Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3366 posts
3501 upvotes
Montreal

Canada Post Fail?

I didn't receive any mail for the past 4 days what is wrong with them?
20 replies
Jan 3, 2010
120 posts
15 upvotes
In the off-chance you seriously don't know...

Since Christmas and Boxing Day fell on a weekend, Canada Post had Monday and Tuesday off in lieu. The last delivery day was Friday, and the next one is today. Next Monday there will be no service as well, since New Year's Day falls on Saturday. There's also been a backlog of holiday deliveries, so anything you're expecting probably won't arrive when you expect it.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10629 posts
2343 upvotes
Nowhere
Can we stop these ridiculous Canada Post threads? This is getting out of hand. Now they are being blamed for holidays. Thread fail.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
1307 posts
63 upvotes
Burlington
YellowPagesGroup must be so proud of the demographic base that uses this forum.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3366 posts
3501 upvotes
Montreal
Still I am scared that my mail got lost
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
5972 posts
2618 upvotes
Winnipeg
danzerino wrote: I didn't receive any mail for the past 4 days what is wrong with them?
Don't worry, your mail will be sitting at the depot. U need to get a life buddy.....
And by the way no mail delivery for 3 days coming up...Think u candle it, or should we expect another thread next week

How about your garbage pickup? When will they be coming?
Dec 27, 2006
468 posts
236 upvotes
Canada
airmail wrote: Don't worry, your mail will be sitting at the depot. U need to get a life buddy.....
And by the way no mail delivery for 3 days coming up...Think u candle it, or should we expect another thread next week

How about your garbage pickup? When will they be coming?

There's no need for this.

There is mail delivery for the next 3 days until Jan 1st.

PS> You type like a ******
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10629 posts
2343 upvotes
Nowhere
mario-rock wrote: There's no need for this.

There is mail delivery for the next 3 days until Jan 1st.

PS> You type like a ******

There is no need for this. BTW, airmail stated that there is no mail delivery for 3 days coming up (Jan. 1, 2, 3 are coming up). He did not say there was no mail delivery for the next 3 days.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2003
1536 posts
694 upvotes
Why do we need to bash Canada Post for giving their employee's 2 days off for the holidays, they are entitled to the time off.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25667 posts
22432 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Cheap Cat wrote: Can we stop these ridiculous Canada Post threads? This is getting out of hand. Now they are being blamed for holidays. Thread fail.
bigphil26 wrote: Why do we need to bash Canada Post for giving their employee's 2 days off for the holidays, they are entitled to the time off.
Indeed they got 4 consecutive days off: Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. You'd think that after all that rest they'd be in fine shape to resume deliveries, but here's a parcel that I've been tracking:

Note from the tracking info:
• "Product Type: Expedited Parcels." [Presumably the shipper paid a premium for "Expedited" that got passed on to the customer (me.)]
• "2010/12/30 09:23 Item successfully delivered"
• "Do Not Safe Drop"

It's now almost 2 hours after the alleged delivery time. I've been at the delivery address all morning yet:
• the door bell hasn't rung
• neither the package nor a pick-up slip are at my door
• neither the package nor a pick-up slip are at the SuperMailBox for this address (where packages are sometimes left)

You're right. There's no need to bash Canada Post for "delivering" such exceptional service.

Now if only they could get around to:
• delivering on their delivery promises
• delivering actual parcels

Is that too much to ask?
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25667 posts
22432 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Update: My package finally arrived, albeit several hours late.

All this must mean that Canada Post has redefined the meaning of ordinary English. Apparently "Item successfully delivered" now means "Item put on truck for delivery. Please be patient. We're trying. Really."

But then what does that do to the meaning of "Item out for delivery"?
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
5972 posts
2618 upvotes
Winnipeg
In the morning all items are scanned en route (out for delivery), then some drivers will scan all non sig items as successful so they dont have to rescan on the street.

