Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 9, 2012
37 posts
119 upvotes
Markham

TP-Link HS105 Smart Wi-Fi Smart Plug $19.99

Google Home speakers have been selling like crazy with Black Friday deals and Amazon Echo devices have just been brought to Canada. With these smart home controllers, I'm sure there are many more people looking to smarten up their homes but the prices for compatible accessories can be quite expensive.

TP-Link has a smart plug that usually sells for $44.99. I noticed at Best Buy, they were selling it for $19.99 but it sold out everywhere super fast on Black Friday. What most people didn't realize is that the plug is still available at that price at Canada Computers and has been since Black Friday. Stock is running low in the GTA but there are still some left. I tried buying it online on different devices and browsers but it didn't seem to work (not sure if they fixed it or not yet). However, you can check their 'stock level' tab to see where it's still available.

I have the WeMo Insight and the WeMo Switch and it works just as well with Google Home (and maybe even a bit faster), with the added benefit of being shorter so it doesn't take up as much space, especially for vertically aligned plugs.
2 replies
[OP]
Jan 9, 2012
37 posts
119 upvotes
Markham
I wouldn't say the shipping charge kills it as it's still much cheaper than other options, but you can also go to a store to buy it with no shipping charge (if it's accessible).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)