• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2021 9:10 pm
[OP]
Feb 15, 2017
135 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto

Is Canada Post really backed up?

I have 1 package shipped from Montreal on April 8. Now just sitting in a warehouse in Montreal since then.
I called and they don't help.

Another package shipped on the 11th and tracking says it wasn't picked up. Company says it was.

They make it very difficult to inquire and they don't communicate any delays or holds with customers.
1453 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14746 posts
27775 upvotes
Scarborough
Don't know if anything is happening at Canada Post but this was the reason listed for my Purolator package not arriving today when it was scheduled for delivery today.

Delayed due to current pandemic disruption.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2629 posts
1366 upvotes
London
JemboBam wrote: I have 1 package shipped from Montreal on April 8. Now just sitting in a warehouse in Montreal since then.

Another package shipped on the 11th and tracking says it wasn't picked up. Company says it was.

They make it very difficult to inquire and they don't communicate any delays or holds with customers.
all shipping companies are delayed a little. had one that was coming from Woodstock to London that's only a 30 min drive should have came in 1 day. but took 3 days for them to ship it all the way up to Mississauga then another 2 days to send it all way back down to London.

ups is also at least 1-2 days behind what it normally takes.

all shipping companies are no longer honouring on time guarantee so pretty much its a it gets there when we fill like getting it there type thing now.
Nov 28, 2007
497 posts
177 upvotes
Etobicoke
Yeah seems everything is running super slow. I have a package that was "shipped" on the 13th of April and it hasn't even left BC yet, just seems to be sitting there. Oh well. All I have is time right now anyways.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
16037 posts
17313 upvotes
Oakville
JemboBam wrote: I have 1 package shipped from Montreal on April 8. Now just sitting in a warehouse in Montreal since then.

So there's this pandemic going on that's forcing everyone to sit at home and order deliveries off the internet, so deliveries are seriously backlogged.
Sep 10, 2007
486 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered some printer toner via eBay just on April 16th. Seller is in Quebec City, QC. Shipped same day on 16th, got delivery notice today the 20th (Mon). I missed them ringing intercom as I was doing laundry. I will pick it up just down the street next day at Shoppers Drug Mart. They used Expedited shipping, but I was still shocked at the fast speed of this shipment, considering the current ‘situation’ and on the online tracking page, it even noted possible shipping delays.
pmb

"When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt."
~ Henry J. Kaiser
[OP]
Feb 15, 2017
135 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
tokihamai wrote: Yeah seems everything is running super slow. I have a package that was "shipped" on the 13th of April and it hasn't even left BC yet, just seems to be sitting there. Oh well. All I have is time right now anyways.
Yeah. Unfortunately this is stuff I need because I work n the woods 2 months a year starting May 1. I'm sure it'll show this week.

I just wish they could communicate issues with customers better.
Nov 28, 2007
497 posts
177 upvotes
Etobicoke
JemboBam wrote: Yeah. Unfortunately this is stuff I need because I work n the woods 2 months a year starting May 1. I'm sure it'll show this week.

I just wish they could communicate issues with customers better.

Good luck! I hope you get your stuff in time!
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3035 posts
1050 upvotes
Ottawa
Yeah most of the shipping companies are backlogged, although UPS seems to be very backlogged, Canada Post somewhat, and FedEx not too bad really.

The problem is that if your package gets stuck in a warehouse... chances are it'll be there for a while, since new packages that come in would probably be among the first ones out the door
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10980 posts
2092 upvotes
Toronto

I'm having the exact same problem

Ordered package from California, shipped on Apr 3rd, arrived in Vancouver on Apr 6th.

Hasnt moved since.

Here's the thing... I had a customer today drop off an XBOX One X for a repair. He's a Canada Post worker so I asked if they were backed up at all or if packages were being held for 2 weeks like some have suggested. Both answers were no.

Tried calling and it's all automated machines answering.

Emailed the company I ordered from as I need this package asap for my home business and said they would look into it and get back to me.

