• Aug 24th, 2020 3:29 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
1326 posts
418 upvotes
GTA
Id wait till spring, otherwise no coat for a long time.
Jul 30, 2018
68 posts
8 upvotes
It's getting quite warm here in Vancouver so I think I can wait. How long are we talking about here, few months?
Aug 22, 2017
10 posts
2 upvotes
Does anyone know if it is possible to drop off the coat in person?
I have created an online ticket and now they are asking me to mail it to their Toronto address.
Not sure if i can drop it off in person.
any ideas anyone?
thanks!
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
1326 posts
418 upvotes
GTA
thedazedguy wrote: Does anyone know if it is possible to drop off the coat in person?
I have created an online ticket and now they are asking me to mail it to their Toronto address.
Not sure if i can drop it off in person.
any ideas anyone?
thanks!
yorkdale?
Aug 22, 2017
10 posts
2 upvotes
yup. it works.
just dropped it off at their head office on Bowie Av.
fingers crossed. :)
Deal Addict
May 30, 2008
1905 posts
256 upvotes
WIN-A-PIG!
Freakyfifi wrote: I have the same issue...did they fix yours?
I was also wondering the same. The back of my chateau jacket has thinned out quite a bit over they few year's I've owned it.

I wonder if I can drop it off to their offices in Winnipeg.
Apr 29, 2011
1 posts
I sent my jacket to CG and paid them for dry clean. Then when the jacket was back, the fur was damaged and some places seem be broken.
Aug 29, 2019
468 posts
189 upvotes
hybrid09 wrote: Figured I'd post my experience with Canada Goose warranty on here.

Had the Chateau for about 7 years. It's seen heavy use. Some loss of down in the back, frayed arm cuffs, lots of wear. Took it into the Yorkdale location to have it looked at.

They opened a claim and sent it off to HQ in Toronto. They've updated me online and have offered a new replacement as my old one cannot be repaired. Should be here in a few weeks.

Extremely satisfied with Canada Goose and their warranty. Nice to know the premium wasn't all for nothing, they truly stand behind their warranty. Hopefully this one lasts another 5+ years.
What was the reason that they would take a 7 year jacket back? Must have been an issue big enough to warrant that other than wear and tear? Sounds like an excellent warranty.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2014
1161 posts
558 upvotes
Katedontbreak wrote: What was the reason that they would take a 7 year jacket back? Must have been an issue big enough to warrant that other than wear and tear? Sounds like an excellent warranty.
Wasn't told the reason. The down in the back was thinning and cuffs were fraying, I think any regularly worn parka will experience this over time.

