[Canada Computers] [WARM] NVIDIA SHIELD BUNDLE 239.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2018 11:17 am
[OP]
Sep 21, 2017
45 posts
26 upvotes

[Canada Computers] [WARM] NVIDIA SHIELD BUNDLE 239.99

I was looking for another nvidia shield for the living room and stumble to this deal. this is good if you want the controller.
75 replies
Aug 9, 2018
58 posts
8 upvotes
Does it support Apple device for screen mirroring?
Dec 16, 2012
575 posts
194 upvotes
Barrie, ON
So everyone raved about this machine and for the price I thought people were crazy since I have mi box and 4gig RAM China boxes.... But after buying it, I must admit it's a damn good and quick box, I even kept the receipt because I didn't think it was going to be worth the performance to the money, but I was wrong.

When people say this is the best you can buy, they are 100% correct.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
3593 posts
1058 upvotes
KillerX wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 5:38 am
So everyone raved about this machine and for the price I thought people were crazy since I have mi box and 4gig RAM China boxes.... But after buying it, I must admit it's a damn good and quick box, I even kept the receipt because I didn't think it was going to be worth the performance to the money, but I was wrong.

When people say this is the best you can buy, they are 100% correct.
Without a doubt.

Had two no name Android boxes, then an Intel Nuc, then mi box, then the Shield.

The Shield comfortably beats all other devices. Best tech purchase I have made in a long time. Helps that I got it with the game controller, open box from Amazon, for ~$160. But those deals are long gone.

I'd like to think there's a high chance this is cheaper around BF though.
Dec 16, 2012
575 posts
194 upvotes
Barrie, ON
tietherope wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 5:43 am
Without a doubt.

Had two no name Android boxes, then an Intel Nuc, then mi box, then the Shield.

The Shield comfortably beats all other devices. Best tech purchase I have made in a long time. Helps that I got it with the game controller, open box from Amazon, for ~$160. But those deals are long gone.

I'd like to think there's a high chance this is cheaper around BF though.
Haha your so right! I'm super cheap so it was hard for me to understand how much smoother, faster, this box was compared to a semi good China box, but once I tried it, there was no question.

I'm glad people like you explained this for someone like me to finally pull the trigger and try it. Ohh I use it for IPTV and whoaaaa what a difference!

B :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7084 posts
586 upvotes
Waterloo
KillerX wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 5:51 am
Haha your so right! I'm super cheap so it was hard for me to understand how much smoother, faster, this box was compared to a semi-good China box, but once I tried it, there was no question.

I'm glad people like you explained this for someone like me to finally pull the trigger and try it. Ohh I use it for IPTV and whoaaaa what a difference!

B :)
Huge difference with IPTV? How so I had the 1st generation and didn't see much of a change
Aug 16, 2015
627 posts
257 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sassysue wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 6:39 am
Huge difference with IPTV? How so I had the 1st generation and didn't see much of a change
Don't believe there is any hardware difference between the 1st Gen Shield and the current Shield - they just repackaged it. The other fellow was speaking in relation to the Chinese boxes.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1253 posts
253 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
georgep wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 7:13 am
Don't believe there is any hardware difference between the 1st Gen Shield and the current Shield - they just repackaged it. The other fellow was speaking in relation to the Chinese boxes.
No hardware difference. The SD card slot was removed and they updated their controller to a more modern design and included a remote as well.

I prefer gen 1 just for the SD card slot option IMO.
Nov 5, 2018
10 posts
2 upvotes
I am considering buying a shield, so my question is: is it worth it?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7084 posts
586 upvotes
Waterloo
I'm gonna try it again can you still use plex server on the regular version or just the pro
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
3593 posts
1058 upvotes
sassysue wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 8:00 am
I'm gonna try it again can you still use plex server on the regular version or just the pro
It used to be just the pro as the regular version would run out of space. Now it has been updated so that Plex can use a USB stick for storage on the regular Shield.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
2132 posts
282 upvotes
tietherope wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 8:47 am
It used to be just the pro as the regular version would run out of space. Now it has been updated so that Plex can use a USB stick for storage on the regular Shield.
You could always use the external storage for your Plex library with the regular version. The issue was that Plex did not save the meta data to the external, so if the library was really large the meta data alone would fill up the internal storage of the regular. Plex server has been update to save meta data to the same drive as the library.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
3593 posts
1058 upvotes
knapper wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 8:53 am
You could always use the external storage for your Plex library with the regular version. The issue was that Plex did not save the meta data to the external, so if the library was really large the meta data alone would fill up the internal storage of the regular. Plex server has been update to save meta data to the same drive as the library.
Correct. I didn't go in depth on the reasons because I understood that it was really easy to fill it upand that most would do so. But thank you for the addition, it's a good distinction.