• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2020 9:43 pm
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Mar 12, 2009
446 posts
457 upvotes
Ontario

Canada Post Lawsuit

From this link:
https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/a-class ... claim-cash
Canada Post Is Facing A Class Action Lawsuit & You Could Claim Cash
The lawsuit is related to delivery delays.
If you've done any shopping online over the past few months, chances are you've received some deliveries late. If this is the case, you could get some cash! A class-action lawsuit against Canada Post has been filed, and it's all because of some seriously late packages.
37 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22286 posts
20904 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Lol ...

This is quite entertaining.

Guess the peeps who started it MISSED that there was a WORLDWIDE PANDEMIC going on

Canada Post has clearly been stating in press releases / news interviews etc what challenges they’ve been facing since March.

And they’ve taken measures to try and better delivery times as well.

(All of this well documented here on RFD by actual CP Customers ... if anyone reads the various Canada Post threads )

This is gonna get thrown out of court big time!
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 16, 2015
587 posts
1191 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I suspect that Canada Post will be able to make a legitimate argument that there is a freaking pandemic going on that has unpredictably increased volume and requires extensive health checks and sanitation procedures that result is slower than usual delivery.

The *only* people who stand to benefit if this is certified are the legal counsel. We'll all get a free book of stamps, while they're billing at $250/hour.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2015
1574 posts
1072 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
No good deeds go unpunished. Perhaps they should have just closed down and argue they're not essential.
Sr. Member
Aug 21, 2011
853 posts
230 upvotes
Delays are an inevitability. What I don't find acceptable is how Canada Post can just blatantly lie on tracking just to meet whatever statistics. Stuff like alleged delivery attempts at 3am on a Sunday, totally legit and not a lie. I don't mind service being what it is, I just wish they were honest.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 7, 2007
5347 posts
3002 upvotes
I am reading the article.

#1 issue is that fast delivery services COST MORE $$ (Priority, Xpresspost, and Expedited Parcel) and there's a guarantee of on-time delivery.

#2 Canada Post announced on March 19, 2020, that it was suspending this guarantee due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

#3 The lawsuit claims that suspending the guarantee was done "abruptly and without warning or consent,"


The question may be, can Canada Post legally change the service-level agreement with customers unilaterally under a pandemic?

I think the answer is yes. Canada Post can change or suspend the guarantee to protect health of human employees. There is no point in this lawsuit.
______________________________
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
12647 posts
7771 upvotes
Markham
Any class actions that sued amazon for prime customers delivery delays? Or Costco 2 days delivery became 7 days?

Good time for law firms?

Lol
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
12647 posts
7771 upvotes
Markham
motomondo wrote:

The question may be, can Canada Post legally change the service-level agreement with customers unilaterally under a pandemic?
If telecommunication companies are able to do it......
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 11, 2009
3358 posts
572 upvotes
Don't be nosey
smartie wrote: Any class actions that sued amazon for prime customers delivery delays? Or Costco 2 days delivery became 7 days?
Know any good lawyers? :p
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Newbie
Nov 30, 2018
30 posts
5 upvotes
Anyone on here defending Canada Post obviously does not live in Newfoundland and Labrador. On its best day pre-pandemic it takes 7-10 days to get from the black hole of Dieppe NB to St. John's sorting facility and then maybe another 5-7 to get across town for delivery. The pandemic just gives the mother Corp an excuse for shit service. They didn't offer one before.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 16, 2003
3350 posts
620 upvotes
Canada Post is a disgrace. They do not serve Canada.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 16, 2015
587 posts
1191 upvotes
Calgary, AB
HammerJoe wrote: Canada Post is a disgrace. They do not serve Canada.
That's complete rubbish. I lived in a small town that didn't have UPS and FedEx service where Canada Post was the only way to receive packages. We had a great postmaster and were well taken care of. I now live about half and hour outside Calgary and still get good rural service.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 3, 2012
3397 posts
1759 upvotes
GTA
To be completely honest, I hate Purolator way more than Canada Post.
I love RFD! :)
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1220 upvotes
HammerJoe wrote: Canada Post is a disgrace. They do not serve Canada.
You’re a disgrace.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 25, 2004
3639 posts
2302 upvotes
London
yo2boy wrote: To be completely honest, I hate Purolator way more than Canada Post.
and who owns 91% of purolator :)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 16, 2003
3350 posts
620 upvotes
jaybeeg wrote: That's complete rubbish. I lived in a small town that didn't have UPS and FedEx service where Canada Post was the only way to receive packages. We had a great postmaster and were well taken care of. I now live about half and hour outside Calgary and still get good rural service.
Well Lucky you.
I had a package posted in Mississauga three weeks ago, and the last report was that it was in transit from Montreal and I still dont know when I will get it.
And this is nothing new. Canadapost has always been slow.

Amazon orders that dont use Canadapost take only couple days to get. Orders from other online stores that do not use CanadaPost are received within the week.
Orders that use Canadapost it takes a month to get them.

They are a disgrace.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Feb 2, 2011
134 posts
193 upvotes
Markham, ON
For anyone looking for the official link to the class action:

https://lambertavocatinc.com/class-action-canada-post
Don't spend two dollars on drying clean a shirt. Donate it to the Salvation Army instead. They'll clean it and put it on a hanger. Next morning, buy it back for seventy-five cents.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
12647 posts
7771 upvotes
Markham
HammerJoe wrote: Well Lucky you.
I had a package posted in Mississauga three weeks ago, and the last report was that it was in transit from Montreal and I still dont know when I will get it.
And this is nothing new. Canadapost has always been slow.

Amazon orders that dont use Canadapost take only couple days to get. Orders from other online stores that do not use CanadaPost are received within the week.
Orders that use Canadapost it takes a month to get them.

They are a disgrace.
It's like your boss asked you to deliver an analysis in one hour and you cannot because it's out of your capacity, are you ok if your boss calls you "disgrace "?

Extraordinary time needs extraordinary consideration
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 16, 2003
3350 posts
620 upvotes
smartie wrote: It's like your boss asked you to deliver an analysis in one hour and you cannot because it's out of your capacity, are you ok if your boss calls you "disgrace "?

Extraordinary time needs extraordinary consideration
It's strange because other couriers have no trouble doing expedited deliveries. What's special about Canada Post?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 16, 2015
587 posts
1191 upvotes
Calgary, AB
HammerJoe wrote: It's strange because other couriers have no trouble doing expedited deliveries. What's special about Canada Post?
1. They're not a courier company. I challenge you to send a letter by FedEx for less than $15.
2. I recently had UPS take 9 days to deliver an "overnight" package.
3. One of the side effects of covid was a sharp increase in the number of packages mailed. Canada Post simply didn't have the staff and logistical resources to deal with the increase at a time when new health and distancing rules were applied.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)