In any case, it's nice to get a brand new jacket. I also forgot to include the fur lining when I dropped it off to CG so now I have an extra.
Sep 28, 2019
1 posts
Hey all wondering what you think of what happened to me recently and what you think will happen. Basically I bought a used expedition on Kijiji earlier last winter it was bought 2 years prior to that. Still cost a pretty penny and The coat was in Pretty nice shape barely any wear on it. I took great care of it, fur was nice, but cost eventually got some stains and what not so and I noticed recently two smallHoles on the left sleeve and I noticed the down fill in some of the pockets were sort of stuffed into the corners of each pocket and it wasn’t filling the down pockets looked like it lost some fill maybe idk how. It sorta was making balls of concentrated down fill everywhere and leaving some areas of the jacket with just the fabric and no down. Basically searched up best dry cleaners in city (Winnipeg) for Canada Goose and asked around all my pals who also have goose jackets and family. Took my jacket there and they ruined the fur on my coat ruined it from dry cleaning it. And this is supposed to be the best dry cleaner in the city. 50$ for that, called Canada goose and explained what happened and I opened a claim and just sent my jacket. Another 60$ to send that off. What I’m dreading to hear is some BS thing about the warranty not covering all these repairs. Like all I’ve done is taken great care of this jacket, and it’s got a whole host of problems before the cleaning and now especially after I’m so upset about the fur (non-removable fur on expedition - some how that relates to the excuse of the dry cleaner? Why Tf did he dry clean the hood then??) I’ve heard great things about their warranty policy so I’m not freaking out yet but I will not be happy after spending all this money on my coat and trying to take the best care of it if they can’t fix these problems or replace my coat. Any thoughts you guys?
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5651 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto
WILMAtheSLUG wrote: Hey all wondering what you think of what happened to me recently and what you think will happen. Basically I bought a used expedition on Kijiji earlier last winter it was bought 2 years prior to that. Still cost a pretty penny and The coat was in Pretty nice shape barely any wear on it. I took great care of it, fur was nice, but cost eventually got some stains and what not so and I noticed recently two smallHoles on the left sleeve and I noticed the down fill in some of the pockets were sort of stuffed into the corners of each pocket and it wasn’t filling the down pockets looked like it lost some fill maybe idk how. It sorta was making balls of concentrated down fill everywhere and leaving some areas of the jacket with just the fabric and no down. Basically searched up best dry cleaners in city (Winnipeg) for Canada Goose and asked around all my pals who also have goose jackets and family. Took my jacket there and they ruined the fur on my coat ruined it from dry cleaning it. And this is supposed to be the best dry cleaner in the city. 50$ for that, called Canada goose and explained what happened and I opened a claim and just sent my jacket. Another 60$ to send that off. What I’m dreading to hear is some BS thing about the warranty not covering all these repairs. Like all I’ve done is taken great care of this jacket, and it’s got a whole host of problems before the cleaning and now especially after I’m so upset about the fur (non-removable fur on expedition - some how that relates to the excuse of the dry cleaner? Why Tf did he dry clean the hood then??) I’ve heard great things about their warranty policy so I’m not freaking out yet but I will not be happy after spending all this money on my coat and trying to take the best care of it if they can’t fix these problems or replace my coat. Any thoughts you guys?
You'll have to wait and see what the results of their review is. I've had my chilliwack dry cleaned multiple times and my cleaner had the sense to cover the fur and dry clean the rest of the jacket and hood. I sent my jacket in a couple of years ago and they replaced the cuffs, patched up holes and replaced the fur even though I did not mention any issues with the fur. My issues were with the small holes around the base of the sleeves. I will likely have to send it back as the jacket leaks feathers like crazy these days.
Aug 24, 2005
308 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
My wife recently sent her Canada Goose Black Chelsea Parka (we bought it 3 years ago and I lost the receipt) because the colour started fading. There are even small holes on both sleeves. She opened a case and we had it sent via Canada Post. We paid for the tracking shipment and signature (about 17 dollars). They received it and acknowledged it was beyond repair. They gave my wife choices of colour and size for the replacement. Hopefully she'll get it in a week or two. She was very happy.
Oct 25, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
I also just went into CG Yorkdale to hand in my jacket for warranty on the spot - the staff were nice to look into the issues I didn’t notice. The buttons on the back of my Victoria had fallen off, cuffs fraying and loss of down in the jacket. I’ll keep you guys updated on the progress as well.

Update: after 4 days I got an email that they will be sending in a replacement!
Images
  • 951315DB-E451-47E9-A499-7A3698AA30D9.jpeg
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2933 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto
Pineappleonpizza wrote: I also just went into CG Yorkdale to hand in my jacket for warranty on the spot - the staff were nice to look into the issues I didn’t notice. The buttons on the back of my Victoria had fallen off, cuffs fraying and loss of down in the jacket. I’ll keep you guys updated on the progress as well.

Update: after 4 days I got an email that they will be sending in a replacement!
Wow nice - can you do this with any CG jackets from other retailers or only ones that you bought from CG directly?

I did mine through sporting life and i got stuck with a store credit and they barely have any CG stock left to use it on lolll
Oct 25, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
Ticco wrote: Wow nice - can you do this with any CG jackets from other retailers or only ones that you bought from CG directly?

I did mine through sporting life and i got stuck with a store credit and they barely have any CG stock left to use it on lolll
I bought mine from Honey - an authorized retailer for CG. Unfortunately most cases with my friends, they would get the repairing done at no cost at most.. I think my case was severe enough that they replaced it. They let me pick other CG styles too!