Winnipeg
And what does glass door say about the competition? Ups, FedEx, Dhl
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
2595 posts
500 upvotes
Toronto
airmail wrote: And what does glass door say about the competition? Ups, FedEx, Dhl
Can't they just go to their competitors then?

That's like if someone complains about working for company A and then goes up to the boss and demand for a raise because company B employees are making more. Then company A CEO asks "why don't you just go work for company B then?"
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
7147 posts
5860 upvotes
Funny how they never compare themselves to the overeducated university graduate who works part-time at McDonald's or the laid off factory worker who works part time at a minimum wage bottom of the barrel job. The kind of people who have to support their lunacy with their taxes and who will be even more penalized if these crybabies have their way. But we all know that union scum doesn't give a crap about the real victims of this economy. It's all about me me me.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
2595 posts
500 upvotes
Toronto
I feel like the best question to ask the postal workers is:

"If you are fired today, do you think you can get another job at UPS/FEDEX/DHL?", or

"Do you think you can get another job that has the same stability, salary, and pension?".

Deepa Chopra: "If your employees are happy and healthy, your customers would be healthy and happy, and that'll make your investors happy,"

Therefore: If your unskilled high-school graduate employees are happy getting overpaid, your customers would be happy, until they start demanding for more because their classmate is getting a new car from their daddy, why are they only getting a brand new Iphone 6s?

I know this may sound rude, but I feel like if my high-school graduate friends were in your shoes, they would be eternally grateful (minimum wage manual labor) instead of complaining how others are making more than them.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
5606 posts
2263 upvotes
Winnipeg
blitzforce wrote: I feel like the best question to ask the postal workers is:

"If you are fired today, do you think you can get another job at UPS/FEDEX/DHL?", or

"Do you think you can get another job that has the same stability, salary, and pension?".

Deepa Chopra: "If your employees are happy and healthy, your customers would be healthy and happy, and that'll make your investors happy,"

Therefore: If your unskilled high-school graduate employees are happy getting overpaid, your customers would be happy, until they start demanding for more because their classmate is getting a new car from their daddy, why are they only getting a brand new Iphone 6s?

I know this may sound rude, but I feel like if my high-school graduate friends were in your shoes, they would be eternally grateful (minimum wage manual labor) instead of complaining how others are making more than them.
Wrong Deepak quote
Jul 4, 2015
793 posts
195 upvotes
Stouffville
blitzforce wrote: https://www.glassdoor.ca/Salary/Canada- ... -E8747.htm

Letter carrier salary is $52k

Postal clerk makes $22/hr

Both have good benefits.

Then I went on indeed and compared to what other low-skill workers make.

Are CP employees just delusional? What more do they want?
Simple question - Why wouldn't you get an easy low skilled overpaid worker like that, and then do something you're skilled in on the side?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16732 posts
6962 upvotes
blitzforce wrote: https://www.glassdoor.ca/Salary/Canada- ... -E8747.htm

Letter carrier salary is $52k

Postal clerk makes $22/hr

Both have good benefits.

Then I went on indeed and compared to what other low-skill workers make.

Are CP employees just delusional? What more do they want?
I'm not sure if you are delusional, but your statements are definitely misleading. Whether it's a misunderstanding of what the employees make or an attempt to mislead others, I'm not sure.

A letter carrier hired since 2013 makes between $19.38 (year 1) to $25.95 (year 7). Their wages are all online, feel free to look it up. Not on a third party site, but you can view the actual agreement and see the truth.

To make $52,000 you would have to be earning top wage. That's 7 years of service. A little misleading to claim carriers make $52,000/year when in fact, only those who have worked more than 7 years make that.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
2595 posts
500 upvotes
Toronto
TrevorK wrote: I'm not sure if you are delusional, but your statements are definitely misleading. Whether it's a misunderstanding of what the employees make or an attempt to mislead others, I'm not sure.

A letter carrier hired since 2013 makes between $19.38 (year 1) to $25.95 (year 7). Their wages are all online, feel free to look it up. Not on a third party site, but you can view the actual agreement and see the truth.

To make $52,000 you would have to be earning top wage. That's 7 years of service. A little misleading to claim carriers make $52,000/year when in fact, only those who have worked more than 7 years make that.
How much does people in McDs make after 7 years of serving hamburgers?
Aug 16, 2015
353 posts
108 upvotes
Ajax, ON
I know someone who works at the post office and while she does indeed get $20+/hr she gets like 4 hours a week on a regular basis.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16732 posts
6962 upvotes
blitzforce wrote: How much does people in McDs make after 7 years of serving hamburgers?
Why don't you educate yourself and look it up?

Or would you rather continue to guess - and guess wrong - at the wages of other workers?

You were clearly misleading people with your initial post on salary. Why not try and redeem yourself with some actual facts rather than just misleading people?
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13894 posts
8988 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
blitzforce wrote: How much does people in McDs make after 7 years of serving hamburgers?
TrevorK wrote: Why don't you educate yourself and look it up?

Or would you rather continue to guess - and guess wrong - at the wages of other workers?

You were clearly misleading people with your initial post on salary. Why not try and redeem yourself with some actual facts rather than just misleading people?
Job Title McDonald's Canada Salary
Front Counter - Hourly $10.71/hr
McDonalds Cashier - Hourly $10.90/hr
McDonalds Crew - Hourly $10.65/hr
First Assistant Manager $36,820

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2004
3807 posts
755 upvotes
Vancouver
TrevorK wrote: I'm not sure if you are delusional, but your statements are definitely misleading. Whether it's a misunderstanding of what the employees make or an attempt to mislead others, I'm not sure.

Are you saying $52k is justified if worked for 7 year?
Nov 16, 2010
215 posts
113 upvotes
Kitchener
I use to deliver the local newspaper in my neighbourhood growing up - this of course if going back 15 years, but I think I was making $100-$150/per month.
May 21, 2013
824 posts
375 upvotes
Montreal
If the job was so simple and easy, why aren't most people applying to do it?

Half this forum are probably filled with overweight ethugs that wouldn't last one winter.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9122 posts
2749 upvotes
London
What does any of this have to do with shopping?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16732 posts
6962 upvotes
importpsycho wrote: Are you saying $52k is justified if worked for 7 year?
If you expect someone to work in a career-oriented job for 7 years, $52,000 seems like a fair wage to earn. Canada Post does not expect to have a revolving door of employees to continually train, so they have to pay them accordingly.

A part time deli clerk tops out at $25.11 at Safeway (in BC) as of April 3, 2016. I think it's time to stop comparing part time jobs high school students do with jobs that the employer wants to retain staff, it's just getting embarrassing. Employers pay more money to keep staff, so employers that want career-oriented staff will pay more. Safeway, as an example, wants to keep staff and pays them accordingly (pretty much the same as Canada Post for the top level). Other employers, like your local Dairy Queen, could care less about retention and will pay their staff accordingly.
Jun 25, 2016
60 posts
37 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
How about we look at supervisors salary which starts at min $58,000 and max of $68,000 with bonuses, and superintendents (position above supervisors) min $70,000, and max of $86,000 with bonuses/OT.