Shopping Discussion

Canada Post question pls (parcels stuck in transit due to closure of postal pickup outlet)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2020 10:01 am
[OP]
Jan 19, 2013
3 posts
1 upvote

Canada Post question pls (parcels stuck in transit due to closure of postal pickup outlet)

Hi all,

I've been ordering a few things from AliExpress and they were supposed to be shipped to a Flexiaddress nearby where I live. However since the COVID happened, that place has been permanently closed. I have a few parcels with status "In transit to a post office" since June but no further updates since.
Any suggestions on what to do? I did call the place that's closed down and their original voicemail said that any parcels coming to their place will be redirected to a nearby post office. But I haven't seen anything being done since early June. I now have like 4 parcels in this suspension state. Please kindly advice... Thanks.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 12th, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added detail to title for clarity
5 replies
Jan 17, 2016
25 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You can always call your local post office and see if there are packages to your address, if you have two post office close by you might need to call both of them to check.

Good luck.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22849 posts
21699 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
As per the Voice Mail Msg ... your items will be redirected

And that’s what I would believe will happen

More than likely ... you aren’t seeing any STATUS UPDATES
Cuz there aren’t any

It’s a case of just being Covid SLOOOOOOW deliveries
Esp so if something is coming in internationally via Post (and not courier)

Lots of international parcels taking 1, 2, 3, or 4+ months to arrive

Look around there are oodles of RFD Threads on the theme

AliExpress Delays = anyone-bought-aliexpress-dx-etc-lately-2369556
CBSA / International Mail = mail-processing-canada-customs-slow-711375/
Canada Post Backlog = canada-post-really-backed-up-2369864/
Hong Kong Parcel by way of USA = parcel-shipped-hong-kong-going-united-s ... al-2387781
Canada Post & Covid = answering-your-questions-about-canada-p ... id-2364606
[OP]
Jan 19, 2013
3 posts
1 upvote
Thanks. I did call the can centre and they were able to locate my parcel ie at a nearby warehouse. They will now redirect it to my new (functioning) address. :)
Apr 20, 2015
203 posts
167 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I just got something from aliexpress I ordered beginning of feb yesterday. Thre longest wait ever n still have a bunch from the beginning of march than covid hit. They can track it but once it gets to Customs it disappears for months and says it's been handed to customs lol than poof it's in your mail box lol..
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22849 posts
21699 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Pisidan wrote: I just got something from aliexpress I ordered beginning of feb yesterday. Thre longest wait ever n still have a bunch from the beginning of march than covid hit. They can track it but once it gets to Customs it disappears for months and says it's been handed to customs lol than poof it's in your mail box lol..
Ya it’s cuz Canada Post cannot be bothered to log in / scan ... changes in Status

Like when they get it in hand from CBSA
When they next sort it
When they put it on a truck out for delivery etc

This has been an ongoing issue with them
Not just during Covid

It just is more visible (actually invisible) during Covid
As peeps are waiting weeks / months now for International Pkgs to arrive in country by Ship or Truck
Vs the usual plane routes
Fewer Planes flying = fewer postal parcels moving by air
And more delays all along the delivery chain

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)