Expired Hot Deals

Canada Computers

[YMMV In Store Only] WD Red Plus 10TB Internal Hard Drive WD101EFBX $209 (399.99 - 190) $21/TB!!!

[OP]
Apr 13, 2004
435 posts
418 upvotes
York Region, Ontario

[Canada Computers] [YMMV In Store Only] WD Red Plus 10TB Internal Hard Drive WD101EFBX $209 (399.99 - 190) $21/TB!!!

$21/TB for a NAS rated drive with full warranty, unlike schucking. Did I mention this is a CMR drive?

Only available in-store. Some locations still have! Go go go!
27 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2646 posts
1919 upvotes
Vancouveresque
None in BC.. typical. Thanks for posting though.
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Get that crap out of your signature.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1590 posts
2367 upvotes
Kingston
Can't get them in the GTA but a great deal. +1
Mar 17, 2014
892 posts
665 upvotes
Vancouver
wow, good price, too bad non in BC
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4794 posts
4782 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Nothing in GTA. :(
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Sep 30, 2015
359 posts
117 upvotes
York, ON
You can order online and pickup in store. This is too big for me, so will pass. I need 2x4TB for mirror (already have 2x4TB mirror)
Aug 24, 2019
71 posts
128 upvotes
Good price, got it last month.

Just double check when you get it, mine was defective, was not able initialize and was making lot of squeaking noise.
Eventually it was replaced, working fine so far.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16788 posts
3306 upvotes
GTA
would be interesting to run these

4x 10TB would get about 18TB usable after RAID 6 and marketing math
Jan 10, 2011
480 posts
294 upvotes
My experience with Canada Computers. I bought a 4GB WD Red in January for my NAS. I immediately put it in my NAS and it wouldn't start, anyhow the drive was bad. I brought it back immediately and the guy brought it to his manager, who found a very slightly bent corner on the drive. They blamed the damage on me. I of course argued, as it wasn't me, and they threateed to have me tresspassed. So I gave up on that and tried to contact head office. No reply. So I contacted my credit card, and they agreed to refund the sale. But an office worker from CC sent an email stating I was sold a good drive and damaged it. Anyhow my credit card asked me for someone considered an expert to prove my case. Luckily due to my work I was able to. In the end I won, but these are the hoops you'll have to deal with if they sell you something faulty.

*the hard drive was given to me with ZERO protection, just an anti-static bag

**this was in Kanata
Jan 27, 2003
675 posts
148 upvotes
Snow Country, BC
RxRxRx wrote: Good price, got it last month.

Just double check when you get it, mine was defective, was not able initialize and was making lot of squeaking noise.
Eventually it was replaced, working fine so far.
what price did you get it for last month? thanks.
Core 2 Duo E6600 with Scythe Ninja Plus Heat Sink
Intel 975XBX Revision 305 MOBO
OCZ Dual Channel XTC 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
EVGA 7600GT CO wit
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3484 posts
3946 upvotes
Prince George
Not bad. Cheaper $/TB than the Costco external. It's been a while since we've seen that.

Of course it's not available to the vast majority of people. Way she goes I guess.
Apr 27, 2011
214 posts
152 upvotes
Montreal
This is kind of annoying, I needed to swap out 4x 8TB WD Red since they are out of warranty and in function 24/7 for over 4 years now, so this would've been perfect, but there's no stock in my region. :/
~ Meru Meru ~
Sep 21, 2019
513 posts
1124 upvotes
mm21xx wrote: This is kind of annoying, I needed to swap out 4x 8TB WD Red since they are out of warranty and in function 24/7 for over 4 years now, so this would've been perfect, but there's no stock in my region. :/
There is now 3 for online delivery from ON warehouse
Last edited by Bbrown3979 on Aug 27th, 2021 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 12, 2019
306 posts
1087 upvotes
Chep wrote: My experience with Canada Computers. I bought a 4GB WD Red in January for my NAS. I immediately put it in my NAS and it wouldn't start, anyhow the drive was bad. I brought it back immediately and the guy brought it to his manager, who found a very slightly bent corner on the drive. They blamed the damage on me. I of course argued, as it wasn't me, and they threateed to have me tresspassed. So I gave up on that and tried to contact head office. No reply. So I contacted my credit card, and they agreed to refund the sale. But an office worker from CC sent an email stating I was sold a good drive and damaged it. Anyhow my credit card asked me for someone considered an expert to prove my case. Luckily due to my work I was able to. In the end I won, but these are the hoops you'll have to deal with if they sell you something faulty.

**this was in Kanata
This is just one more story of why people down vote anything CC...
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2888 posts
2087 upvotes
GTA
Chep wrote: My experience with Canada Computers. I bought a 4GB WD Red in January for my NAS. I immediately put it in my NAS and it wouldn't start, anyhow the drive was bad. I brought it back immediately and the guy brought it to his manager, who found a very slightly bent corner on the drive. They blamed the damage on me. I of course argued, as it wasn't me, and they threateed to have me tresspassed. So I gave up on that and tried to contact head office. No reply. So I contacted my credit card, and they agreed to refund the sale. But an office worker from CC sent an email stating I was sold a good drive and damaged it. Anyhow my credit card asked me for someone considered an expert to prove my case. Luckily due to my work I was able to. In the end I won, but these are the hoops you'll have to deal with if they sell you something faulty.

**this was in Kanata
Maybe it didn't work because your existing drives are MUCH higher capacity? J/K
Last edited by Britex on Aug 27th, 2021 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2700 posts
1377 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Is this superior to the white labels found in the Easystore drives?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5175 posts
1755 upvotes
Toronto
Can you price match with Memory Express? I submitted an order with ME. Let's see if they will.
Last edited by Mr. Robo on Aug 27th, 2021 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2555 posts
3616 upvotes
GTA
mm21xx wrote: This is kind of annoying, I needed to swap out 4x 8TB WD Red since they are out of warranty and in function 24/7 for over 4 years now, so this would've been perfect, but there's no stock in my region. :/
My 2*4TB HGST has been running continuously for much longer (over 7 years) with no issues. SMART also still showing them as good.
4 years is nothing.