[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
3964 posts
3186 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Canada Post Expedited with tracking is slower than regular mail

Unbelievable.

I run my small business and mail out tons of small envelopes everyday. My product fits in envelopes.

Consistently, expedited with tracking takes SEVEN more days to be delivered in the GTA versus just a $2 stamp one.

Just a heads up since my customers get upset that they pay for shipping and not get it in time. I know the whole corona thing, but that doesn't explain why normal envelopes arrive in 2-3 days, but 7-10 days for the expedited parcel.

I have tried different letter boxes and even went to the postal office, and still the same crap.

Anyone else experiencing this?
4 replies
Jul 22, 2020
2 posts
Yes, I had the same issue with Canada Post. Took 2 weeks to ship from Mississauga to Toronto with Expedite Shipping. I ended up driving to customer to deliver a replacement package. Learned my lesson and spent $1-2 more to ship by Express Post.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
3964 posts
3186 upvotes
Toronto, ON
JennyFM wrote: Yes, I had the same issue with Canada Post. Took 2 weeks to ship from Mississauga to Toronto with Expedite Shipping. I ended up driving to customer to deliver a replacement package. Learned my lesson and spent $1-2 more to ship by Express Post.
It shows me the same quote for both Expedited and Express Post. Just a bigger discount on latter, so I use that. For me it's just as slow.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1315 posts
667 upvotes
Torontario
canoek wrote: It shows me the same quote for both Expedited and Express Post. Just a bigger discount on latter, so I use that. For me it's just as slow.
Thus the class-action initiated in Quebec - they suspended delivery commitments but they have no updated the ETAs.
I had the same experience for shipping from ON to NL.

Time to privatize Canada Post.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
3964 posts
3186 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ohnabatko wrote: Thus the class-action initiated in Quebec - they suspended delivery commitments but they have no updated the ETAs.
I had the same experience for shipping from ON to NL.

Time to privatize Canada Post.
Same shit with UPS. I wanted to send something urgently and paid $150 for before 8AM delivery next morning. 10:30AM was for $50. The package was still in Canada after two days.

Why I got charged more. It's a racket.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)