Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Computers] WD Black SN750 500GB NVME No Heatsink Version $99.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2020 11:12 am
[OP]
Jr. Member
Mar 26, 2010
142 posts
87 upvotes

[Canada Computers] WD Black SN750 500GB NVME No Heatsink Version $99.99

EDIT: Changed thread to Canada Computers, was previously briefly offered at the same price at amazon.

Historical low on CCC is $94.99 around black friday / cyber monday
Was $104.99/$109.99 about a week ago.

MemoryExpress has it for $114 currently for PM opportunity
Amazon $109.99
Last edited by jimmerz on Jun 5th, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
40 replies
Newbie
Mar 9, 2013
63 posts
79 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
am i missing something? it says $137.44
Sr. Member
Dec 10, 2003
733 posts
207 upvotes
Markham
rogernizzle wrote: am i missing something? it says $137.44
Click other sellers - Amazon has it for 104.99 now. Actually the 1TB at 209.99 is decently priced also.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 18, 2005
1271 posts
215 upvotes
Vancouver
jimmerz wrote: Decent NVME drive. Backordered but shipping in about a week or so.
Sold and shipped by amazon.ca
Historical low on CCC is $94.99 around black friday / cyber monday
Was $104.99 about a week ago.

CanadaComputers has it for $114 currently
MemoryExpress has it for $109 currently
YOu can price match with ME, I did back just beginning of this year, and got it down to $94.
Graphic Designer
Member
Jul 13, 2016
257 posts
382 upvotes
VeryTrueColors wrote: 500GB NVME is much slower than 1TB, not worth it.
Tom's Hardware review shows the same sequential read, 14% less sequential write (2600 megabytes per second), both are over 400,000 IOPS random read and 380,000 IOPS random write.

What on Earth load is that too slow to handle?!
Member
User avatar
Dec 17, 2019
224 posts
221 upvotes
Montreal
please try to give your business to anyone else than Amazon!!!

amazon at 109.99 now
I'm a customer at Public Mobile and VoIP.ms!
Sr. Member
Aug 19, 2013
596 posts
433 upvotes
TORONTO
danmartin471 wrote: please try to give your business to anyone else than Amazon!!!

amazon at 109.99 now
Why? Amazon gives me great service. If i need to return something, they take it back no questions asked and even pay return shipping. Other stores often charge both ways and levy a restocking fee. I had issues with newegg before for example and it took me FOREVER to get it sorted out.

with amazon,you just send it back and voila. All taken care of. I even got a credit for my troubles once too. Didn’t even ask for it.
Member
User avatar
Dec 17, 2019
224 posts
221 upvotes
Montreal
Right, you got great service... but at what societal cost??
This is the company abusing workers' rights.

https://pressprogress.ca/amazon-tells-c ... a-pay-cut/

Try CanadaComputers or another retailer.

Anything but Amazon, they will destroy all small/medium business, with your consent.
saudor wrote: Why? Amazon gives me great service. If i need to return something, they take it back no questions asked and even pay return shipping. Other stores often charge both ways and levy a restocking fee. I had issues with newegg before for example and it took me FOREVER to get it sorted out.

with amazon,you just send it back and voila. All taken care of. I even got a credit for my troubles once too. Didn’t even ask for it.
I'm a customer at Public Mobile and VoIP.ms!
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
1032 posts
81 upvotes
danmartin471 wrote: Right, you got great service... but at what societal cost??
This is the company abusing workers' rights.

https://pressprogress.ca/amazon-tells-c ... a-pay-cut/

Try CanadaComputers or another retailer.

Anything but Amazon, they will destroy all small/medium business, with your consent.
The other poster has a point. Sorry but as much as I would like to support local / Canadian, I'm also going to look out for number 1. Return policy, peace of mind and customer service is huge in this society. I bought something at Canada Computers and had a difficult time exchanging. I had a tough time (curb side) picking up an item at Canadian tire; with no signs where to actually go, the staff there were rude when I was just asking simple questions on how to pick up an item I ordered. I know staff have to deal with a lot nowadays but somehow I feel like we lost what makes us Canadian in the first place.
Newbie
Dec 30, 2016
60 posts
60 upvotes
These companies don't even realize that the reason amazon is king is because of the amazing service that they are providing.
So many issues and problems with other sellers when you want to return or contact them about any problems. I gave them chances but
they never fail to let me down.

Especially Canada Computers. Never will they get my money again. The workers are sketchy and have such attitude over any request (in my experience).
Sr. Member
Aug 19, 2013
596 posts
433 upvotes
TORONTO
jorda13456 wrote: These companies don't even realize that the reason amazon is king is because of the amazing service that they are providing.
So many issues and problems with other sellers when you want to return or contact them about any problems. I gave them chances but
they never fail to let me down.

Especially Canada Computers. Never will they get my money again. The workers are sketchy and have such attitude over any request (in my experience).
Exactly. We're in the age of customer service. If companies fail to realize this, it's not up to us to artificially support these bad practices. There's a reason why Walmart survives but Target, Zellers, etc do not. Same with Apple - their products are overpriced as hell but a lot of this is made up for the level of service. MacBook problem? Walk in and walk out with a new one on the same day. With other companies, you pay through the roof to ship it to China - only to have them ship it back to you saying everything works perfect.

Although Amazon may accused for workers rights, etc - I'm willing to bet this is the case for the other companies as well - just no one cares enough to make a big deal of it.

Anyways going back to Amazon, I'll even gladly pay a little more for peace of mind that if ANYTHING were to go wrong, I've got their customer service to make it right. I rather not deal with mail in rebates, shipping fees, and other silly games from the 90s.
Sr. Member
Dec 29, 2013
630 posts
351 upvotes
Montr
Amazon good or bad, I still look forward to support local biz.
However, I did have a bad experience doing so. A month ago I bought a sea food cracker at IGA for 10$. It was expensive for what it was but I need it to eat the lobsters I was buying. After 1st use and wash, it became all rusty. So I brought it back for a refund. They said sorry Covid can do nothing Angry Face

Top