Canada Post pickup from porch for Amazon returns

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2020 5:55 pm
[OP]
Jan 20, 2013
339 posts
158 upvotes

Canada Post pickup from porch for Amazon returns

I have 3 items to return from Amazon. I have a CanadaPost account, made it a "business" account by selecting that. And when I went all the way through the process to schedule a pickup, it said it was going to be free at the end. Is that really the case? I was expecting $3.50 per pickup like I see online.

Does anyone else use Canada Post for pickups from your porch? Is it fine if it's not for a small business?
3 replies
Mar 24, 2016
740 posts
884 upvotes
scarborough
i dont think your letter carrier is going to pick up your Amazon return. if its ready to go just drop it in the letter boxes as long as you have a canada post label
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2198 posts
1094 upvotes
London
onquest wrote: I have 3 items to return from Amazon. I have a CanadaPost account, made it a "business" account by selecting that. And when I went all the way through the process to schedule a pickup, it said it was going to be free at the end. Is that really the case? I was expecting $3.50 per pickup like I see online.

Does anyone else use Canada Post for pickups from your porch? Is it fine if it's not for a small business?
i think they are doing free pick ups well covid is going on. normally they don't do them for free unless the package is proity or on tuedays in oct. i had them come last thursday to pick up a return the guy from the depot called me within 15 mins and said someone would be right over he came in 10 mins.
Sep 19, 2004
599 posts
232 upvotes
While if it's business account, you can schedule the pickup, the request will then be forwarded to your carrier.

But if it's not scheduled, and you just leave the packages at your porch, I doubt a carrier will pick them up. If I were doing the route, I definitely won't touch any package at people's porch or anywhere, not to mention pick them up and bring them to my vehicle. People have camera now and it's next to impossible for me to defend myself if people were calling depot complaining they have lost packages, and the video footage showed me take some from the porch.

if the service is free, then just use it. my 2 cents.