• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2021 5:36 pm
[OP]
Jan 18, 2014
165 posts
184 upvotes
North York

[Canada Computers] *YMMV* Sony 55" X900H Final sale $999

Not exactly a hot deal since it's final sale and sold by Canada Computers, but for those hunting down any remaining Sony X900H's, CC has a few 55" units available in store.

My unit was purchased at the Richmond Hill location. Price online is listed at $1199, but an additional $200 was taken off at the cash (in store pick up and payment only), and marked final sale.
The unit I got was brand new in the box unopened, but make sure to call in before hand to ensure it is not an open box or floor model.

Again, this deal is not for everyone as it is limited stock and don't expect any support from CC so buy at your own risk. However I still think this is one of the better TV's at this price range. Will try to upload pic of receipt later.
18 replies
Aug 1, 2016
463 posts
835 upvotes
I see canada computers and I down vote.
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
399 posts
510 upvotes
DannyH17 wrote: I see canada computers and I down vote.
You should have said the following:

I am a simple man. I see Canada Computers - I downvote.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1245 posts
769 upvotes
Kitchener. Ontario
Any 65 inches available?
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2682 posts
3175 upvotes
Internetsurfer wrote: You should have said the following:

lol, I see this a lot, but in a different variation at this illegal movie torrent site's comments section. "I'm a simple man, I see [insert celeb name] and/or [breasts], I download"
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
399 posts
510 upvotes
Allen84 wrote: lol, I see this a lot, but in a different variation at this illegal movie torrent site's comments section. "I'm a simple man, I see [insert celeb name] and/or [breasts], I download"
I am still waiting on someone to send me a Chris Evans pic. Heard his junk is microscopic, just like mine.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5276 posts
3743 upvotes
Vancouver
Canada computer reputation has taken a huge hit since covid. From the leak reports of them upping pre order price on GPU, to their poor return/price match policy, I would be concern when buying anything remotely expensive from them. This type of downward reputation spiral often leads ti a company going bankrupt in the not so distant future.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1178 posts
1480 upvotes
ottawa
I don't ever remember having good experience with Canada computes. As much as I try to support local businesses they are the last place I'd go to buy anything. Throwing away $1000 for a tv that I may not be able to return??? Hard pass
Feb 3, 2013
403 posts
377 upvotes
Victoria
Internetsurfer wrote: You should have said the following:

Better a simple man than a simpleton.Winking Face
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6413 upvotes
Internetsurfer wrote: Woah, hold your horses there bud. 6” is the national average…
Holding my horse right now, he is much bigger than that.
Internetsurfer wrote: I am still waiting on someone to send me a Chris Evans pic. Heard his junk is microscopic, just like mine.
Here you go, NSFW

Jan 2, 2009
443 posts
194 upvotes
Surprised at peoples’s feedback about Canada Computers. I have bought many items there over the years, I think the latest was my pc monitor a couple years ago. Always great prices , selection and service.
Aug 28, 2017
60 posts
58 upvotes
nanyte wrote: Surprised at peoples’s feedback about Canada Computers. I have bought many items there over the years, I think the latest was my pc monitor a couple years ago. Always great prices , selection and service.
the issue is when you go to return and then you find out you cant
Jul 6, 2018
870 posts
1575 upvotes
So if you get the TV home, and it doesn't turn on, too bad final sale? Wtf??
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3789 posts
1921 upvotes
Vancouver
poopooplatter wrote: So if you get the TV home, and it doesn't turn on, too bad final sale? Wtf??
Then you're forced to go warranty with Sony (I'm presuming CC is an authorized reseller).
[OP]
Jan 18, 2014
165 posts
184 upvotes
North York
poopooplatter wrote: So if you get the TV home, and it doesn't turn on, too bad final sale? Wtf??
They give you 48 hrs to bring it back if theres any problems out the box, but you're on your own after that.

Again, this isn't a hot deal by any means and is a buy at your own risk situation. But for those looking for this specific TV, this was the only local retailer that had any new stock left.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5329 posts
4024 upvotes
DOA isnt the biggest worry. It's when you see screen anomalies that interfere with your ability to enjoy using the tv - dead pixels near center of screen, large dirty screen effect that is way worse than what reviewers got and others are reporting. Normally if you went through costco you can exchange it easily.

I believe this final sale is even worse than factory direct where you can still somewhat appeal to them to exchange or refund.

Since when did CC get worse than the bottom of the barrel factory direct???