Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
1991 posts
438 upvotes
azn_riceboi wrote:
May 15th, 2014 11:36 pm
how does one apply the non-sticky stamp to a letter? glue stick acceptable?
If you are referring to the cut-out sticker stamps that are hard to peel, yes I think a glue stick would be acceptable. Some people suggest bending the corner back and forth and it should peel easily. Or I used a box cutter to get in between the two layers.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4172 posts
1434 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
adeel wrote:
May 15th, 2014 11:41 pm
are the stamps easy enough to use?

dont want to buy a bunch of stamps that i cant use to mail stuff
They're stamps, not rocket appliances.
Banned
Jun 14, 2007
1674 posts
409 upvotes
Thrasher wrote:
May 16th, 2014 12:11 am
If you are referring to the cut-out sticker stamps that are hard to peel, yes I think a glue stick would be acceptable. Some people suggest bending the corner back and forth and it should peel easily. Or I used a box cutter to get in between the two layers.
after you use glue stick - Canada Post will send you - your letter back claiming you are re-using stamps...(even stamps never been used) and have to put new stamps again...
"with - (non-stickers) which need to be split into single stamps and licked (watered) before using them on an envelope..." if you using glue stick... Canada Post could return your letter claiming you are re-using stamps... hope this helps...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
1991 posts
438 upvotes
batye wrote:
May 16th, 2014 12:44 am
after you use glue stick - Canada Post will send you - your letter back claiming you are re-using stamps...(even stamps never been used) and have to put new stamps again...
"with - (non-stickers) which need to be split into single stamps and licked (watered) before using them on an envelope..." if you using glue stick... Canada Post could return your letter claiming you are re-using stamps... hope this helps...
I suppose that is possible, so if you are a business and are mailing out hundreds of items at a time, I wouldn't use a glue stick. For mailing 1 or 2 letters at a time, the chances are slim to none that Canada Post would return these to you.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
579 upvotes
Mississauga
in for two. Thanks OP

If any one is serious about stamps : Canada Post / Postes Canada: Free $10 Esso gift card with any purchase over $150 - GIFTOFGAS13 - not sure if it works, someone else can test it.
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Mar 28, 2012
329 posts
78 upvotes
My Kijiji sofa
I have had to on a couple of occasions move a peel-n-stick stamp to another envelope [mis-addressed, forgot a page and already sealed envelope, etc]. I use a thin layer of paper rubber cement (both surfaces) - leaves no trace; none were returned. I have also heard that some posties "rescue" unused (not canceled) stamps from dead letters on their way to the shredder.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1718 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
JoDanrfd wrote:
May 16th, 2014 1:48 am
I have had to on a couple of occasions move a peel-n-stick stamp to another envelope [mis-addressed, forgot a page and already sealed envelope, etc]. I use a thin layer of paper rubber cement (both surfaces) - leaves no trace; none were returned. I have also heard that some posties "rescue" unused (not canceled) stamps from dead letters on their way to the shredder.
That would hardly seem worthwhile in the past. Maybe at current high pricing though...
12 months for condemning rape. 6 months for calling violent thugs "nasty". WTH? Is this IS?
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1718 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
Russell wrote:
May 16th, 2014 12:43 am
They're stamps, not rocket appliances.
Rocket appliances would be no use to him. He said he wants "to mail stuff". :)
12 months for condemning rape. 6 months for calling violent thugs "nasty". WTH? Is this IS?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1236 posts
289 upvotes
Toronto
Dinujan wrote:
May 16th, 2014 1:42 am
in for two. Thanks OP

If any one is serious about stamps : Canada Post / Postes Canada: Free $10 Esso gift card with any purchase over $150 - GIFTOFGAS13 - not sure if it works, someone else can test it.
Thanks OP, in for 5, thus the porom code seems expired.
Simple is the best.
Dec 2, 2007
307 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Bought 5. Thanks op. Interesting but the max you can buy per day is 5. I wanted to buy 10.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2004
1724 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
I send lots of parcels to the states and international, can I use 5-6 of these together to make up the postage?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
579 upvotes
Mississauga
in for 4 more :) I ship to the US often, so now I can just use these stamps
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3725 posts
472 upvotes
MONTR
bought another 4 packs. wonder what is the current inventory left.