As it stands I've had 1 package ordered on Apr 4th arrive today from China so I'll assume my package was lost.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18758 posts
6800 upvotes
Toronto
Canadapost is always backed up even before this. I have been waiting for an item for over 5 days now, was supposed to be delivered 5 days ago but nope Canadapost screws up again.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
5132 posts
513 upvotes
Ordered something from Alberta on Wednesday, got it yesterday (Monday) and I'm located in Ontario. Item was shipped via Canada Post. They apparently delivered my package to the community mailbox on Sunday according to tracking.

I'm also expecting a parcel from Buffalo, will be interested to see when that comes. Was listed as arriving on the 8th.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
1921 posts
2117 upvotes
BC
Anything going through Gateway (Mississauga) is heavily delayed. Probably upwards of a week at this point and it's only going to get worse. There have been multiple confirmed COVID infections at the plant (6 as of last week I think), social distancing measures are reducing floor efficiency, coming down with a cough gets you a 2 week holiday and we can't hire more staff at the moment. Normally for Christmas we have double the staff, right now we have Christmas volumes with half the staff. Mail volumes have not dropped off so labour can't be redistributed accordingly.

Coupled with a 95% reduction in domestic air travel almost everything needs to be shipped by ground which is way slower and there isn't enough infrastructure to absorb the hit.

Anything ordered from outside North America basically isn't coming for 2-3 months unless it's the highest priority ($$$) level and from China. Europe basically isn't sending anything, there aren't any flights coming over.

Once it gets out of the plant it should follow a normal delivery schedule, most local depots are still fully staffed and functioning normally.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5648 posts
3567 upvotes
Yes, Canada Post seems to be getting worse. My packages are now getting delayed for days.
Akitakara wrote: Yeah most of the shipping companies are backlogged, although UPS seems to be very backlogged, Canada Post somewhat, and FedEx not too bad really.
Must be your area. For the past few weeks, I have been getting almost daily UPS deliveries, all on time, and anything I ship is delivered on time. FedEx Express is still beating their own delivery estimates for some packages from the US.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3035 posts
1050 upvotes
Ottawa
hvwkzq wrote: Yes, Canada Post seems to be getting worse. My packages are now getting delayed for days.

Must be your area. For the past few weeks, I have been getting almost daily UPS deliveries, all on time, and anything I ship is delivered on time. FedEx Express is still beating their own delivery estimates for some packages from the US.
Yep. Delays will definitely depend on which hubs your packaging is going through (ex UPS is really backlogged at Delta, BC) and also how your local city hub is handling the load too.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2629 posts
1366 upvotes
London
SquadG wrote: FedEx Ground doesn't seem backlogged in my case... Left North Carolina Friday and showed up yesterday. And I live in a rural area outside Montreal.
probably cuz fedex isn't really used by retailers all that much. they are used more for business to business type stuff and with alot of places closed they have probably seen the opposite effect that canada post and ups have seen and there packages have probably dropped off.
Sep 30, 2015
313 posts
399 upvotes
East York, ON
They are trying their best. I noticed them delivering on Sunday which usually only happens during the holiday season.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2455 posts
1040 upvotes
Montreal, QC
yes, they are backlogged and also, they sometimes don't scan. i had a package that said ready for pick up, never got updated and a week later, package is at my doorstep. expect about a week of delay if it's a national delivery. for provincial, it's taking 2-3 extra days from what i'm getting (shipping from Quebec to Montreal or even same city shipping)
international is worse. it's been 3 weeks since my package was shipped. i have no idea where it is, probably sitting at custom
Apr 18, 2009
977 posts
396 upvotes
Toronto/Plano/Atlant…
I think it depends on the class of service and country of origin.

Japan post EMS packages for some reason, move through the CP system very very fast.

I had a package shipped on Tuesday April 14th 3 PM , Japan time ( this is 2 AM EST April 14th) . The package was delivered Thursday noon EST.

I had a second package shipped Friday April 17th 3 PM Japan time, this one was delivered Monday April 20th, by noon EST.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)