• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2019 1:36 pm
[OP]
Jan 3, 2015
112 posts
43 upvotes
Delta, BC

Canada Post Parcel Delivered, Lost, and Found

Was expecting a package today and I was home. I decide to add my email to the delivery notifications because drivers typically don't knock or ring the doorbell and just put packages outside. I get the delivery notification (20 min after the delivery time), but didn't notice anyone outside and searched for the package but didn't find anything. I drove one block over to a house that I sometimes get mail for (same house number, different street) but didn't find it there. Contacted Canada Post by chat and they opened a ticket. Supervisor from the local depot phones me indicates the GPS stamp on the delivery was between house 541 and 551 and my house number is 511 (3 houses away). I go for a walk and find my package delivered to 541. You would think their handheld would warn them if they were at the wrong house but not sure how it operates. Anyway, got my package and my neighbour probably would have delivered it once they got home.
Last edited by neilc6 on Apr 3rd, 2019 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 replies
[OP]
Jan 3, 2015
112 posts
43 upvotes
Delta, BC
hvwozq wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2019 7:32 pm
Canada Post has customer service and their response time is minutes/hours? 🤨
Looking at my phone log, they phoned me about an hour after I got assigned the ticket. Supervisor was also trying to contact the driver as well.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1368 posts
560 upvotes
London
neilc6 wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2019 7:49 pm
Looking at my phone log, they phoned me about an hour after I got assigned the ticket. Supervisor was also trying to contact the driver as well.
that's surprising normally Canada post response is contact the sender and they wont help u.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12398 posts
1867 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Interesting to know!
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7153 posts
3355 upvotes
North York
When did Canada Post start using GPS technology? This is news to me!
[OP]
Jan 3, 2015
112 posts
43 upvotes
Delta, BC
DragonRider wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2019 1:37 am
Actually, the supervisor just said it was delivered between the two house numbers and I just assumed it was from a gps stamp so not sure how that was determined.

If I wasnt home and if my neighbour delivered it, I wouldnt have known so you wonder how often this may happen.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5282 posts
3078 upvotes
Looks like Canada Post actually has customer service now. I had an incoming package that was out for delivery, and then scanned "Item redirected to recipient's new address." I went to Canada Post's website, chatted with a rep. The first one gave some BS expalanation. I closed it and went back again later. The rep opened a ticket. I received a call from a supervisor from the local depot less than 4 hours later.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7349 posts
793 upvotes
Toronto
DragonRider wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2019 1:37 am
Whenever an item is scanned, it pinpoints the gps location as to where it was scanned.

They have been using these scanners for several years. However obthr the supervisor can pull out the info as to where it was scanned.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11432 posts
1284 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
neilc6 wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2019 6:41 pm
I drove one block over
Too far to walk? :D
Dec 18, 2017
417 posts
153 upvotes
London, On
The GPS is probably a telematics thing on the truck, not the scanner. Most of the large delivery companies use similar systems. Manager can log in to the system and see where the truck is, where it's been and when, how fast it's going, and many other little things like seatbelt being worn, how many times they put the truck in reverse after turning on ignition, cargo door between driver and back of the truck being closed while truck is moving, etc. The scanner wouldn't tell the driver they are at the wrong house.
Sep 28, 2017
499 posts
311 upvotes
i have a package coming from the yukon. the sender emailed me a day after it was sent worried he had flubbed part of the address and had tried to contact CP to check and update but they said i would have to do that since i'm the receiver. so i called in and got a person who was totally clueless... plus sounded like it was an outsource location (person had a really thick accent that no matter what i could not understand for the most part) they said i would have to wait till it reached it's destination and if it arrived or not !?!?! i'm like ummm by then it's too late i would like to fix it now so it actually reaches me and not have the hassle of then trying to find it in your system.... so please get a supervisor.

they refused to do that by saying they can't see it in the system the tracking number was incorrect and to contact the sender for more info.... i'm like what ?? more info ? they gave me the tracking number and emailed me an actual scan of the receipt with the tracking info on it ! how can that be incorrect ? jesus, just get me a supervisor.... they told me to hold then disconnected me. complete useless person on all aspects.... even life.

called back and once again i think i was calling into the same location as i had a different person with the same accent.... so it must have been an outsource location ? so this time i just go right to the supervisor request and once again get the run around, so i just hang up. then called my local post office who then gives me the actual real CP call centre number to talk with a real supervisor about my situation. they tell me they are unable to see the destination info (how is that possible when you ship something they enter the destination in the system to see the amount owed, and other details to make sure it's routed correctly) so i'm like so how do i fix or at least check that it's going to the correct address ? they even tell me it has to complete it's delivery to the address stated on the package and then will become undelivered or if the final sorting station catches the address not matching and will fix it there.

i dunno... i think someone just isn't keen on actually doing their job and giving excuses. i may have to jump on this chat thing as well once i gets close to me and see if they can check it.
no matter where you go, there you are.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1368 posts
560 upvotes
London
peytonpeanut2017 wrote:
May 2nd, 2019 10:35 am
i have a package coming from the yukon. the sender emailed me a day after it was sent worried he had flubbed part of the address and had tried to contact CP to check and update but they said i would have to do that since i'm the receiver. so i called in and got a person who was totally clueless... plus sounded like it was an outsource location (person had a really thick accent that no matter what i could not understand for the most part) they said i would have to wait till it reached it's destination and if it arrived or not !?!?! i'm like ummm by then it's too late i would like to fix it now so it actually reaches me and not have the hassle of then trying to find it in your system.... so please get a supervisor.

they refused to do that by saying they can't see it in the system the tracking number was incorrect and to contact the sender for more info.... i'm like what ?? more info ? they gave me the tracking number and emailed me an actual scan of the receipt with the tracking info on it ! how can that be incorrect ? jesus, just get me a supervisor.... they told me to hold then disconnected me. complete useless person on all aspects.... even life.

called back and once again i think i was calling into the same location as i had a different person with the same accent.... so it must have been an outsource location ? so this time i just go right to the supervisor request and once again get the run around, so i just hang up. then called my local post office who then gives me the actual real CP call centre number to talk with a real supervisor about my situation. they tell me they are unable to see the destination info (how is that possible when you ship something they enter the destination in the system to see the amount owed, and other details to make sure it's routed correctly) so i'm like so how do i fix or at least check that it's going to the correct address ? they even tell me it has to complete it's delivery to the address stated on the package and then will become undelivered or if the final sorting station catches the address not matching and will fix it there.

i dunno... i think someone just isn't keen on actually doing their job and giving excuses. i may have to jump on this chat thing as well once i gets close to me and see if they can check it.
the person who shipped it did they make the label online if so they should be able ot pull up the label and see what was printed on it. if they did it at the post office by hand then there out of luck. once the package goes out for delivery if the address they put down isn't a proper address it should go back to the depot at witch point a ticket needs to be opened asap witch will send a message to said depot letting them know the proper delivery location. problem is if the address they put down is a proper address it could go out for delivery and then the person at that address accepts and keeps the package.