If it is delivered by a mobile letter carrier, they too will scan it as successful, so they dont have to fumble around on the street in the rain or minus 30 temp with the scanner.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25667 posts
22432 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
airmail wrote: In the morning all items are scanned en route (out for delivery), then some drivers will scan all non sig items as successful so they dont have to rescan on the street.
That appears to be what happened as evidenced by the 5 minute difference between "Item out for delivery" and "Item successfully delivered." That may be a convenience for the driver, but it creates confusion for those of us who use CPC's online tracking system to—wait for it—track our packages online ;)
veni, vidi, Visa
May 13, 2009
129 posts
13 upvotes
I am soo sad also =( i friggin order something on the 17th and I still did not receive anything from CanadaPost yet, I have a tracking number of the product saying out for delivery since DEC 20, soo angry, i hope my product shows up soon.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2005
1878 posts
227 upvotes
bylo wrote: Update: My package finally arrived, albeit several hours late.

All this must mean that Canada Post has redefined the meaning of ordinary English. Apparently "Item successfully delivered" now means "Item put on truck for delivery. Please be patient. We're trying. Really."

But then what does that do to the meaning of "Item out for delivery"?

I've had things scanned as delivered, and then I wasn't home and it was scanned not delivered, sent to post office for pickup.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10629 posts
2343 upvotes
Nowhere
bylo wrote: That appears to be what happened as evidenced by the 5 minute difference between "Item out for delivery" and "Item successfully delivered." That may be a convenience for the driver, but it creates confusion for those of us who use CPC's online tracking system to—wait for it—track our packages online ;)

The problem is that these packages used to be delivered by someone in a truck. Now they are being delivered by the regular letter carrier doing his route.

Thanks, airmail for explaining the process. It makes complete sense when you realize that it is the letter carrier bringing the package not the parcel delivery person in the truck.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25667 posts
22432 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Cheap Cat wrote: The problem is that these packages used to be delivered by someone in a truck. Now they are being delivered by the regular letter carrier doing his route.
Except that in my case, since I'm "serviced" by a SuperMailBox, the regular letter carrier comes by official CPC truck. If the package will fit, she puts into the special SMB large package box and leaves the key in my box. If the package is too large, as it was today, or if it requires a signature, payment, etc. she drives the truck to my door and rings the doorbell, as she did today.
veni, vidi, Visa
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
206 upvotes
bylo wrote: That appears to be what happened as evidenced by the 5 minute difference between "Item out for delivery" and "Item successfully delivered." That may be a convenience for the driver, but it creates confusion for those of us who use CPC's online tracking system to—wait for it—track our packages online ;)

As I said in the other thread, you might want to talk to your Letter Carrier directly & ask them not to scan your items in advanced because you track them closely online. But as well if it really isn't that big of a deal, i'd just leave it be. The last thing you want is to piss off your Letter Carrier.

I mean, right now you said they drive by your house if you have a parcel that is too big for the compartment right? If you were to complain, do you think they would still do that in the winter time (assuming you have any ice/snow and it could be seen as unsafe)? :) Just something to think about. One thing i've noticed with Carriers, alot of them are spiteful if you piss them off & complain.

I had one lady call in and complain about me everyday over stupid **** - from cutting across her grass, to not closing the top of her mail box, to delivering her 2 of the same flyer by mistake, etc.

So anything that was considered unsafe, meant I can't deliver to her house. I'm sure she had fun fixing those loose steps and railing.... and Getting rid of the couple of bees flying around...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2009
5161 posts
702 upvotes
South of Ottawa
Funny thing, I was waiting for a package from Canada Post and while I usually don't track it very closely, this purcahse was different (a long story for another thread). The status said it was out for delivery as of this morning. Then I remembered a thread here (maybe this one) about how it's out for delivery and no one ever shows up. Lo and behold, the status has now changed to waiting for pick-up. I've been home all day - no door bell, knock or barking dogs. Walked down to the mailbox and there's the card and none of the boxes are checked off saying I wasn't home or hold for pick-up, etc. Now I get to drive down to the local SDM and figure out how to get it home (6 large boxes). It's only fitting that with all the difficulties associated with the purchase itself that the delivery didn't go smoothly either.