com/show/14927/te ... cie-drives

"Team Group’s MP33 SSDs are based on Silicon Motion’s SM2263XT or Phison PS5013-E13T controller as well as 3D TLC NAND memory from Intel or Toshiba. Using different controllers and memory from different suppliers within one family of drives enables the manufacturer to offer the most competitive prices for all configurations, however the actual performance is likely to differ, making this a difficult product to qualify as users will never know which configuration they are buying."
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2306 posts
3008 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: Also can use 3D TLC NAND memory from Intel or Toshiba

"Team Group’s MP33 SSDs are based on Silicon Motion’s SM2263XT or Phison PS5013-E13T controller as well as 3D TLC NAND memory from Intel or Toshiba. Using different controllers and memory from different suppliers within one family of drives enables the manufacturer to offer the most competitive prices for all configurations, however the actual performance is likely to differ, making this a difficult product to qualify as users will never know which configuration they are buying."
wow Im learning so much. Thank you thank you very very much.

Anyway, for those who just bought it, (batch > May 2021), is it still Micron 96L TLC? if you dont know how to check, please dont try; if you insist, Phison or SM official FW flash tool actually supports NAND ID readout via command line (or GUI tool if you can find one); it's somewhat important because a few Chinese NAND manufacturers just started mass production.
-------------------
Rogers mobile + internet
Jul 10, 2007
14 posts
15 upvotes
lubs2001 wrote: Don’t do it unless you’re running regular backups and don’t mind downtime and restoring. The warranty is great, but losing all your data is not worth the savings in my opinion.
Would appreciate if you can share evidence of this claim.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: Also can use 3D TLC NAND memory from Intel or Toshiba

I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
4688 posts
6266 upvotes
Prince George
GammaRayFort wrote: wow Im learning so much. Thank you thank you very very much.

Anyway, for those who just bought it, (batch > May 2021), is it still Micron 96L TLC? if you dont know how to check, please dont try; if you insist, Phison or SM official FW flash tool actually supports NAND ID readout via command line (or GUI tool if you can find one); it's somewhat important because a few Chinese NAND manufacturers just started mass production.
What somebody bought last week doesn’t mean you’ll get the same this week, on these low end models. If you need some performance guarantee then look elsewhere. IMHO

This is faster than SATA and cheaper to boot. Seems like a good deal.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: What somebody bought last week doesn’t mean you’ll get the same this week, on these low end models. If you need some performance guarantee then look elsewhere. IMHO

The speed is fine for sequential transfer use cases.

Concerns include:
- Other use cases and tail scenarios where this drive may perform weakly (or outright horrifically)
- Heterogeneous drive components resulting in performance variations within one model
- Higher, Volatile, or Unknown failure rate

It's the third point that prevents me from moving forward, otherwise I would jump on this for some of our administrative computers.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Oct 15th, 2021 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2306 posts
3008 upvotes
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: What somebody bought last week doesn’t mean you’ll get the same this week, on these low end models. If you need some performance guarantee then look elsewhere. IMHO

who said "performance guarantee"?
-------------------
Rogers mobile + internet
Apr 9, 2011
431 posts
266 upvotes
Markham Thornhill Os…
im looking to get this for my laptop for booting faster, it currently boots from a 5400RPM Hd. Would it be safe to say , this will be an upgrade to run alongside the HDD?
Sep 4, 2014
722 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Cerebros wrote: im looking to get this for my laptop for booting faster, it currently boots from a 5400RPM Hd. Would it be safe to say , this will be an upgrade to run alongside the HDD?
Yes 1 million times better then spinning media.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3478 posts
3857 upvotes
Antarctica
This is one of the most recommended ssd drives from bapc Reddit / discord based on reviews etc.
Jun 10, 2017
797 posts
1451 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Great price.

Can't do Team Group.

The name says it all.

A team is a group, why be redundant.

Damn tempting.
Instant buy if the name were The Le Team Group?