• Jun 5th, 2016 2:34 pm
Tags:
Nov 1, 2015
614 posts
471 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
lincoln wrote:
Jun 4th, 2016 1:18 am
FYI to all grandparents out there... your grand kids don't care nor want coins. If you want to give them a gift, buy them a new phone or pay their cell phone bill for a month. They may smile and pretend they're happy if you get them coins but they couldn't care less about this stuff.
I dunno man. My great aunt gave me 10 half oz gold coins and I was pretty happy.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
2701 posts
149 upvotes
Mississauga
Imagine getting a few of these as an inheritance or a gift from a relative !

Market value- $55,000.00 .................each

Still wanna trade for a cell phone ?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7861 posts
2743 upvotes
Washington, DC
auto-m8 wrote:
Jun 4th, 2016 8:07 am
Imagine getting a few of these as an inheritance or a gift from a relative !

Market value- $55,000.00 .................each

Still wanna trade for a cell phone ?
So I'd have to be 105 years old and survive two world wars to collect my $55,000?
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Banned
May 30, 2016
116 posts
16 upvotes
coleworld wrote:
Jun 4th, 2016 12:41 am
A year or two ago, I randomly walked into a Shoppers CP outlet and they had the $20 for $20 for 25% off to clear out. I politely asked if I took them all, could she do any better? She gave me 45% off and I grabbed all 10 or so. I didn't even believe it at first, I still can't.

It was like trading a nickel for a dime
Who decides the sale price of these items ? Or what further discount to give on top of the sale price ?

Canada Post the crown corporation or the franchise owner who runs that small CP outlet in SDM ?

Wouldn't the franchise owner get more money if he sends it back to CP as unsold inventory or does he go into loss if he sells it for 45 % less or does CP compensate him for the loss he took by selling at 45 % off as oppossed to 25 % off.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
2701 posts
149 upvotes
Mississauga
lincoln wrote:
Jun 4th, 2016 12:26 pm
So I'd have to be 105 years old and survive two world wars to collect my $55,000?
Funny Guy !

Read the post again, "Imagine getting a few of these as an inheritance or a gift from a relative !"

I didn't refer to buying coins , only what can happen to the value of an unpopular coin that nobody gave a second though to
but some decided to put away for generation or so !

Hindsight comes a lot easier than foresight !

Look at what happened to the price of gold over the last 25 years !
Look at what happened to the price of real estate as over the last 25 years !

You may not realize any intrinsic increase in value in your lifetime , try socking them
away for your kids or their kids for that matter !

.....just saying...........
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3554 posts
389 upvotes
Vancouver
coleworld wrote:
Jun 4th, 2016 12:41 am
A year or two ago, I randomly walked into a Shoppers CP outlet and they had the $20 for $20 for 25% off to clear out. I politely asked if I took them all, could she do any better? She gave me 45% off and I grabbed all 10 or so. I didn't even believe it at first, I still can't.

It was like trading a nickel for a dime
It will probably take some time and hard work, but through your bank and consulting with the mint, you should be able to return them back to the mint to get back their face value of $20.
Jan 10, 2011
2 posts
Have been to two CP outlets in Ottawa, no discounts whatsoever. They even had some 2013 coins still on offer at one.
Maybe this post office only?