Expired Hot Deals

Canada Computers

Yanmai Computer Microphone With Tripod Stand (SF-910) $9.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2020 11:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1386 posts
3466 upvotes

[Canada Computers] Yanmai Computer Microphone With Tripod Stand (SF-910) $9.99

Extremely cheap mic with tripod stand. If you are on a really tight budget, this would be sufficient. Purchase a 3.5mm to USB Microphone Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter for Windows and Mac. Plug and Play No Drivers Needed. (AU-MMSA) https://www.amazon.ca/Sabrent-External- ... B00IRVQ0F8 for $9.99 from Amazon or SYBA USB Stereo Audio Adapter, C-Media Chipset, RoHS (SD-CM-UAUD) https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=078182 for $12.99.

Decent review



There is also the Yanmai Computer Game Recording USB Condensor Microphone with POP Filter &Tripod Stand - Black (SF-777) https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=156779 for a bit more @ $34.99 or AUDIO-TECHNICA Consumer ATR1300 https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=108229 $35.88.

Enjoy!
20 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 26, 2006
763 posts
505 upvotes
Montreal Area
Why the downvote?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1386 posts
3466 upvotes
tkboyz wrote: Why the downvote?
Trolls. Probably the same person who downvoted my 4 other posts.
Member
Mar 5, 2009
360 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Keep in mind the $9.99 mike is omni-directional which is fine for meetings but not the best for recording a single instrument/voice. The other one is uni-directional.
Member
Jun 8, 2012
288 posts
87 upvotes
Would this be ok for gaming coms? don't need anything crazy just something better than the laptops mic.
Newbie
Aug 20, 2007
95 posts
277 upvotes
Markham
Which mic is best suited to become world renowned YouTuber? I could really use the extra cash....

(Great post OP and thanks for the alternatives)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 9, 2010
1338 posts
839 upvotes
Waterloo
SHR3WD wrote: Would this be ok for gaming coms? don't need anything crazy just something better than the laptops mic.
I'm no expert but from what I've seen from the video OP posted this mic sounds fantastic for the price. Definitely better than a built-in laptop mic, no doubt.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11343 posts
8789 upvotes
Toronto
Here's the one I have, cardioid mic, for $39 quite happy with it - was one of the cheapest and other brands jacked their prices due to the virus.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B088K6W3GR

For example the #1 mic on Amazon was $43 for years and now $60, good thing 3C uncovered their shenanigans.
Images
  • Screenshot_20200731-140422_1.jpg
Last edited by Angultra on Jul 31st, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 15, 2008
9715 posts
2742 upvotes
Toronto
Condenser microphones will pick up pretty much anything. I wouldn't expect it to sound as good as videos on youtube because those guys reviewing these microphones usually have treated sound environments which isolates external sounds. You will very likely pick up the kids in the background and your computer fan noises with a condenser mic. That said, it's 10$ so... don't expect too much lol.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 19, 2010
7101 posts
6194 upvotes
Ottawa
chinesedevil wrote: Condenser microphones will pick up pretty much anything. I wouldn't expect it to sound as good as videos on youtube because those guys reviewing these microphones usually have treated sound environments which isolates external sounds. You will very likely pick up the kids in the background and your computer fan noises with a condenser mic. That said, it's 10$ so... don't expect too much lol.
Thanks for explaining...but surely the mic will be better than my wired Apple earbuds, right? Mainly Zoom calls...no kids, lol.
With Fido Mobile!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 15, 2008
9715 posts
2742 upvotes
Toronto
Said212 wrote: Thanks for explaining...but surely the mic will be better than my wired Apple earbuds, right? Mainly Zoom calls...no kids, lol.
Not too sure how good those earbuds are (whether they have ANC or not). I believe things like AirPods have ANC to eliminate external noise so it might be better than this microphone. It's 10$ though, practically disposable. If your wired mic sucks it's worth a try lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1525 posts
259 upvotes
Peterborough
I'm using the Mic that came with my Denon Reiciver to Auto setup the speaker people in games say I sound good well the mic does
Member
Feb 23, 2010
232 posts
185 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Here's the one I have, cardioid mic, for $39 quite happy with it - was one of the cheapest and other brands jacked their prices due to the virus.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B088K6W3GR

For example the #1 mic on Amazon was $43 for years and now $60, good thing 3C uncovered their shenanigans.
Thanks for this link! I need a mic for work ASAP and to me it just seemed so ridiculous that the price for Fifine climbed due to COVID - been debating all night if I should just go for it. Was gonna go for Blue Yeti instead but it seems sold out (thank goodness). Went for your $39 mic with the $4 coupon, will see how it goes.

OP I'm sure your Yanmai mike is probably pretty good for its price but I can't be bothered to trek to a Canada Computers right now lol (unless I buy $90 worth of stuff I don't need and we are treading into dangerous territory and extra shipping time).

Amazon prime gets me yet again.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 14, 2007
15327 posts
2526 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Grab one and create some ASMR content? :razz:
Jr. Member
Nov 20, 2015
160 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Mics look the same but the brand in the OP's linked video is different than "Yanmai" and the specifications listed are different than what's stated in the video as well.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
12649 posts
7775 upvotes
Markham
Are Canada computer stores open yet?
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1132 posts
436 upvotes
GTA, ON
I have no intention of buying this. Stopped by to upvote this deal to balance downvotes. And also to thank OP for taking the time to post this deal.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)