[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2004
2181 posts
664 upvotes
GTA

[Canada Post] Canada Post: Robert Bateman $20 Pure Silver Coin

More offers from Canada Post
This coin has been sold out at the Royal Canadian Mint for a while now. However I just saw this at Canada Post, selling for the same $94.95 original price as the Mint. It is currently selling for $150 at coin shops (like Colonial Acres) and over $130 on eBay. If you're regretting not getting it from the mint when it was available, here's your chance. Free shipping too!

Mintage: 7,500 coins worldwide
Face Value: $20
Composition: Pure silver
Weight: 31.39g
Diameter: 38 mm

[IMG]https://www.canadapost.ca/shop/mc/asset ... 243976.jpg[/IMG]

Canad Post Link
15 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2195 posts
637 upvotes
Edmonton
HUmmm wonder if I buy a bunch and go to Colonial ( wherever that is in Canada) maybe they'll give me $125 and keep selling them at $150....................
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
16674 posts
3006 upvotes
Toronto
Not really a "hot deal" these haven't been selling too easily. If you've been following the numismatic thread, its been discussed there :)
Real Estate Agent, CPA, CA
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
2058 posts
102 upvotes
I have very hard time getting rid of my moose =.=
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9671 posts
1878 upvotes
Toronto
It's selling at regular price... hardly a Hot Deal. LOL
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2074 posts
499 upvotes
Whitehorse
4flava wrote: It's selling at regular price... hardly a Hot Deal. LOL
Well, they are selling the Canadian Coast Guard one for $130 and it has the same weight. So at $95 you get the same bang for less buck - no?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
16674 posts
3006 upvotes
Toronto
sokolov wrote: Well, they are selling the Canadian Coast Guard one for $130 and it has the same weight. So at $95 you get the same bang for less buck - no?
LOL in that case the silver maple leaf is available for $32 :razz: It's the same weight for a lot cheaper! Wouldn't that be the best bang for the buck? :lol:
Real Estate Agent, CPA, CA
Apr 17, 2012
242 posts
28 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Riddick wrote: This coin has been sold out at the Royal Canadian Mint for a while now. However I just saw this at Canada Post, selling for the same $94.95 original price as the Mint. It is currently selling for $150 at coin shops (like Colonial Acres) and over $130 on eBay. If you're regretting not getting it from the mint when it was available, here's your chance. Free shipping too!

Mintage: 7,500 coins worldwide
Face Value: $20
Composition: Pure silver
Weight: 31.39g
Diameter: 38 mm

[IMG]https://www.canadapost.ca/shop/mc/asset ... 243976.jpg[/IMG]

Canad Post Link
Over $130 on eBay? I would gladly sell you mine for that amount! Anyone?
Apr 17, 2012
242 posts
28 upvotes
VANCOUVER
frankmp wrote: HUmmm wonder if I buy a bunch and go to Colonial ( wherever that is in Canada) maybe they'll give me $125 and keep selling them at $150....................
That won't work as Colonial Acres get a discount from the mint. As a major coin dealer, they get a discount of 10 to 15%. So they can get it for around $85 or less. So why would they give you $125 that is widely available and not selling that well. If anything Colonial may use their blow out specials to get rid of this turkey.
Apr 25, 2006
74 posts
43 upvotes
thanks. ordered 1. I'm looking for this for a long time... It is a very nice collectible coin... Guys... just FYI, check how much this COIN is selling for originally, and how much it is selling now in the market... there is also a lady-bug version. Anyways, my point is, these coins are not evaluated by the face value, just like a iPhone, it is not selling at the cost of materials....

Thanks again for this nice info