Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

Zenbook 14X, 14" 2.8K OLED Touch, Ryzen 7 5800H/16GB/512GB, $899

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2022 4:44 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1558 posts
801 upvotes
d_bomb_23 wrote: Looks like it's sold out now ☹️
I heard CC is getting more inventory to the stores. Whether they price it the same $899, who knows ?
May 27, 2007
394 posts
103 upvotes
Montreal
SirVicksalot wrote: Sold out online but a few still left in stores

Screen is really nice wow. The detail watching high resolution video is amazing. Nice feature on the touchpad too with the number pad.
how's useable the touchpad, can you disable the number pads and vice versa?
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1778 posts
7202 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
tiboi wrote: how's useable the touchpad, can you disable the number pads and vice versa?
Yes. You hold the top right corner for a deco d to activate/deactivate.
What's in your wallet?
Apr 13, 2016
39 posts
34 upvotes
superxxxstud wrote: My issue is always the same. What is the point of having a beast of a processor without a discrete --even something as low as a 3050? Sure maybe there are few out there that encode videos all day but the bottleneck here from day one is the graphic output. Either go U or an H with discrete. This H with no discrete is nonsense usage cases.
I'm a software developer and I work on solutions with more than 200 projects that need to be compiled tu run. Trust me, in this case I 100 % prefer an H processor rather than a U.
Jun 25, 2016
20 posts
39 upvotes
OOS online for both Canada Computers and Memory Express

Some stores seem to have some stock in person

Good deal never the less thanks OP
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2635 posts
1592 upvotes
Calgary
Note this laptop also comes with a 3-month promotion to Adobe Creative Cloud (all apps). For those who want to redeem it, look in the MyAsus app.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1689 posts
2246 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
lemawe wrote: I'm a software developer and I work on solutions with more than 200 projects that need to be compiled tu run. Trust me, in this case I 100 % prefer an H processor rather than a U.
Yes but what user case do you really represent? 0.1%? Also, would it not be better for heavy tasks like that to run them from a desktop along with a large screen?
Nov 8, 2008
893 posts
1114 upvotes
If someone's picked this up from CC, can they confirm if the keyboard is just English labelled or both Fr/En labelled?
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1778 posts
7202 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
picked up yesterday,
Images
  • pc.jpg
What's in your wallet?
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1778 posts
7202 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
carsncars wrote: Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for!
No worries.
What's in your wallet?
Apr 30, 2012
165 posts
588 upvotes
Toronto
The online order from CC which I received today is going back as I got one from memory express price beat. Let me know if anyone wants it at cost.

Update: Returned the laptop
Last edited by RajTheDealFlagger on Oct 29th, 2022 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 28, 2021
452 posts
899 upvotes
EastSai wrote: How is this compare to Asus ROG g14?
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/15753566 (Open Box)
should I spend $100 more?
very very different,

This will have a WAY better screen, and is slimmer than a g14. Ive owned both, they have a similar feel and build quality.

This has the better screen and likely battery, but otherwise the G14 stomps. (assuming we are talking the g14 with the 6800/6900hx)
Oct 25, 2022
4 posts
Mephod wrote: very very different,

This will have a WAY better screen, and is slimmer than a g14. Ive owned both, they have a similar feel and build quality.

This has the better screen and likely battery, but otherwise the G14 stomps. (assuming we are talking the g14 with the 6800/6900hx)
Thanks for the info!
Do you know if there is any Asus 14" oled that have extra ram slots?
Feb 28, 2021
452 posts
899 upvotes
EastSai wrote: Thanks for the info!
Do you know if there is any Asus 14" oled that have extra ram slots?
The one sitting in my lap. This laptop but 2022 model. I got for $1100 on prime day, it is posted here in rfd a couple days back

120hz OLED, 6800h. 16gb of ram (8of which is slot). I tossed in a 16 gb module so now I have 24gb.

16 is too low for me, 24 is just fine
Oct 25, 2022
4 posts
Mephod wrote: The one sitting in my lap. This laptop but 2022 model. I got for $1100 on prime day, it is posted here in rfd a couple days back

120hz OLED, 6800h. 16gb of ram (8of which is slot). I tossed in a 16 gb module so now I have 24gb.

16 is too low for me, 24 is just fine
You mean the Vivobook or the Zenbook?
Damn I missed that sale!!!
Hopefully something pop up in couple weeks!
Nov 8, 2008
893 posts
1114 upvotes
Had the chance to open it and give it a whirl. Even for the $899 price, I'm very happy with this. Great combo of screen + build quality + performance + battery life. I don't think I've seen anything in the $800-900 range come close in recent times.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
4643 posts
2114 upvotes
Toronto
Gentoo wrote: I've been using btop to give me my memory usage.
I'll try that. Its display is very busy.

It is hard to tell how much RAM Linux needs.

First of all, the video device's memory is mapped into many processes and is normally counted as RAM used by the process (it isn't).

If there is RAM to spare, Linux uses it as a cache. This looks used but isn't required (mostly).

The real question is how much RAM is required by a workload to prevent thrashing (to much swapping).
I don't know a passive tool that measures this.
How do you enable "race to sleep"? Web browser takes a lot of power, so I will usually quit Firefox when I'm not actively browsing anything. I know a lot of pages I go to will usually run JS in the background or auto refresh every so often.
I don't know. This is theory from a talk by ARM kernel developers many years ago (at Ottawa Linux Symposium). But I've heard it elsewhere. https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/race-to-sleep

I would guess that you could tweak kernel "governor" routines to choose this kind of think. Also undervolting (which has the side effect of reducing speeds) or underclocking.
Nov 8, 2020
30 posts
10 upvotes
Not sure if there's an issue with mine but it gets quite hot when charging.

Never had issues with this with my 2 previous laptops.