Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Post] Packaging Tape 4 PK $5.83 including shipping and taxes

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2015 5:30 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 5, 2006
7108 posts
1168 upvotes
Toronto
Just got my four packs. I see each roll is 50m long. My Costco rolls are 100m. I had assumed that they were both the same length. Should have checked this first.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2008
1030 posts
461 upvotes
Edmonton
Inno wrote: Just got my four packs. I see each roll is 50m long. My Costco rolls are 100m. I had assumed that they were both the same length. Should have checked this first.
While I'm a fan of Costco, the CP stuff is much better quality, and you don't have to buy 8 rolls. Also, this stuff is thicker, so if you aren't using it on a tape dispenser, it peels nicer, instead of it ripping before you get the full width started.
Jr. Member
May 7, 2009
165 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
would anyone like to split a pack with me. I don't need 4 rolls
PM me, i'm in downtown toronto
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 22, 2014
3193 posts
2966 upvotes
Mordor
crunchyfrog wrote: would anyone like to split a pack with me. I don't need 4 rolls
PM me, i'm in downtown toronto
Just creating a personal account, then you can order just one.
Jr. Member
May 7, 2009
165 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
ShadowMordor wrote: Just creating a personal account, then you can order just one.

i already bought it, 1 pack has 4 rolls. i don't need all 4 rolls, so i'm willing to sell 2
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
208 upvotes
crunchyfrog wrote: i already bought it, 1 pack has 4 rolls. i don't need all 4 rolls, so i'm willing to sell 2
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Sure you never donate even a dollar.


4 PK $5.83
Deal Guru
User avatar
Dec 17, 2001
11381 posts
4498 upvotes
St-Fabien de Panet, …
55M are pretty small rolls, I used to work for Intertape and we hated making those small rolls. I ran a Slitter, shown at the 3:10 mark in this video. The noise coming from one of those giant 5 foot wide rolls of tape running through the machine is incredibly loud.
Sr. Member
Dec 25, 2010
915 posts
310 upvotes
Vancouver
Inno wrote: Just got my four packs. I see each roll is 50m long. My Costco rolls are 100m. I had assumed that they were both the same length. Should have checked this first.
Anyone know how much the Costco 8 pack of tape is?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 5, 2006
7108 posts
1168 upvotes
Toronto
chev4x4 wrote: $12.99
So for about $2 more you get 800m instead of 400m of tape out of an 8-pack.

I've gone through about 15 rolls of the Costco stuff over the past few years (I mail a ton of parcels).

Will try some of the CP stuff and see if it does a significantly better job of sealing boxes, but I've never had any complaints about the Costco tape.
Member
Mar 23, 2012
253 posts
63 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Ive been using the Costco tape for years and ship hundreds of parcels in a year. Its perfectly fine, no need for thicker tape.
Sr. Member
Dec 8, 2009
720 posts
206 upvotes
aznlgcy wrote: I bought a pack about a year back, they are pretty good quality tape, no issues with quality or lack of adhesive.
I found Scotch 3M packing tape very strong glue. Year ago I run out of tape and bought it from Canadapost and quality is poor.
Costco sells 6 of 3M scotch tape for $12 or something and sometimes they put $3 or $4 off.
Have you used Scotch 3M packing tape as well and still prefer Canadapost tape?
Member
Dec 19, 2009
264 posts
207 upvotes
Calgary
echo_jey wrote: I found Scotch 3M packing tape very strong glue. Year ago I run out of tape and bought it from Canadapost and quality is poor.
Costco sells 6 of 3M scotch tape for $12 or something and sometimes they put $3 or $4 off.
Have you used Scotch 3M packing tape as well and still prefer Canadapost tape?
Yes, I've used the Scotch 3M tape from Costco before. To me they are both the same, I don't find a difference. I use it to seal boxes and it does the job. The only time I've found that the quality of adhesive starts to suck is when you leave the tape sitting around too long. I had 3 rolls of Scotch 3M sitting on my shelf last year from a couple years back. One roll stuck to itself throughout so it was unusable and two of them would not adhere to anything once peeled from the roll.. The tape is a hit and miss kind of thing, as the adhesive I find has a undetermined shelf life
Sr. Member
Feb 7, 2012
633 posts
146 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
silverjelly wrote: Someone posted it earlier...if you add 2 of the item but then edit the cart quantity back to 1, you get the lower price.
Are you sure? Didn't work for me.

Top